Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving for Pop in 9 excruciatingly long days so I'm probably coming up with questions I don't really, really need answers to but I need something Disney to help me through! Hopefully you can help!
  1. I noticed in a previous thread that someone said the actual bus ride time to MK from Pop is 17-19 minutes. I'm guessing that is the longest to-a-park ride, correct? (Yes, I realize that is just the on-the-bus time, not including waiting.)
  2. We haven't frequented resort QS in the past very much but I anticipate we will a couple of times at Pop. I can pretty much figure out what the busiest times are for lunch and dinner (we will just do breakfast in the room, or walking to the bus as the case may be!). If we go at a busy time, say 5 pm, will we still likely be able to find a table for 4? Is there any outdoor seating in the shade?
  3. How crowded does the Hippy Dippy Pool get in the afternoons? Like, get in the pool and stand there shoulder-to-shoulder crowded? Or just difficult to find a chair crowded?

1. I actually timed my bus trips from POP the last time i stayed there. started the time the second the bus started pulling away, and stopped the timer the second the bus parked at the parks. of the 4 trips to MK from POP, the shortest trip took just over 12 min, and the longest took just over 17 min, so id say 15 min is a safe bet. This isn't factoring in the time it takes to load/unload the busses though.

2. Plenty of tables available in the food court, so you will 100% be able to find a table for 4, even at the busiest hours. There is seating outdoors as well if you prefer that.

3. The pool never gets anywhere near that crowded to where its shoulder to shoulder. You'll have plenty of space to move around freely. I really don't know how how hard it would be to find a chair by the pool, but i'd imagine there's plenty of them to go around.

I’ve read several sources that say the Hippy Dippy pool will be closed January-March 2020.
This is what is anticipated but nothing official has ever been announced. We don’t know how large a refurbishment it will be so no idea how long it will take.

I just don’t want people who have April or later reservations to be disappointed if it goes longer than March.

Has anyone spent MLK weekend at POP? Planning a solo trip for that weekend and it wasn't difficult to find availability. I imagine the parks will be VERY crowded but wondered how the resort might be.

Yes I was there MLK weekend 2018. There were a couple of tour groups, but nothing outrageous. It was very cold, so not many people were being loud outside or anything. Food court was the normal busy that it usually is.

I thought the parks were fine except for MK. It was chaos as usual on a holiday.

We are big coffee drinkers who each have a couple cups (those small hotel room cups) in the morning while we are getting ready for our day in the parks.
What kind of coffee does the room have? Do they have kuerig? How about cups? We like real coffee cups, like at CSR, which is the moderate where we sometimes stay.

Yes I was there MLK weekend 2018. There were a couple of tour groups, but nothing outrageous. It was very cold, so not many people were being loud outside or anything. Food court was the normal busy that it usually is.

I thought the parks were fine except for MK. It was chaos as usual on a holiday.

Thanks! I don't really plan to spend much time at MK. I will save that for our family trip in May. Mostly want to spend time at Epcot and the Studios with a morning or afternoon in AK. This will be my 4th stay at Pop. I know the pool will be closed but wasn't counting on swimming in January anyway. Love Pop!!!

This is what is anticipated but nothing official has ever been announced. We don’t know how large a refurbishment it will be so no idea how long it will take.

I just don’t want people who have April or later reservations to be disappointed if it goes longer than March.

The only "official" information on the Disney website says "Beginning winter 2020, the Hippy Dippy Pool will be closed for refurbishment. During this time, you can still make a splash at our Bowling Pool and Computer Pool—while little dippers can enjoy our kiddie pool. Also, Petals Pool Bar will be closed and Movies Under the Stars will be offered in an alternate location. You may notice construction noise while this refurbishment is underway, but the noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00 AM. " No start or anticipated completion dates available as of yet.

I will be staying at Pop in October, we are driving down, and thinking of driving to one of the theme parks on our last day. Do the theme park car gates have a magic band scanner, or will I have to pay for parking? any info will be appreciated.

I will be staying at Pop in October, we are driving down, and thinking of driving to one of the theme parks on our last day. Do the theme park car gates have a magic band scanner, or will I have to pay for parking? any info will be appreciated.

Yes, the gate attendant will scan your MB and wave you through!

but the scenario is there's a fire, there's smoke, it's the middle of the night, and whoever's on the mattress is either not awake or passed out from the smoke, while other people in the room are trying to get out.
Smoke rises (why smoke detectors are near/on the ceiling. Person on the air mattress should be the least affected. Just don't put a heavy drinker there ;)

Last edited:
We are big coffee drinkers who each have a couple cups (those small hotel room cups) in the morning while we are getting ready for our day in the parks.
What kind of coffee does the room have? Do they have kuerig? How about cups? We like real coffee cups, like at CSR, which is the moderate where we sometimes stay.

I haven't stayed at PoP yet, but since none of the resident experts has yet answered;

The coffee maker is a Cuisinart that uses pods.
http://www.thecastleconcierge.com/r...s-pop-century/pop-century-renovated-room-049/
The coffee supplied in the rooms is Joffrey's.
http://www.thecastleconcierge.com/r...s-pop-century/pop-century-renovated-room-048/
I believe I read that the cups are paper.

Last edited:
Disney is saying Winter 2020. January to March would be Winter 2020.
This is Disney’s statement as @Disneylvr took the time to write down for us

The only "official" information on the Disney website says "Beginning winter 2020, the Hippy Dippy Pool will be closed for refurbishment. During this time, you can still make a splash at our Bowling Pool and Computer Pool—while little dippers can enjoy our kiddie pool. Also, Petals Pool Bar will be closed and Movies Under the Stars will be offered in an alternate location. You may notice construction noise while this refurbishment is underway, but the noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00 AM. " No start or anticipated completion dates available as of yet.
Disney’s statement says the refurbishment will BEGIN Winter 2020. The have not committed to an end date at this time.

Last edited:
They have the Joffrey's Mickey's blend coffee pods. A two cup cuisinart coffee maker and heavier paper cups. I never used it for coffee but did use it to make tea in the morning and it worked out perfectly.

Thank you, disneyophile and erinmc3. I like that the coffee maker makes two cups at a time. And we do like Joffrey's coffee. I will bubble wrap a couple mugs and pack them in my carryon. Never stayed in a value yet, but we are looking forward to our vacation. Especially since the skyliner will be operating, which is why we decided to give it a try.

Question regarding Resort Airline Check In Desk. First time having to pay a JetBlue baggage fee. Does the desk at Pop take payment or do I need to pay in advance? Been searching threads and finding varying answers.

I booked JetBlue carry on only tickets and my son has a LONG LIST of SW:GE merch he plans on buying! Going to need to bring a big suitcase just for his stuff!:rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts