Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a medical reason for one of our requests (floor room) but is it still acceptable to Fax other room requests in? Is it still a general rule about 10 days out from arrival? If so what number do we Fax to? 19 days to go!

We requested first floor, traveling with scooter and wheelchair. We spoke with disability services. We are assigned fourth floor!

We requested first floor, traveling with scooter and wheelchair. We spoke with disability services. We are assigned fourth floor!
We have a “medical form” that was filled out by an agent for our medical necessity. If we arrive and don’t have a ground floor we will just request a new room. No biggie!

Leaving for Pop in 9 excruciatingly long days so I'm probably coming up with questions I don't really, really need answers to but I need something Disney to help me through! Hopefully you can help!
  1. I noticed in a previous thread that someone said the actual bus ride time to MK from Pop is 17-19 minutes. I'm guessing that is the longest to-a-park ride, correct? (Yes, I realize that is just the on-the-bus time, not including waiting.)
  2. We haven't frequented resort QS in the past very much but I anticipate we will a couple of times at Pop. I can pretty much figure out what the busiest times are for lunch and dinner (we will just do breakfast in the room, or walking to the bus as the case may be!). If we go at a busy time, say 5 pm, will we still likely be able to find a table for 4? Is there any outdoor seating in the shade?
  3. How crowded does the Hippy Dippy Pool get in the afternoons? Like, get in the pool and stand there shoulder-to-shoulder crowded? Or just difficult to find a chair crowded?

We requested ground floor too (accessible room reserved) but received 3rd floor. They couldn’t move us, Resort was full. Since POP has elevators in all buildings, we just accepted it but still wish we could have been on the ground floor.

CapnJacksGirl, I do find the ride to MK to be the longest (maybe around 20 min), but I've never timed them all, so it's just my opinion really. As to the QS, usually you can find a table, as long as you look in each section, and there are tables right outside of the QS doors that are easily accessible. I would recommend during busy times to look before you sit down in a chair/booth, as sometimes they are cleaned so fast the seats can be overlooked (but that's everywhere, not just Pop).

Pop is furthest from Magic Kingdom (which makes is closer to the other 3 parks :) ) This map give a better idea of spacing and why it takes so long to get to the MK.

While the food court can get busy, there has never been a time that we could not find a table.

Similarly, the Hippy Dippy pool can get busy but we've always been able to swim. If you prefer something quieter the other pools tend to be less busy.

Pop is furthest from Magic Kingdom (which makes is closer to the other 3 parks :) ) This map give a better idea of spacing and why it takes so long to get to the MK.

While the food court can get busy, there has never been a time that we could not find a table.

Similarly, the Hippy Dippy pool can get busy but we've always been able to swim. If you prefer something quieter the other pools tend to be less busy.

Thanks for the info! These boards have made me very codependent. I may know the information but I need someone to reiterate it for me!

So to follow-up, for rope drop each morning, if I'm planning for 45 minutes from the time we arrive at the Pop bus stop til we get to the park drop-off, I should be good, yes?

Thanks for the info! These boards have made me very codependent. I may know the information but I need someone to reiterate it for me!

So to follow-up, for rope drop each morning, if I'm planning for 45 minutes from the time we arrive at the Pop bus stop til we get to the park drop-off, I should be good, yes?
To get to the bus drop off at MK I would say yes, that should be sufficient if you're not aiming to go around park opening. If you want to be there within 30 mins before the park opens until an hour after the park opens I would recommend arriving at the Pop bus stop 60 mins before you want to get there. It's not unusual for the line to be long even though they will be filling buses often, even the articulated buses.

Also, I'm sharing what I would plan on to get me to the bus drop off spot at MK. I would add an additional 15 mins for walking to MK, bag check and going through a tap stile.

Personally, to be in the MK for rope drop we arrive at the bus stop at Pop a minimum of 75 mins before park opening.

Just back from our trip, miss it already. We added 3 nights at POP onto the end of our 10 night stay at AKL. We love POP and it's fun atmosphere. We stayed in the 80's building. Had an amazing stay. The room was fresh and clean. It was my DS first time in the updated room and he absolutely loved it, even more than the outdated AKL room!

For anyone at Pop now or very recently, are they still selling cases of water over by the ice cream counter area? Does anyone know what size bottles they are and is it a 24 pack? We arrive Tuesday and want to purchase a few cases.

Hey Pop peeps. Lol. I’m going to suppose the opening posts on this thread haven’t been updated? I thought Pop had queen beds now. We are planning a Feb trip and considering Pop. It does say on the website the Hippy Dippy pool will be closed as well as the pool bar :( but I can’t really remember if it’s even going to be warm enough to swim so maybe that won’t matter?

Hey Pop peeps. Lol. I’m going to suppose the opening posts on this thread haven’t been updated? I thought Pop had queen beds now. We are planning a Feb trip and considering Pop. It does say on the website the Hippy Dippy pool will be closed as well as the pool bar :( but I can’t really remember if it’s even going to be warm enough to swim so maybe that won’t matter?
You are correct that the first several posts have not been updated. Yes, Pop has all queen beds now (other than the king rooms, of course). I'm not sure if we know when the pool refurb is supposed to begin, but we believe it will be sometime after Christmas and so it will very possibly be closed during your trip. The other two pools will remain open (computer and bowling pin). I do believe February can be hit or miss regarding the weather, but I know Disney pools are heated to at least 80 degrees F, fwiw.

We are often being asked if an inflatable mattress will fit in the refurbished rooms at Pop. Friends are there now and this is a picture of their twin sized inflatable mattress in the room. On the left of the picture is the coffee/fridge stand and on the right you can see how it fits between the angled door and the pulled down bed. Hope this is helpful to many!
View attachment 425333

Ooh, thanks for sharing, that is very helpful!

Leaving for Pop in 9 excruciatingly long days so I'm probably coming up with questions I don't really, really need answers to but I need something Disney to help me through! Hopefully you can help!
  1. I noticed in a previous thread that someone said the actual bus ride time to MK from Pop is 17-19 minutes. I'm guessing that is the longest to-a-park ride, correct? (Yes, I realize that is just the on-the-bus time, not including waiting.)
  2. We haven't frequented resort QS in the past very much but I anticipate we will a couple of times at Pop. I can pretty much figure out what the busiest times are for lunch and dinner (we will just do breakfast in the room, or walking to the bus as the case may be!). If we go at a busy time, say 5 pm, will we still likely be able to find a table for 4? Is there any outdoor seating in the shade?
  3. How crowded does the Hippy Dippy Pool get in the afternoons? Like, get in the pool and stand there shoulder-to-shoulder crowded? Or just difficult to find a chair crowded?

So I would say 5 PM is NOT a busy time for the food court. Most people are in the parks at that time. We ate dinner around that time a few times and it was not busy. Then, when we wanted a snack at 10 or 11 PM it was swamped with people back from the parks.

Same with the pool. It's usually not very busy in the afternoons. But then again, it's often closed as there's lightning in the area quite often that time of day.

You are correct that the first several posts have not been updated. Yes, Pop has all queen beds now (other than the king rooms, of course). I'm not sure if we know when the pool refurb is supposed to begin, but we believe it will be sometime after Christmas and so it will very possibly be closed during your trip. The other two pools will remain open (computer and bowling pin). I do believe February can be hit or miss regarding the weather, but I know Disney pools are heated to at least 80 degrees F, fwiw.
I’ve read several sources that say the Hippy Dippy pool will be closed January-March 2020.

Has anyone spent MLK weekend at POP? Planning a solo trip for that weekend and it wasn't difficult to find availability. I imagine the parks will be VERY crowded but wondered how the resort might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts