Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be arriving for our 1st stay at POP on November 11th - i need some room suggestions on the best locations to be close to a bus stop and close to the food court... Looking forward to our 1st stay here.

Just make sure the CM has both reservations associated with each other and that your original reservations both show "request to stay in the same room".

We have done a room only request with another reservation several times before and have been able to stay in the same room every time. IMHO, when you have a room only that is associated with another reservation, I believe they choose your room from available rooms for your whole trip as long as it is noted on your reservations. With that being said, it may limit your other rooms requests so be flexible.
You will still have to go down to the front desk and check out and back in but that won't take but a few minutes if you go early before you head to the park for the day!
Thanks so much!! Glad to hear it's worked out great for you in the past, I was worried about it! I'll go down early that morning to take care of the check-out/in before we leave for HS. We really wanted a king bed, but I will certainly take staying in the same room over King bed :-)

Thanks so much!! Glad to hear it's worked out great for you in the past, I was worried about it! I'll go down early that morning to take care of the check-out/in before we leave for HS. We really wanted a king bed, but I will certainly take staying in the same room over King bed :-)
On our trip in 2012, we got a king bed and got to stay in the same room :goodvibes
Add king bed on your reservation too.
If you have not already added it to your reservation, call the 407 WDISNEY #, ask them to make sure that your reservations are linked together and ask them to add:
  • Request to stay in the same room
  • King bed

in that order. Make sure IF you do your on-line check in, IMHO, I would not check any of the boxes. Once you start adding additional requests, like 60's, 50's, 4th floor, etc it limits the rooms they can assign you. In my experiences, they use the on line check in requests before they even look at your requests on your reservation and neither of those are available on the online check in requests.

Once you check in at POP, simply ask if they were able to grant your requests to stay in same room (they may or may not be able to check this yet) and king bed. As long as you are not picky about your location, I would think they could help you get both :thumbsup2

When was the last rehab completed on the rooms at Pop? Is anyone aware of any rehabs planned for POP in January 2015?

When was the last rehab completed on the rooms at Pop? Is anyone aware of any rehabs planned for POP in January 2015?

I believe the last "official" rehab was in 2010. In 2012-2013, mini fridges were added to each room and the comforters were switched to triple sheeting. I'm not sure if anything is in the works for 2015.

Hello! We just booked the S/P/D deal at Pop for 1/29-2/3. We will be celebrating my son's 6th birthday while there. I'm so excited.:cool1:

We booked a standard room and I have not added any requests. If I do online check-in does it allow you to request a specific building and floor during that process? We would like the top floor. which building should we request to be closest to food court and bus stop?

TIA

PoP in one week :)
I can already taste the cold beers and fine wines @ epcot :)
Who's arriving @ POP next week ? :thumbsup2

We check into Pop in less than a month (we = me, dh, & dd4). I called to request a king bed and they told me it couldn't be done since there were three of us in a room. Even though the third person is our 4yo. Are we actually out of luck on this? Or can a kind CM help me out upon checkin?

My college-age daughter and I will be arriving for our 1st stay at POP on Jan 11th. When my whole family travels we always rent a car; DH doesn't like being dependent on buses.

So, I have no experience with the Magic Express bus, or having the resort hold our bags and getting us and our stuff back to MCO. We are flying Southwest, and our return flight is at about 7 p.m. on a Thursday.

I made our reservation via Orbitz (great deal!) and I have our Disney confirmation number. I assume I'll need to make a call if we do want to go with DME.

Could someone talk me through it? We have been to WDW many times, just never used DME, and not since the implementation of Mickey bands and FP+. I have a lot to read up on before Jan 11th! Thanks. :)

If you want to use the Magical Express... use this link to register your flight information... disneyworld.disney.go.com/airport-transportation-reservation/

If you have questions... most of the info is here. disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/magical-express/

I'm a newbie to WDW and will visit the first time in October 2015. I have been doing my homework like a good mouseketeer lollll

Good luck!

From what I gather its pretty simple... you sign up with DME online listing both arrival and departure flights; and then they send you a packet of info with Luggage tags. They will gather your bags at Orlando International and deliver them to your hotel room. On the day you check out; you can check in with southwest right in the hotel. Bell services will hold your bags until the time to leave for the airport. Generally DME will take you to the airport 3-4 hours prior to your departing flight. The hotel will tell you what time to return in order to be taken to airport.

If you have more questions, I would call... I have found everyone most helpful when setting up all our trip plans. :)

We check into Pop in less than a month (we = me, dh, & dd4). I called to request a king bed and they told me it couldn't be done since there were three of us in a room. Even though the third person is our 4yo. Are we actually out of luck on this? Or can a kind CM help me out upon checkin?

I'm pretty sure you are out of luck. You have 3 people in your room so you have to have beds for three people. If your daughter was under 3 years old, then you could get a king bed.

PoP in one week :)
I can already taste the cold beers and fine wines @ epcot :)
Who's arriving @ POP next week ? :thumbsup2
At this time in seven days we'll be in the pool with our twin grand nieces. Because I'm an APH I get to sneak over to the F & W Festival for some relaxation.

Unfortunately once your child turns 3 everything changes and charges :worried:
A child under 3 doesn't pay for anything and you can request a king room (and hopefully get it) but once they turn 3 you pay for tickets, dining plan, park hopper and you can't request a "single bed" room. Possibly safety code violation :confused3

I believe the last "official" rehab was in 2010. In 2012-2013, mini fridges were added to each room and the comforters were switched to triple sheeting. I'm not sure if anything is in the works for 2015.

Hmmm... we stayed at POP several times when it was brand new, but we've been staying at the All-stars more recently. I wanted to go back to POP, but noticed that it was looking rather shabby in some recently posted room pics. Will we be disappointed if we go back now?

Unfortunately once your child turns 3 everything changes and charges :worried: A child under 3 doesn't pay for anything and you can request a king room (and hopefully get it) but once they turn 3 you pay for tickets, dining plan, park hopper and you can't request a "single bed" room. Possibly safety code violation :confused3

Now that you mention it, I think the CM on the phone did say something about a fire code. I just know my kid and she will end up in a bed with us regardless of size! King would make my life so much easier. Oh well.

Now that you mention it, I think the CM on the phone did say something about a fire code. I just know my kid and she will end up in a bed with us regardless of size! King would make my life so much easier. Oh well.

I agree with you 100%!
When we travel with one of our grandkids, I always end up in a bed with them and DH gets a bed all to himself:rotfl:

Hmmm... we stayed at POP several times when it was brand new, but we've been staying at the All-stars more recently. I wanted to go back to POP, but noticed that it was looking rather shabby in some recently posted room pics. Will we be disappointed if we go back now?

Not sure what pictures you've seen, but we just got back from POP 2 weeks ago, stayed in building 2 (Jukebox) in room 2146; the beds were good and the rooms were nice. Love the white linens with just the throw across the bottom of the bedding. Here is a picture of what our room looked like:
http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Bed-Side-from-Bath-Disneys-Pop-Century-Resort-from-**************.net_.jpg

We have been staying at POP every other year since 2003 when they opened and have never had a problem with the rooms :thumbsup2
I think you will LOVE it!
Can't wait to go back next November!:dance3:

We will be arriving for our 1st stay at POP on November 11th - i need some room suggestions on the best locations to be close to a bus stop and close to the food court... Looking forward to our 1st stay here.

My choice for a standard room is building 1 / 50's. It's close to the pool, relatively close to the food court, and has a nice shortcut around the front of the main building to get to the bus area.

I think your return to Pop will be just fine in terms of room quality and condition. Your only disappointment may be that the per-night room rates at Pop are typically higher ($5-$10) than for comparable room classes at the All-Stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter