Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our flight doesn’t arrive until 10:45 pm so we won’t arrive to the hotel until midnight. Can we still go to guest services to decline housekeeping? Won’t have time to stop in the morning as we will be on our way to the parks early .....

Just priced a week in December with 'free dining' for Pop Century standard room. It's $500 more than my week in August with 'free dining' (same length, same everything). Yikes!!!
For fun, I just priced the same length, start days, upgrade to Deluxe Dining, etc for December. Mine is $800 more! I tried to price to see how September changed, but it shows no availability.

There have been ticket increases, dining plan increases and room price increases since FD was offered in January so that will account for some of the difference.

Also, September tickets are priced between $104 and $112 a day whereas December tickets are between $112 and $149 a day. That could quickly add to the price also. It's difficult to compare September trips vs. December trips for a number of reasons but basically, September is less expensive than December across the board.

I wasn't able to get Free Dining for my dates booked, so I've switched my reservation to Sports, for about $100 more, with an added night and hopper tickets.
Of course, I was checking in on Nov 28th and now I'm doing it on the 27th.

Hello All,
We will be driving down to POP end of this week. We are planning on splitting the drive over 2 days but if the kids are good I might be able to do it in one day. I was planning on getting to POP at noon on the 20th for checkin. However, if I make good time and can run it I could possibly make it there late at night on the 19th. Would I be able to get there and add that extra night? We have a package with free dining attached to it. If we get in the night before would we be able to extend with free dining or would we just have to pay for a room at rack rate for that one night?

Our flight doesn’t arrive until 10:45 pm so we won’t arrive to the hotel until midnight. Can we still go to guest services to decline housekeeping? Won’t have time to stop in the morning as we will be on our way to the parks early .....
You can also try calling housekeeping from your room. We stayed at CSR in June and I didn't think about declining housekeeping that first night. (We did online check in and went straight to our room so I didn't see a CM that first night). Anyway, I was able to call that first morning before we left to go to a park and decline housekeeping. They sent us our gift card by email within 20 minutes.

Hello All,
We will be driving down to POP end of this week. We are planning on splitting the drive over 2 days but if the kids are good I might be able to do it in one day. I was planning on getting to POP at noon on the 20th for checkin. However, if I make good time and can run it I could possibly make it there late at night on the 19th. Would I be able to get there and add that extra night? We have a package with free dining attached to it. If we get in the night before would we be able to extend with free dining or would we just have to pay for a room at rack rate for that one night?
You won't be able to add a night to your package. And you might not be able to just add a night without a reservation. You might be better off just getting a room off property if you arrive early, and then check-in early at POP the next morning.

Hello All,
Pop is often running at 100% capacity right now so I wouldn't count on being able to stay an extra night there unless you make arrangements ahead of time. (I've been trying for 2+ months just to book a single night in September and have not been able to secure it even though I started looking over 4 months in advance of our trip!)

I don't believe you'll be able to add a night to your FD promotion even if they have room at Pop but you could possibly book a 1 night, room only reservation. Again, I would recommend calling ASAP to see if this is even an option.

I just did a quick search and can find 1 night at Pop for this Friday night but personally I would not risk showing up without a reservation and I would book it in advance. Not sure what their cancellation policy is though should you decide to stop for the night and need to cancel it at the last minute.

You can also try calling housekeeping from your room. We stayed at CSR in June and I didn't think about declining housekeeping that first night. (We did online check in and went straight to our room so I didn't see a CM that first night). Anyway, I was able to call that first morning before we left to go to a park and decline housekeeping. They sent us our gift card by email within 20 minutes.
While this may have worked, I would not recommend trying as many others have reported asking the morning after they've checked in and not been able to decline housekeeping. It's best to do this in person either at the check-in desk or guest services.

Haven’t posted for a bit! Today was our 180 days! My awesome TA GOT OUR TWO ADR’s!!! Knew spice road would be pretty easy to get...drum roll we got Story Book on the night and time we wanted! Airfare is booked, just have to finalize which of our two MK days to take KTTK tour!
So excited there is an opening date for the skyliner, can’t wait to ride it!

Hope everyone who is waiting for their 180 this week gets as lucky as we did!

My TA and I are now about convinced we snagged Pop for my end of Sept trip with a pricing glitch. It was less THEN (end of January when I booked) than a Standard All Stars (Music or Sports, so not a potentially renovated Movies, though I think Pop was less than that also!).

For those who have stayed at Pop before.....will a gallon of milk fit in the mini-fridge? If anyone has photo of the fridge WITH food/drinks in it, that would be very helpful. I know it's a dorm-size fridge but it's hard to picture what would fit by just looking at it empty in a photo. TIA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!