Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome guide - thank you!

We are going towards the end of the month for my birthday. To say I'm excited would be a understatement! ;)

Hi
I am new here.. We are visiting Disney again in May 2015! Very excited. This will be our first time at POP. I booked a "preferred pool view" as I want to be near the main building. Do I need to call the resort in advance and request a room next to the main building or will we automatically get one since we booked that option?

Any info would be great. Thanks!!!

Hi
I am new here.. We are visiting Disney again in May 2015! Very excited. This will be our first time at POP. I booked a "preferred pool view" as I want to be near the main building. Do I need to call the resort in advance and request a room next to the main building or will we automatically get one since we booked that option?

Any info would be great. Thanks!!!

You'll be close to the main building with that booking!

When you do online check in (60 days ahead of arrival), you can request things like "ground floor" or "close to transportation" if you want to do so.

Btw...We have a Pop Preferred Pool View room booked for May 13-18!! :cool1:

We check in to POP on January 5th:banana:!

Since it is only two of us, we were going to try to request a king bed room. I know these rooms are limited. Any tips on how to go about requesting a room with a king bed? Should I just put in the request when I do online check-in?

THANKS!

Since it is only two of us, we were going to try to request a king bed room. I know these rooms are limited. Any tips on how to go about requesting a room with a king bed? Should I just put in the request when I do online check-in?

THANKS!
You should call now and make King bed your only request. That is, if it's really important to you.

Cando86 said:

THANKS!

There are WAY MORE king beds in standard views. There aren't many at all in preferred...some, but not nearly as many. I wouldn't book a preferred room if you want the best chance at a King bed. JMHO. :)

Since it is only two of us, we were going to try to request a king bed room. I know these rooms are limited.

THANKS!

We've had much better luck at the value resorts getting a king bed. Pretty much every time we've asked whereas at mods and deluxes never.

I had to do a separate room-only 1 night booking to add a night at the beginning of my POP stay. Now it's time for online check-in, what do I need to put on both reservations to get the best chance at being able to stay in the same room without the need to check-out, put our bags in hotel storage, and check-in again for a different room? It would be a huge hassle to do so, since on the check-out/check-in day we plan to spend all day in the park. Who should I call to make a verbal request?? Help!!

Not even back three weeks and I want to return:(

Me too nagshead :sad1: 2 weeks back and I am soooo ready to go back.
I won a trip to Disneyland :banana:and that should tide me over till I am back at Disney World next November :goodvibes!
Just 35 days till I experience Land! :cool1: I know it isn't the same but at least it's free! :rotfl:

I had to do a separate room-only 1 night booking to add a night at the beginning of my POP stay. Now it's time for online check-in, what do I need to put on both reservations to get the best chance at being able to stay in the same room without the need to check-out, put our bags in hotel storage, and check-in again for a different room? It would be a huge hassle to do so, since on the check-out/check-in day we plan to spend all day in the park. Who should I call to make a verbal request?? Help!!

Just make sure the CM has both reservations associated with each other and that your original reservations both show "request to stay in the same room".

We have done a room only request with another reservation several times before and have been able to stay in the same room every time. IMHO, when you have a room only that is associated with another reservation, I believe they choose your room from available rooms for your whole trip as long as it is noted on your reservations. With that being said, it may limit your other rooms requests so be flexible.
You will still have to go down to the front desk and check out and back in but that won't take but a few minutes if you go early before you head to the park for the day!

Just got off the phone from booking my next trip to Pop!! Dec 4-13, 2015!!! Only 415 days to go!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

We check in TOMORROW!! Woo-hoo!! :cool1::cool1: We have preferred rooms reserved so hopefully we'll be close to food & transportation. Really that's our only request so hopefully everything goes as planned. :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!