Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never found this to be the case at POP. I've never had an issue finding a seat during multiple stays of 8 or more nights. I've been at all times of the day and service has also been excellent each time. It can get busy but never to the extreme you've described.

No its true. You may be able to get a seat....usually not clean, but the lines are ridiculous. Pizza after 7pm takes an hour or more. Just to order you have 100 people in front of you. So select seating and super huge lines. Pop is horrible for their food court.

We've stayed at POP at least 20 times (not a typo) and I've never found this to be the case. We've gone during the holidays (Thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas), during summer (June and August) and every Spring Break for the last 6 years. While there are times it is extremely busy, like during Football/Cheer/Band events, we have never *not* been able to find a seat for our group which has ranged from just me + 2 sons to all of our extended family of 16 ppl.
Finding A seat and having 100 people in a 45 min food line are 2 different things. Grab your seat, probally dirty, but you are going to wait for yoir food and to pay, dont pretend its not true. And not cheerleading groups, just groups, from other countries, 100s of them, and other groups always at POP its a cheap hotel its what you get

We have stayed at Pop numerous times, usually in September and have never found the food court as you have stated. We think Pop has the best food court on property. We have never waited that long in line and have always found a table easily. It makes a difference what time of year you go. That’s why research is kinda important so you can avoid the time of year when there are huge groups of kids.

Always an issue. Gone different times of year.

I've stayed at Pop many, many times including once with a group of theater students and never had a bad experience with the food court. It is busy, but I've never waited in a line for 45 minutes for food at Pop...if it were that bad, I'd be tempted to do Uber Eats, go to a park, or go to Art of Animation.

No its true. You may be able to get a seat....usually not clean, but the lines are ridiculous. Pizza after 7pm takes an hour or more. Just to order you have 100 people in front of you. So select seating and super huge lines. Pop is horrible for their food court.
Finding A seat and having 100 people in a 45 min food line are 2 different things. Grab your seat, probally dirty, but you are going to wait for yoir food and to pay, dont pretend its not true. And not cheerleading groups, just groups, from other countries, 100s of them, and other groups always at POP its a cheap hotel its what you get
Always an issue. Gone different times of year.

Sorry you have had such bad experiences with the foodcourt at Pop, but many/most of us have not.

So while your experiences may be true for you, they’re not like that all the time.

FWIW, I have found Pop cleaner and more efficient at times then the moderates/deluxes I’ve stayed at.

Good luck to you at your moderate. :goodvibes

Sorry you have had such bad experiences with the foodcourt at Pop, but many/most of us have not.

So while your experiences may be true for you, they’re not like that all the time.

FWIW, I have found Pop cleaner and more efficient at times then the moderates/deluxes I’ve stayed at.

Good luck to you at your moderate. :goodvibes

I totally agree with this and we've stayed at all levels over the years. My last stay at Pop (which was in June), the food court was never crowded, and the CM's there were so nice and helpful when making an order customized for me, no wait to order, no wait to pay. My last stay at Poly (just got back from this trip 2 weeks ago), Capt. Cook's was good, but the wait to order food and get food was longer than at the food court at Pop, and they messed up my order at Capt. Cook's (still love me some Capt. Cook's).

The food court at FQ (my fav. resort) is tiny and can run out of stocked items fairly quickly. In short, each food court/QS at the hotels can have issues, but each has their pro's. I'm looking forward to my next Pop stay and their food court coming up in just a few weeks. My family has indeed made hotel choices just based on the food offered at each hotel, it just depends on what a person is looking for. The food court styles at the values has always been a big draw for my family, esp. my dad. To each their own.

I totally agree with this and we've stayed at all levels over the years. My last stay at Pop (which was in June), the food court was never crowded, and the CM's there were so nice and helpful when making an order customized for me, no wait to order, no wait to pay. My last stay at Poly (just got back from this trip 2 weeks ago), Capt. Cook's was good, but the wait to order food and get food was longer than at the food court at Pop, and they messed up my order at Capt. Cook's (still love me some Capt. Cook's).

The food court at FQ (my fav. resort) is tiny and can run out of stocked items fairly quickly. In short, each food court/QS at the hotels can have issues, but each has their pro's. I'm looking forward to my next Pop stay and their food court coming up in just a few weeks. My family has indeed made hotel choices just based on the food offered at each hotel, it just depends on what a person is looking for. The food court styles at the values has always been a big draw for my family, esp. my dad. To each their own.
I hear you. We just did a POFQ/Poly split stay. While we love those resorts, we missed the Pop food court.

We checked out of the Poly yesterday. As we left, Captain Cooks was slammed. Crowded, dirty tables, long lines, empty coffee machines.....It’s small so it gets easily overwhelmed. A person checking out the resort for the first time could get totally turned off by this. Yet, if they checked out Captain Cooks a half hour later, everything may be clean, coffee refilled and lines non existent. Timing is everything.

Staying at a moderate only due to the pool closing at Pop during our stay

Staying at a moderate only due to the pool closing at Pop during our stay

Pools are definitely another one of those things that can make or break a hotel for a family. I never swim, so pools don't factor in the decision for me (and I try to request spots away from pools), but my brother's family likes to swim so they do weigh that in their debating.

Hope you have a great trip! I'm jazzed to try out the Skyliner from Pop.

5 days until we arrive at POP! Can anyone tell me the order of Magical Express drop offs for POP? I assume there are a few resorts it stops at?

Pools are definitely another one of those things that can make or break a hotel for a family. I never swim, so pools don't factor in the decision for me (and I try to request spots away from pools), but my brother's family likes to swim so they do weigh that in their debating.

Hope you have a great trip! I'm jazzed to try out the Skyliner from Pop.

A pool would make or break it for us if we are going between March (even that month is iffy for swimming) to November. My next Pop stay is in January so I don't mind the pool being closed. The water may be heated but I don't like getting out and the air temp is lower than 70 degrees. Brrrrrrrrrr. But that is just me.

5 days until we arrive at POP! Can anyone tell me the order of Magical Express drop offs for POP? I assume there are a few resorts it stops at?

My last Pop trip, AoA was first for me too. Hope you have a fantastic trip!

I've stayed at Pop many, many times including once with a group of theater students and never had a bad experience with the food court. It is busy, but I've never waited in a line for 45 minutes for food at Pop...if it were that bad, I'd be tempted to do Uber Eats, go to a park, or go to Art of Animation.
I agree. I think the longest we’ve ever waited in line at the food court was 10 minutes.

It's not a set route. We've had

Beach Club - Yacht Club - Caribbean Beach - AoA - Pop

Caribbean Beach - AoA - Pop

Boardwalk - AoA - Pop

Pop - Caribbean Beach - Yacht Club

You just never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter