Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
To get to Epcot for a 11am opening from Poly.....here is how i am planning on doing it. Take monorail from TTC to MK @ 9:30am. Walk to bus stop at MK and get on 1st bus I see for BW or YC/BC. then walk to epcot via international gateway. that should get you towards the front of the line for EPCOT at the IG by 10:30-10:45

May want to plan your arrival at IG for about 30-45 minutes before your planned time of 10:30-10:45 if you hope to be towards the front of the line. IG has been opening (since at least October) around 10:15 a.m. and on some days it is quite crowded by 10:30 a.m. OR those who were there at 9:45-10:00 a.m. are already through IG and waiting at their first attraction. I posted about this on other threads and have had support from others who have been there since us in October.

For a first timer that would be staying at the Poly last week of April ‘21, do you think it will still feel “deluxe” and impressive to arrive there? Im kind of in love with the idea of the Wilderness Lodge, we were originally going to stay there but thats staying closed, we got “upgraded” to Poly Villas before they announced the refurbishment & closure of the main Poly resort. Will we still feel “Wow-ed”? Should I look into Copper Creek or will I enjoy being able to stay at Poly at my price-protected lower rate?

Hello! I've bee reading some of this thread to get ideas for room request. We're only at Poly one night, less than two weeks from now, and it'll be our first time. We have standard view booked because there wasn't lake view available. Still trying to decide what to request, but I see many folks fax in their requests. I don't have a fax machine, how else do folks send in their requests? Is there a phone number? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello! I've bee reading some of this thread to get ideas for room request. We're only at Poly one night, less than two weeks from now, and it'll be our first time. We have standard view booked because there wasn't lake view available. Still trying to decide what to request, but I see many folks fax in their requests. I don't have a fax machine, how else do folks send in their requests? Is there a phone number? Thanks!

How are you booked? On DVC points or a cash booking through Disney?

We stayed in Moorea Mon-Thu. last week. It is very far from the GCH but very close to TTC. We chose to take the ferry to MK because it was much faster and closer.

The food options at Capt. Cook's were not great. I really wish they would bring back room service.

We did get to see fireworks on Monday night. :)

We stayed in Moorea Mon-Thu. last week. It is very far from the GCH but very close to TTC. We chose to take the ferry to MK because it was much faster and closer.

The food options at Capt. Cook's were not great. I really wish they would bring back room service.

We did get to see fireworks on Monday night. :)
Are they showing movies?

Visited the resort the other day. Some current pics of things...

New cell phone tower by the Oasis Pool. Have seen several of these around other resorts as well, all very much in guest areas.
5AD6A07B-74F3-4503-87CF-9ED17B064CE5.jpeg

FBE26446-AC3C-4349-8FD1-B4D1399355A6.jpeg

GCH closes at 10pm nightly.
A99775FA-69D7-494B-92C6-BA5BEB2CE1AD.jpeg

Lobby skylights are covered while they work on the big beams outside. Makes for a rather dark GCH.
E6F8F032-F314-4D39-B855-78DF766E2130.jpeg

Current transportation board.
D4205484-CC45-4C4C-ACB3-A8D40E21E77A.jpeg

Yes, that makes sense, didn't think about that. I guess we will pack our own leis...such a silly thing but that was the part I always envied for those who stayed there.
I'm with you. Finally able to stay there and all the little things like leis, hula lessons, torch ceremony that I was looking forward to are gone. And our arrival day which I was planning as a pool day is forecast to be a high of 55! Still we will make the best of it.

I'm with you. Finally able to stay there and all the little things like leis, hula lessons, torch ceremony that I was looking forward to are gone. And our arrival day which I was planning as a pool day is forecast to be a high of 55! Still we will make the best of it.
I love the Poly. I would rather stay in a Poly studio during the construction than a studio at any other resort that is not under construction. If I couldn’t stay at the Poly, I would probably stay at BR or CC. WL is my second favorite resort. I love the theming and Geyser Point is a big plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter