Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Requests are just requests and I agree that the time may have been a factor.

Also I've stayed at pop 4 times and have never had someone come out from behind the desk to greet me or seen it done.

Stayed at Pop 4/29-5-4 and visited the front desk at least 4 times and each time the cast member came out from behind the desk, greeted me at the line and walked me back to the counter. This is the first time I've seen a castmember do this in the 23 years I have been going to WDW staying at various resorts. I thought maybe it was something new to add to the guest experience.

Thank you! That looks a little far from the bus stop, though for non-preferred? I was thinking buildings 5, 6, or 10.

We've stayed at Pop a few times. Our favorite (by far) room location was lake view, 4th floor, building 4. We could see fireworks from our room every night, we were steps from the main pool, and the food court and bus stops were a quick walk. And the bonus was that even though we were super close to the pool, since we weren't facing the pool, we didn't have any of that noise. We were there before AoA opened so this wasn't a benefit for us, but that room location is close to the bridge to AoA which makes it easy to walk over there to eat in their food court and also gives you the option of taking the bus back to AoA from a park if that line is shorter than Pop's. And it's also close to the Skyliner station (which will be open/running by the time you go).

Can anyone confirm that some of the lakeview rooms in building 5 or 6 non-preferred rooms have fireworks views, and if so, which ones? If not I will request Building 4 but hoping for 5 or 6 as it is a little closer to the bus stop. Thanks!

Can anyone confirm that some of the lakeview rooms in building 5 or 6 non-preferred rooms have fireworks views, and if so, which ones? If not I will request Building 4 but hoping for 5 or 6 as it is a little closer to the bus stop. Thanks!

I would just request what's important to you (lake view or close to transportation) rather than trying to get a fireworks view. There's no guarantee that you'll be able to see fireworks from your room even if you're in building 4, lake view. There are trees that could block your view. The reality is that anyone can walk to the back side of the resort or on the bridge between Pop & AoA and have a nice view of the fireworks regardless of what room they're in. The walk from a standard room lake view room in buildings 4, 5, & 6 to the bus stops is virtually the same. Some of the rooms in building 6 are just a tiny bit further than the furthest rooms in buildings 4 & 5. When I mapped it out, the longest walk from buildings 4 & 5 would be about .18 miles. From building 6, the longest walk would be about .20 miles. Not enough of a difference to make any kind impact as far as I'm concerned. The resort is very compact. After several stays, the only buildings I don't want to be in are 2 and 8...the walks from those are just a little longer than we like. If we were driving to the parks, those two buildings would be great.

You could put in a request for “fireworks view” if that’s the most important to you.

Stayed at Pop 4/29-5-4 and visited the front desk at least 4 times and each time the cast member came out from behind the desk, greeted me at the line and walked me back to the counter. This is the first time I've seen a castmember do this in the 23 years I have been going to WDW staying at various resorts. I thought maybe it was something new to add to the guest experience.

We had the same- we were greeted by two CMs as we entered the line, one of whom was able to punch in our request for a pack n play on his iPad. Another CM left from behind the counter, came over to us, and walked us over to the counter to continue helping us. It was a nice touch. I have not encountered that elsewhere. I remarked to DH that we received better service and friendlier CMs here than at the two deluxes and one moderate we’ve stayed at in the last 6 months.

We had the same- we were greeted by two CMs as we entered the line, one of whom was able to punch in our request for a pack n play on his iPad. Another CM left from behind the counter, came over to us, and walked us over to the counter to continue helping us. It was a nice touch. I have not encountered that elsewhere. I remarked to DH that we received better service and friendlier CMs here than at the two deluxes and one moderate we’ve stayed at in the last 6 months.

I had this exact sort of service a couple years ago when I stayed at Coronado on my honeymoon. I'm willing to bet that it's offered simply depending on whatever staffing situation they have that day, which is why it's not an everyday occurrence.

I have a 5-night stay coming up in September, and for once I'm actually giving myself somewhat of a down day in order to enjoy the resort pools and whatnot (the plan is just to relax at the resort for most of the day before going over to the Halloween Party that night). This will be my fourth stay at Pop but I haven't really done much at the resort grounds proper - any recommendations for a way to spend a few hours' worth of downtime while taking advantage of Pop's grounds?

We've stayed at Pop a few times. Our favorite (by far) room location was lake view, 4th floor, building 4. We could see fireworks from our room every night, we were steps from the main pool, and the food court and bus stops were a quick walk. And the bonus was that even though we were super close to the pool, since we weren't facing the pool, we didn't have any of that noise. We were there before AoA opened so this wasn't a benefit for us, but that room location is close to the bridge to AoA which makes it easy to walk over there to eat in their food court and also gives you the option of taking the bus back to AoA from a park if that line is shorter than Pop's. And it's also close to the Skyliner station (which will be open/running by the time you go).

Thanks for this info! I'm going to request it for November.

Thank you everyone! It seems like the walk to transportation is not near as long as it was at All Stars and even at CBR when we stayed there, so we should be okay! Fireworks view isn't my main preference, but on Touring plans you pick and area and I didn't want to pic hte wrong one in case we do get it. My main preference is close to transportation and dining hall, but want to be not too far from the main pool, too. So 60's or 70's top floor I think. I just can't decide which section!

I have a 5-night stay coming up in September, and for once I'm actually giving myself somewhat of a down day in order to enjoy the resort pools and whatnot (the plan is just to relax at the resort for most of the day before going over to the Halloween Party that night). This will be my fourth stay at Pop but I haven't really done much at the resort grounds proper - any recommendations for a way to spend a few hours' worth of downtime while taking advantage of Pop's grounds?

We had a down day in the middle of our Disney trip and it was so nice! We slept in, hung out by the pool, had a leisurely lunch, the girls got hair wraps (by hippy dippy pool), we walked the grounds a bit and then back to our pool in the afternoon for games and activities until it was time to get ready for dinner in Disney Springs. One thing we didn't do is walk the bridge over to AOA...I think that would have been nice to do.

I had this exact sort of service a couple years ago when I stayed at Coronado on my honeymoon. I'm willing to bet that it's offered simply depending on whatever staffing situation they have that day, which is why it's not an everyday occurrence.

Check out the shadow boxes in the lobby

Does anyone know what's going on with the "Walkman" statue at Pop? When I was there last week there was a bunch of workmen sandblasting it. It almost looked like they were putting scorch marks on it. Maybe repainting? Does anybody know?

Does anyone know what's going on with the "Walkman" statue at Pop? When I was there last week there was a bunch of workmen sandblasting it. It almost looked like they were putting scorch marks on it. Maybe repainting? Does anybody know?

I would imagine they're repainting it. When I was there last Nov they were doing that to the dancers attached to the building in the 50's. Was weird seeing them white instead of pink. Sounds like they are making their way around the resort.

What do you have to do to get a room close to Classic Hall? I reserved my room in December, requested 60s building and a top floor, and ended up in the 80s building (the furthest from CH) and third floor. Third floor didn't bother me but that long walk was a slog in last week's 90+ heat and humidity. Was told when we checked in (4 hours later than we thought due to our flight being delayed, so at 11 p.m. instead of the 7 p.m. we'd been anticipating) no other rooms were available and the desk clerk didn't seem interested in helping us out at all. She didn't even come out from behind the desk to greet us as I saw other CMs do.
preferred rooms are close to Classic Hall. Booking that category would guarantee you are close to Classic Hall.

Thank you everyone! It seems like the walk to transportation is not near as long as it was at All Stars and even at CBR when we stayed there, so we should be okay! Fireworks view isn't my main preference, but on Touring plans you pick and area and I didn't want to pic hte wrong one in case we do get it. My main preference is close to transportation and dining hall, but want to be not too far from the main pool, too. So 60's or 70's top floor I think. I just can't decide which section!
Just a heads up that the more numerous your requests are, the less likely you are to get them as the assignees won’t know your request order.

My personal experience with our last 4 trips is that the assigners have used the requests I’ve made directly with Disney over our Touring plan requests. I’ve asked for a room in building 4 the past 4 trips and had rooms on buildin 6, 7 and 10.

Also, everything we request is only that, a request. Nothing is guaranteed.

We were in building 6, (Mickey telephone) which was very close to the back doors of Classic Hall (food court). My friend always appreciated it when we'd come back from the parks.
I am looking at views from building 6 and don't see the Mickey phone. Where is it?

Definitely go for the lake view in building 6 top floor!
It looks like a nice view! Was it far from the bus stop? That is our issue at night is getting back to the room with my 9 year old who is out of stroller age but falls asleep on the bus and does not wake up, lol. Wish I could have booked preferred but it was not an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!