Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn't think of this. Do they hold bags? We would be coming right from a cruise so would arrive 10am or so? Then would like to drop our bags and head to the park. Didn't occur to me that we couldn't check in but if we could at least put our bags somewhere safe we could manage.

When you do on line checkin, put in your expected arrival time. I have gotten the text saying my room is ready 3 out of 4 times within 15 minutes of that time. Twice it was 11 am and the other time it was 7 am. The other time it was 11 am, and we got the text about 1pm, Just left all of our bags at luggage services. We had use ME that year and all were delivered to our room with the rest of our luggage. The time at 7 am, we were staying 2 nights before at a Disney Spring hotel, basically packed up there and drove over and went straight to our room.

How does it work if you decline housekeeping for the gift card? Is it $10 per night minus one night is what I remember? Any limits? We will be there 11 nights? And if we do this how do we get fresh towels and such? Thanks for any info!

How does it work if you decline housekeeping for the gift card? Is it $10 per night minus one night is what I remember? Any limits? We will be there 11 nights? And if we do this how do we get fresh towels and such? Thanks for any info!

You do have to decline it your arrival day. After that, no bueno.

I have a question about this as well. Do you get the gift card immediately and put it on your account for room charges? Thanks.

I would say within an hour it is delivered electronically. I personally write the card number and security code number down and combine it with my other gift card using disneygiftcard.com and then use that card to buy merch/meals/etc. I pay my room pre-arrival and don’t like to charge back to it.

I have a question about this as well. Do you get the gift card immediately and put it on your account for room charges? Thanks.
A couple of days after arrival I go to guest services and apply it to my room with other gift cards. You cannot run a credit on your room.

I am the opposite to @Dug720 and I charge everything to my room. I like the convenience of looking at the MDE app and seeing all my charges in one location.

Just different ways to do the same thing. 😊

A couple of days after arrival I go to guest services and apply it to my room with other gift cards. You cannot run a credit on your room.

I am the opposite to @Dug720 and I charge everything to my room. I like the convenience of looking at the MDE app and seeing all my charges in one location.

Just different ways to do the same thing. 😊

I am curious about the “no credit on your room” because due to price drops and resort changes after I paid off the room early, I currently DO have a credit on there. (Not sure why they did not refund my card, but basically what is on there will cover my food, so bonus!)

Any clue if I can ask for that to be put on a gift card since you are not supposed to be able to run a credit on your room?

I am curious about the “no credit on your room” because due to price drops and resort changes after I paid off the room early, I currently DO have a credit on there. (Not sure why they did not refund my card, but basically what is on there will cover my food, so bonus!)

Any clue if I can ask for that to be put on a gift card since you are not supposed to be able to run a credit on your room?
I’m not sure about that. I know people have reported you can no longer ‘pay ahead’ with gift cards to run a credit on your room. I’ve done this in the past but numerous people have reported you can no longer do that. I tried in April and was also told I could not do it.

Not sure what happens in your situation. I’m also surprised that your cc was not refunded. The was a room price drop for our April trip. When I called to get the new price, my cc was refunded about 1 week later for the difference in the cost of the 2 rooms. Does your MDE app show a credit owing to you?

I’m not sure about that. I know people have reported you can no longer ‘pay ahead’ with gift cards to run a credit on your room. I’ve done this in the past but numerous people have reported you can no longer do that. I tried in April and was also told I could not do it.

Not sure what happens in your situation. I’m also surprised that your cc was not refunded. The was a room price drop for our April trip. When I called to get the new price, my cc was refunded about 1 week later for the difference in the cost of the 2 rooms. Does your MDE app show a credit owing to you?

Yep. My balance is a negative number and shows more paid than owed when you run the numbers.

I’ll try to remember to report back on Thursday (or at least after my trip and cruise) - though I am staying at Music for this one.

Opening date of Sep 29, 2019 has officially been announced by Disney for the Skyliner.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-on-sept-29-2019-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Excited for those who will enjoy it but disappointed as we leave mid-September. Hoping for soft openings but not holding my breath!

I was so sure they'd be open for this trip. That's what I get for trusting rumours. 😭
I’m such a dork but the skyliner had me sooooo very excited it had been so long since we’ve been to Disney and i’m not sure when we’ll get to go back because their prices are just getting too high for my family of 5 and I was really hoping to get to do this but we leave on the 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter