Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The night we stayed late at AK (got in the Avatar queue 10 minutes to closing, so we were late getting out!), when we walked out to the bus stop, the bus/security/attendant guy asked where we were going. When we said Pop, he told us to get on the AoA bus and to tell the driver he was now doing both resorts. We did, but the driver seemed rather unhappy about it. Turned out we were the last two to get on that bus, the only going to Pop, and since we were at the end of building 4 by the bridge, we just told the driver to forget about it and we got off at AoA.

Barb,

I've been curious about this for a while, and your post made me finally go went to Google Earth and actually measure. DW and I love staying by the lake at Pop and often use the AA buses.

If you're at the YoYo staircase at the lake side of Bldg 4 of Pop, it's (rough measurement) 900 feet to the bus stops at Pop (walking by the Hippy Dippy Pool and through the main building). Starting at the same spot of Bldg 4, if you cross the bridge and walk to Art of Animation's bus stops by way of the Blue Pool and the AA main building, it's 1,700 feet to the AA bus stops.

So...about a 800-foot "penalty" for using the AA bus stop.

Barb,

I've been curious about this for a while, and your post made me finally go went to Google Earth and actually measure. DW and I love staying by the lake at Pop and often use the AA buses.

If you're at the YoYo staircase at the lake side of Bldg 4 of Pop, it's (rough measurement) 900 feet to the bus stops at Pop (walking by the Hippy Dippy Pool and through the main building). Starting at the same spot of Bldg 4, if you cross the bridge and walk to Art of Animation's bus stops by way of the Blue Pool and the AA main building, it's 1,700 feet to the AA bus stops.

But it's a gorgeous walk at night...especially if the pool bar is still open and you can grab a drink on your way. :) We've been staying in a suite at AoA on our last few trips but we always intentionally take a Pop bus back from a park one night just to enjoy the view. And when you've walked 25,000 steps already, what's a few hundred more? :)

But it's a gorgeous walk at night...especially if the pool bar is still open and you can grab a drink on your way. :) We've been staying in a suite at AoA on our last few trips but we always intentionally take a Pop bus back from a park one night just to enjoy the view. And when you've walked 25,000 steps already, what's a few hundred more? :)

Oh I agree. We stay in both, and do exactly the same. We enjoy the walk you describe, and we like having convenient access to both food courts as well. For a while AA food had significantly more variety (and healthier choices) than Pop, but now I suppose they're about the same. But we still like doing both.

I often wonder what this would have all been like had the original Pop vision been fully fulfilled. It's weird to have a Pop "Half" Century, but we do like AA.

That’s weird - we just got back and there was no shared bussing even late at night the two weeks we were there - although we didn’t have many late nights - just one or 2 at each park.

I probably wouldn't have noticed them if we hadn't been on one of the shared buses about mid-way through our stay. Once I was aware it had happened, I started looking at the bus marquees more closely at night and started noticing them the other nights. I'm sure it all depends on crowd levels, time of day, etc. I think that every time I saw it happening it was well after closing time for that park. The night we were on the shared bus we loaded it about 45 minutes after park closing. Oddly, we were in line for AoA and it was a very long line. We were pretty sure we weren't going to get on the next bus. But the line for Pop Century was much shorter and we knew we had a good shot of not only getting on their bus but also at having a seat. So we positioned ourselves so that we could quickly get out of the AoA line if we saw a Pop bus come first. We saw the Pop bus enter the "circle" so we we made the dash before anyone else started making the jump. As we were getting in the Pop line, we noticed the marquee changed to Pop/AoA. The transportation CM started telling certain groups to go over to the Pop bus because it was stopping at both resorts. And within a few seconds an AoA bus pulled up as well to take the remaining AoA people.

Quick question - I'm helping a friend plan a trip, and on the first page of this thread it says no towels are at the pools, but on the Disney website it says towels are provided at all Pop Century pools. So are they now providing towels? I stayed there a year ago and never used the pool. Thanks for any help!

(It also says that parking is free for all guests on p.1 post# 5, so there may be a few things that need to be updated.)

Quick question - I'm helping a friend plan a trip, and on the first page of this thread it says no towels are at the pools, but on the Disney website it says towels are provided at all Pop Century pools. So are they now providing towels? I stayed there a year ago and never used the pool. Thanks for any help!

(It also says that parking is free for all guests on p.1 post# 5, so there may be a few things that need to be updated.)

Yeah, when the renovations are complete there is a lovely person or persons who have volunteered to get a new Pop Century thread put together with updated information. I'll leave it to recent guests to answer your questions for sure, but I do believe there are towels provided at the pools.

Yes, towels are now available at the pools and parking is $13/night.

You’re quite right that some of the information in post 1 is incorrect. Hoping to get a new thread up soon!

Yeah, when the renovations are complete there is a lovely person or persons who have volunteered to get a new Pop Century thread put together with updated information. I'll leave it to recent guests to answer your questions for sure, but I do believe there are towels provided at the pools.
lol @Iowamomof4, you’re sweet!

I am working in a new Pop thread and hope to have it up soon! Packed my computer and brought it to the cottage this week hoping to find time to work on it. :)

Regarding shared busses. We didn’t stay until well past park closing time so that would be why we didn’t notice shared busses. As for the walk being longer from AoA to Pop rooms near the bridge, that is definitely the case. But it is a nice walk and if it is because the bus came earlier it still is a win in my book.

Regarding shared busses. We didn’t stay until well past park closing time so that would be why we didn’t notice shared busses. As for the walk being longer from AoA to Pop rooms near the bridge, that is definitely the case. But it is a nice walk and if it is because the bus came earlier it still is a win in my book.

Indeed! I often choose driving routes around home that keep me moving with fewer stoplights even if the speed limit is a bit slower because moving is much better than not moving. Just my perspective.

Can you only do three nights? I just did a random search at pop for nov 8-13 and there were rooms open. You could also try calling
I actually tried calling yesterday, i've had luck in the past, but no openings. However, this morning I randomly decided to check online, and got lucky! Price is higher than I was expecting, so hopefully AP discounts come out soon. If not, that's ok!

Yes, we didn't kid ourselves that it was closer. But we're the kind of people who like to be moving instead of waiting. Being the last ones on the bus, we would have had to get off to let the other guests out, then get back on the bus, then wait for the bus to drive us over to Pop. We figured we'd get to our room faster by just getting off right then and there :) And when you walk 23,000 steps a day, what's a few extra feet, you know? :rotfl:

We would not have made the same decision if there had been kids with us, or my mother, or if other Pop guests had been on the bus. It just felt silly to have him make that detour for just us two!

Does anyone know if Everything Pop still has the Pineapple upside down cakes and Dole Whip? Thank you.

Yes, I really liked it. It was in the cupcake section in the back.

Random question- does the store at pop have flavored coffee creamer?

I wanted flavored creamer, too. No luck. They have individual cups of non-flavored creamer and a dispenser like a coffee spout to put as much creamer as you want.

They didn't have flavored creamer in the store, nor any Disney Store on the property. I even went down to the gas station next to Disney Springs with no luck. That gas station had a very, very small section than most gas stations.

The cost to deliver was too much unless I was purchasing a lot of other items to be delivered. If I had a car, I would go outside WDW to buy it.

We will be at POP (our favorite place to stay!) in February. We are staying standard. I would like a lake view but still close to main building (or as close as you can with standard). Does that exist? What should we ask for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter