Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villains After Hours were announced for our dates next year and now I’m thinking of logistics. I vaguely remember taking the monorail home from the Halloween party but they don’t run as late as the AH events do they? Would we be looking at buses home at the end of the night?

Villains After Hours were announced for our dates next year and now I’m thinking of logistics. I vaguely remember taking the monorail home from the Halloween party but they don’t run as late as the AH events do they? Would we be looking at buses home at the end of the night?
We went in July and we were surprised to find they had the resort monorail running. We took that but had been planning on taking the Ferry to TTC and walking to Poly. My husband and I did that in June and in hindsight I feel like it was quicker as we waited quite a while for the resort monorail in a huge hot crowded line. Not sure what their plans will be for the new adds.

We went in July and we were surprised to find they had the resort monorail running. We took that but had been planning on taking the Ferry to TTC and walking to Poly. My husband and I did that in June and in hindsight I feel like it was quicker as we waited quite a while for the resort monorail in a huge hot crowded line. Not sure what their plans will be for the new adds.
We took the TTC ferry back after a regular AH last year. Agree it worked like a charm!

We’re interested in possibly renting DVC points at Poly starting the Saturday after Thanksgiving in 2020. We’ll need to get 2 studios. Will it be difficult to find 2 studios if we did it 11 months out? Or with that time of the year and the need for 2 villas make it next to inpossible?

We just booked our return trip to the Poly for Oct 2020 😍 bittersweet, because our twins will be turning three on the trip, which means their last "free" trip, and also our last Poly stay. My older kids loved the resort, and I can't wait to be back! I'm a bit worried about crowds and heat though, as we usually do WDW in Jan/Feb 😕

We just booked our return trip to the Poly for Oct 2020 😍 bittersweet, because our twins will be turning three on the trip, which means their last "free" trip, and also our last Poly stay. My older kids loved the resort, and I can't wait to be back! I'm a bit worried about crowds and heat though, as we usually do WDW in Jan/Feb 😕

Yay! Weather in October varies. We went towards the end of the month last year and the weather was gorgeous, not too hot at all and very little rain. Crowds were better than early Oct also. More and more schools have fall breaks around Columbus Day nowadays.

Yay! Weather in October varies. We went towards the end of the month last year and the weather was gorgeous, not too hot at all and very little rain. Crowds were better than early Oct also. More and more schools have fall breaks around Columbus Day nowadays.
We're going the last week, so that gives me hope, thanks!

Today was our ADR day for next May and everything went great. On arrival day we have a full day at the Oasis pool, since we’re coming in very early and our room likely won’t be ready yet. That night we’ll be seeing Spirit of Aloha for the first time also! I know it gets mixed reviews but my gf has never been to a luau and wanted very badly to do this one,

Out of everything else we booked, I am most psyched for Galaxy’s Edge. The website was glitching out badly and not letting me see anything past 5/1 for Savi’s and the Droid Depot even though we check in to Poly on 5/2, so after I booked on the phone for the patio, I asked the CM and she was able to get me to someone at Guest Services who booked them both for us on May the 4th! What an awesome birthday trip this is gonna be!

Today was our ADR day for next May and everything went great. On arrival day we have a full day at the Oasis pool, since we’re coming in very early and our room likely won’t be ready yet. That night we’ll be seeing Spirit of Aloha for the first time also! I know it gets mixed reviews but my gf has never been to a luau and wanted very badly to do this one,

Out of everything else we booked, I am most psyched for Galaxy’s Edge. The website was glitching out badly and not letting me see anything past 5/1 for Savi’s and the Droid Depot even though we check in to Poly on 5/2, so after I booked on the phone for the patio, I asked the CM and she was able to get me to someone at Guest Services who booked them both for us on May the 4th! What an awesome birthday trip this is gonna be!
Awesome!!!

We were there the 12th through the 19th and it was unseasonably hot, around high 80s to low 90s. Crowds tend to be a little high due to Food & Wine, British holiday and fall breaks for some states.

I booked a last-minute 3-day solo trip beginning Dec. 15th. I was originally booked at Yacht Club, but after doing Fast Passes and some dining, decided being closer to Magic Kingdom made more sense. SO, I am at the POLY for my first stay there!!

I am staying Standard View (we're CL with 23 at the GF on Jan. 2nd) -I put in room requests for either Fiji or Aotearoa with the primary desire being a balcony (for morning coffee).

What's your favorite things about the Poly?

A Lapu Lapu from the Tambu Lounge while sitting on the beach watching fireworks. 🍍 🎆

I have a Fireworks Dessert Party booked for the only HEA while I'm there and was trying to figure out how to watch Minnie's Christmas Fireworks - this will be perfect!

I haven't looked at Poly before because DH lived in Hawaii when he was in the Navy and it doesn't appeal to him - so a solo trip is a great way to experience it!!

I have a Fireworks Dessert Party booked for the only HEA while I'm there and was trying to figure out how to watch Minnie's Christmas Fireworks - this will be perfect!

I haven't looked at Poly before because DH lived in Hawaii when he was in the Navy and it doesn't appeal to him - so a solo trip is a great way to experience it!!

Ohh... special fireworks from the Poly beach are very nice too. I just watched the MNSSHP fireworks from Poly the other night. Audio was about the best I've heard in years (but don't go too far out on the beach as you loose sound quickly). MVMCP fireworks are at 10pm, in case you didn't know.

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts