Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh... special fireworks from the Poly beach are very nice too. I just watched the MNSSHP fireworks from Poly the other night. Audio was about the best I've heard in years (but don't go too far out on the beach as you loose sound quickly). MVMCP fireworks are at 10pm, in case you didn't know.

Have fun!

I can't wait for it all. And I had decided not to do the MVMCP (though there are 2 when I am there) yet still wanted to see the fireworks. This will be perfect!

I've been spoiled with only staying at either Contemporary or GF on our past trips and while Yacht Club seemed a good idea when I booked, my heart still belongs to MK over the other parks.

I booked a last-minute 3-day solo trip beginning Dec. 15th. I was originally booked at Yacht Club, but after doing Fast Passes and some dining, decided being closer to Magic Kingdom made more sense. SO, I am at the POLY for my first stay there!!

I am staying Standard View (we're CL with 23 at the GF on Jan. 2nd) -I put in room requests for either Fiji or Aotearoa with the primary desire being a balcony (for morning coffee).

What's your favorite things about the Poly?
Definitely fireworks from the beach......and Dole Whips at my leisure is one of my favorite things to do....also, the Twilight Feast! Room service from basically the entire Ohana meal but in your jammies :)

Everyone’s given some great answers already, and I agree with it all. But there is nothing like stepping off a Magical Express bus, walking into the lobby and getting the double whammy of The Smell while seeing the castle. Magical! I thought people were exaggerating about The Smell but it’s amazing.

Everyone’s given some great answers already, and I agree with it all. But there is nothing like stepping off a Magical Express bus, walking into the lobby and getting the double whammy of The Smell while seeing the castle. Magical! I thought people were exaggerating about The Smell but it’s amazing.

Lol, YES!

I was there in July and I was actually kind of bummed because the smell seemed less / lacking.

But I was there for a bit this past weekend and it smelled wonderful!

Something about scents and good memories / places, just always triggers good things.

Had a brief visit to the Poly last week. While I have come to enjoy a few other resorts around WDW and it's certainly not all candy canes and lollipops, ultimately there is no resort that gives me the feels more than Poly. The smell as mentioned above, the views, the vibe - I am an unapologetic Poly lover.

Anyway, a few pics from around the resort.

Someone remember I posted this next year when people start asking about Halloween activities.

Some pretty rad pumpkins set up at Kona Island.

Always nice to catch the EWP, which was running at 8:50pm when I was there.

These Adirondack chairs have been a great addition to the beach. Now bring the movie back to the beach instead of the lawn... please Disney?!?

Another new / recent addition is hammocks - one seen below. There are 2 or 3 others the dot the beach. They used to have hammocks out awhile ago, nice to see them back.

Runner bus info for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend. Poly shares a bus with GF and Shades of Green.

Lava Pool at 3:30am....

Just before sunrise, with the boat running before 7AM Extra Extra Magic Hours (which have since completed their run, which I will totally miss). For those who want to know the 'best' spot to watch fireworks from Poly, I'd say it's generally in this area between the bungalow on the right and that island to the left. Hug closest to the path for the best audio as it can get a little faint too far out on the beach.

Always happy to answer any questions.

Last edited:
A few more...

I noticed the Poly General Manager has changed between our July visit and now, for whatever that is worth.

Halloween activities were also left in the room, which I thought was a nice touch.

Also info for "Race Weekend Impacts", which can sometimes impact some resort guests - both with noise (fireworks from start line not too far away) and traffic delays for non runners trying to get to the park.

Had a brief visit to the Poly last week. While I have come to enjoy a few other resorts around WDW and it's certainly not all candy canes and lollipops, ultimately there is no resort that gives me the feels more than Poly. The smell as mentioned above, the views, the vibe - I am an unapologetic Poly lover.

Someone remember I posted this next year when people start asking about Halloween activities.
View attachment 450342

View attachment 450343

View attachment 450344

These Adirondack chairs have been a great addition to the beach. Now bring the movie back to the beach instead of the lawn... please Disney?!?
View attachment 450351

Another new / recent addition is hammocks - one seen below. There are 2 or 3 others the dot the beach. They used to have hammocks out awhile ago, nice to see them back.
View attachment 450346

Runner bus info for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend. Poly shares a bus with GF and Shades of Green.
View attachment 450347

View attachment 450348

View attachment 450349

Just before sunrise, with the boat running before 7AM Extra Extra Magic Hours (which have since completed their run, which I will totally miss). For those who want to know the 'best' spot to watch fireworks from Poly, I'd say it's generally in this area between the bungalow on the right and that island to the left. Hug closest to the path for the best audio as it can get a little faint too far out on the beach.
View attachment 450350

These pictures a gorgeous and have got me SO excited for our trip!!

Is it usually warm enough to swim mid-March? We’ve never been in March before but will be at the Poly in just 4 short months!

We’re interested in possibly renting DVC points at Poly starting the Saturday after Thanksgiving in 2020. We’ll need to get 2 studios. Will it be difficult to find 2 studios if we did it 11 months out? Or with that time of the year and the need for 2 villas make it next to inpossible?

I can't answer your questions, but wanted to bump your post in hopes that others will be able to help :flower3:.

We just booked our return trip to the Poly for Oct 2020 😍 bittersweet, because our twins will be turning three on the trip, which means their last "free" trip, and also our last Poly stay. My older kids loved the resort, and I can't wait to be back! I'm a bit worried about crowds and heat though, as we usually do WDW in Jan/Feb 😕

How exciting!! I've loved all the resorts we've stayed at, but the Poly is/always will be my favorite! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

As long as rooms are not too kiddish / Moana I think it will make my fav even better.

I agree ::yes::.

Today was our ADR day for next May and everything went great. On arrival day we have a full day at the Oasis pool, since we’re coming in very early and our room likely won’t be ready yet. That night we’ll be seeing Spirit of Aloha for the first time also! I know it gets mixed reviews but my gf has never been to a luau and wanted very badly to do this one,

Out of everything else we booked, I am most psyched for Galaxy’s Edge. The website was glitching out badly and not letting me see anything past 5/1 for Savi’s and the Droid Depot even though we check in to Poly on 5/2, so after I booked on the phone for the patio, I asked the CM and she was able to get me to someone at Guest Services who booked them both for us on May the 4th! What an awesome birthday trip this is gonna be!

Sounds like an awesome trip! Hope you have a great time :goodvibes.

I booked a last-minute 3-day solo trip beginning Dec. 15th. I was originally booked at Yacht Club, but after doing Fast Passes and some dining, decided being closer to Magic Kingdom made more sense. SO, I am at the POLY for my first stay there!!

I am staying Standard View (we're CL with 23 at the GF on Jan. 2nd) -I put in room requests for either Fiji or Aotearoa with the primary desire being a balcony (for morning coffee).

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! One of my favorite things to do is just walking around taking in the beautiful tropical atmosphere. I find the atmosphere very relaxing, especially at night with the lit tiki torches lighting the pathways. And now that the hammocks are back, spending a few hours in one of those is a must do :cloud9:.

So, we had four kids with us, so our favorites might lean that way 😂 we loved instant dole whips! We also liked the quick service there, it was a nice break from cheeseburgers. We loved being able to watch the fireworks one night from outside our building, we never could stay in the parks that late. My kids loved the activities the resort had, and one of our favorite memories was when we got back one evening around dinner time but they were still cleaning our room. At first we were stressed and annoyed, four kids needed to eat, tired, etc. We got Capt Cooks, ate on the steps of our building, and just walked around enjoying the resort "after dark" and chatting together. It's such a beautiful relaxing place!

So, we had four kids with us, so our favorites might lean that way 😂 we loved instant dole whips! We also liked the quick service there, it was a nice break from cheeseburgers. We loved being able to watch the fireworks one night from outside our building, we never could stay in the parks that late. My kids loved the activities the resort had, and one of our favorite memories was when we got back one evening around dinner time but they were still cleaning our room. At first we were stressed and annoyed, four kids needed to eat, tired, etc. We got Capt Cooks, ate on the steps of our building, and just walked around enjoying the resort "after dark" and chatting together. It's such a beautiful relaxing place!

I agree on the food, it’s probably my favorite thing about the Poly. It’s just so different and unique compared to other resorts. You get tired of seeing the same burgers, fries, nuggets on QS resort menus. But even the burgers at the Poly are not the same old, same old. We love the Hawaiian/Pan-Asian American flavors served. And we never had a bad meal during our stay. If I ate nothing but those Thai Coconut Meatballs the rest of my life I’d be perfectly happy with that. Way back in the planning stages last year, I was fearful about all the macadamia nuts due to my tree nut allergy. But it was so easy to avoid them, and I never felt deprived or like I was missing out or limited in any way.

If I ate nothing but those Thai Coconut Meatballs the rest of my life I’d be perfectly happy with that.
YES! When we got home I looked to see if I could find a copycat recipe 🤣 and the nachos 🤤♥️ Definitely my favorite food. We did the twilight feast as well, forgot to mention! It was good, I've never been to ohana for dinner to compare though. It was a bit on the lukewarm side, but again, four kids, so we're used to that hahaha. Biggest complaint would be we didn't have enough room to set it all out!

View attachment 450342

View attachment 450343

View attachment 450344

View attachment 450351

View attachment 450346

View attachment 450347

View attachment 450348

View attachment 450349

View attachment 450350

Heavenly

We’re interested in possibly renting DVC points at Poly starting the Saturday after Thanksgiving in 2020. We’ll need to get 2 studios. Will it be difficult to find 2 studios if we did it 11 months out? Or with that time of the year and the need for 2 villas make it next to inpossible?
At the 11 month window you should be fine - we own at Poly and I’ve never had an issue at 11 months, even 4th of July and NYE.

Hello!
How far is the walk from Moorea to the lobby? Also, is Moorea right next to the TTC path?

You should be ok at 11 months for that time. However, I wouldn’t delay too much in trying to book something. December 1 is cheaper points-wise & makes for a popular time with DVC owners with everything decorated for Christmas. When I booked the 1st week of December last year, I did so on the first day I could. I was glad I did because when I looked a week later, nights were already unavailable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter