Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never came back here to check in after my trip last week. I had room 7128. I wanted to be a little bit closer to the lobby but it was an easy walk to the buses for race mornings and was first floor so those there the biggest advantages. Room was clean and had no major issues. No issues with buses or anything either.

Booked a trip in July. I am now a little worried about the Skyliner construction. Anybody experience this lately?

Booked a trip in July. I am now a little worried about the Skyliner construction. Anybody experience this lately?
The Skyliner construction noise is very little now that all the pilings are installed. We’ve walked by the Skyliner station often during the construction and can say we’ve never heard any noise at all. Personally I wouldn’t give it a second thought.

I think (I could be wrong though) the beverage dispenser at the pool bar is inside the pool fence and is only accessible when the pool is open. At least that's how I'm remembering it.

The bar is just outside the fence. It is on the side of the bar closest to the Cars buildings. I walk pass it regularly as my mom likes to pick up bagels and cream cheese from the shop, so after I heard this in November I checked it out. I think in most cases the bars are outside of the fences for legality/safety reasons.

Edit - My mother also pointed out that the bars are open later than the pools.

Last edited:

Do they have children’s games and activities around the pool during the day? We are going at the end of February if that makes a difference.

The bar is just outside the fence. It is on the side of the bar closest to the Cars buildings. I walk pass it regularly as my mom likes to pick up bagels and cream cheese from the shop, so after I heard this in November I checked it out. I think in most cases the bars are outside of the fences for legality/safety reasons.

Edit - My mother also pointed out that the bars are open later than the pools.

Both the bar and refill station are definitely inside the fence at AoA. You can see it in this picture as well as dozens of other pictures on Google images if you're interested. You can also see on Google Maps satellite view that the bar is inside the pool fence. We've stayed at AoA several times and that refill station is only open when the Drop Off Pool Bar is open (we've watched them close it while sitting there having drinks at the end of the night on more than one occasion) -- unless they changed something since our stay this past June -- but they would have had to move the refill station (since it's literally attached to the bar) and move the fence.

I stayed at POP last week for just one night and left very early on Tuesday, my departure day. I was in the 60's building, poolside. I walked the long way around by the lake to the front entrance. At 6:15 in the morning, there was hammering and drilling and I heard it quite clearly. I heard no noise inside my room. It's possible that rooms closest to the construction on the lakeside of the building, may hear some hammering while in their rooms, but I would not say that it was terribly loud.

On a different topic- this was my first time staying in a value resort. We almost always are at the Poly or more frequently, the Swan/Dolphin. I had read great things about Pop on this board and it was all true. I thought the resort was well-themed, the pool looked like fun, the buses were frequent and prompt, and the service was excellent. I would stay there again without reservation.

I stayed at POP last week for just one night and left very early on Tuesday, my departure day. I was in the 60's building, poolside. I walked the long way around by the lake to the front entrance. At 6:15 in the morning, there was hammering and drilling and I heard it quite clearly. I heard no noise inside my room. It's possible that rooms closest to the construction on the lakeside of the building, may hear some hammering while in their rooms, but I would not say that it was terribly loud.

On a different topic- this was my first time staying in a value resort. We almost always are at the Poly or more frequently, the Swan/Dolphin. I had read great things about Pop on this board and it was all true. I thought the resort was well-themed, the pool looked like fun, the buses were frequent and prompt, and the service was excellent. I would stay there again without reservation.

Oh, no! That's what I have always feared, that everybody will eventually discover that Pop is the most magical hotel in Disney!

I am so excited to try this value resort. We have never stayed value before, our favorite is Port Orleans and Wilderness Lodge. I have only heard great things about Pop so I am super happy to be going. We only have 5 days so plan to make the most out of every single one! Hurry up March!! :)

So about to to online check in...we have Preferred Pool View and the requests are 60s section, high floor, or near stairs...aren't all of the preferred pool view in the 60s section?????

I would call in your requests. The online check in is pretty terrible
Right...I plan to do that as well...what I was trying to ask was isn't the preferred pool view category ALL in the 60s anyway? Meaning if I'm booked in that category I can't end up in any other section...

Right...I plan to do that as well...what I was trying to ask was isn't the preferred pool view category ALL in the 60s anyway? Meaning if I'm booked in that category I can't end up in any other section...
Yes, you’re right. All of the preferred pool view rooms are in the 60s as far as I know. The online check in has been really screwy for a long time

Yes, you’re right. All of the preferred pool view rooms are in the 60s as far as I know. The online check in has been really screwy for a long time
Cool...yeah...there are only three options for my category in the online check in and find that requesting 60s seems rather strange since it's not much of a "request" per se...I'm calling in for top floor as I've heard the noise can be an issue on the lower floors in that area...

Cool...yeah...there are only three options for my category in the online check in and find that requesting 60s seems rather strange since it's not much of a "request" per se...I'm calling in for top floor as I've heard the noise can be an issue on the lower floors in that area...
Yeah it could get noisy with everyone walking past your room on the first floor.

Yes, I agree with the above posts. I called in my requests yesterday. We have just a regular preferred room- but an accessible one with roll in shower, so no idea of where these are even located. I did request 60's section, top floor and near an end where it is quieter. Hopefully I will get all 3 requests. If not, I will be fine with whatever they give.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter