Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much!! That picture was from last year’s 4th of July celebration. I was actually there as well both days, but was curious to know if anything changed this 4th of July! I appreciate your help!!

Ahhh. Missed what you were looking for exactly. Hopefully someone will have a pic from this year.

Can someone please tell me, which buildings are the standard DVC studios located? Also, if booking a standard view studio, which building is best location-wise in regards to the Oasis pool and GCH? We’d prefer to be closer to those instead of the TTC. Thank you!
We stayed 1st floor in Tokelau last week and it's our new favorite building! It's close enough to everything, including both pools, and we especially liked the proximity to the TTC and the buses for days when we weren't visiting MK.

Just watched Pete's walk through of the Poly and he mentioned that there really isn't a lot of logo DVC merch. Can anyone confirm what specifically there is? On the DVC website you can get Poly shirts and we were planning to buy some there. However if there aren't any we might have to stick to online.

Just watched Pete's walk through of the Poly and he mentioned that there really isn't a lot of logo DVC merch. Can anyone confirm what specifically there is? On the DVC website you can get Poly shirts and we were planning to buy some there. However if there aren't any we might have to stick to online.
I watched the video earlier and I think Pete meant there isn't a lot of general Poly logo merchandise (which I can confirm in general) AND there isn't a lot of DVC merchandise at the blended cash/DVC resorts. You will not find those custom shirts sold online at ShopDisney in the parks. Poly has a mug, ornament, magnet, pin, journal, shot glass, adult hoodie, t-shirt for all genders/ages, and dress for women/girls and button down shirt for men/boys that coordinate. The individual items may or may not be in stock. It took me a few trips to pick up the new ornament. As for DVC, OKW and SSR tend to have the most merchandise because they are 100% DVC resorts. You will find bits and pieces around property. DVC is also launching a new line of merchandise that includes DRR which has been trickling into all resort shops. Only very few resorts actually have DVC merchandise with the actual resort name on it. I've seen mostly Nike golf polos with the resort names at BC, OKW, SSR, and now DRR because it is actively being sold.

I watched the video earlier and I think Pete meant there isn't a lot of general Poly logo merchandise (which I can confirm in general) AND there isn't a lot of DVC merchandise at the blended cash/DVC resorts. You will not find those custom shirts sold online at ShopDisney in the parks. Poly has a mug, ornament, magnet, pin, journal, shot glass, adult hoodie, t-shirt for all genders/ages, and dress for women/girls and button down shirt for men/boys that coordinate. The individual items may or may not be in stock. It took me a few trips to pick up the new ornament. As for DVC, OKW and SSR tend to have the most merchandise because they are 100% DVC resorts. You will find bits and pieces around property. DVC is also launching a new line of merchandise that includes DRR which has been trickling into all resort shops. Only very few resorts actually have DVC merchandise with the actual resort name on it. I've seen mostly Nike golf polos with the resort names at BC, OKW, SSR, and now DRR because it is actively being sold.

Wow thanks for all the information!! That is good to know that the shirts aren't sold in the parks, gives me a reason to start pestering my DH :p I don't plan to go souvenir crazy but I was excited to at least have a decent selection to choose from. Yeah I have seen the Nike golf polos as well but not my particular style. Hopefully I will still be able to find something memorable! Thanks again!

We stayed 1st floor in Tokelau last week and it's our new favorite building! It's close enough to everything, including both pools, and we especially liked the proximity to the TTC and the buses for days when we weren't visiting MK.

@disny_luvr - I agree with above. Tokelau is centrally located, directly next to the quiet pool and laundry. I honestly didn’t feel like any of the DVC buildings were an excessive walk by any means. We loved the DVC rooms. Have a great time!

(view from our room)
A089B548-2283-41A4-99D7-1E39F07FA9C2.jpeg

They give me the recipe, and I'll cook it myself. I just want those noodles.
The recipe is online so you can cook away anytime you'd like!😎👍👍

Staying at the Poly for the first time in December in a standard room. Can anyone recommend a longhouse that has a nice standard view with a balcony? Thanks!

You HONESTLY cant go wrong with any of the Longhouses, but we Love Rarotonga, N facing. Fiji is lovely as is Niue W facing. :) This year we had 2nd look and really didn't miss the balcony. You can't see over the raining when sitting unless you are rather tall and in MAY, FL has the fly around little bug a boos in vast abundance so we wouldn't have sat on balcony anyway.

in MAY, FL has the fly around little bug a boos in vast abundance so we wouldn't have sat on balcony anyway.
That is one of the two times the love bugs are in "Flight" aka swarming everywhere each year. They usually start the last week of April and they end sometime in May but often into early June (first week). If they get off to a late start and miss the end of April. The average duration is about 4 weeks. The second "Flight" is in September.

Dave

We arrive for our first Disney family vacation in just over a week. I have a few questions about the DVC rooms:
1. Is it possible to get a bed rail and use the sofa bed (not pulled out) as more of a twin size bed for a petite toddler? My two kids (5 & 2) will definitely fight/take turns using the cool murphy style bed and I would love not to have the sofa pulled out all the time.

2. Is the bed high enough to store empty suitcases under?

3. Is the closet deep enough for a carseat? Unfortunately we need it for a trip to the resort from grandmas.

4. Is possible to keep uncrustables frozen in the mini fridge? I want to stock it with some staples for the week.
Thank you!

We arrive for our first Disney family vacation in just over a week. I have a few questions about the DVC rooms:
1. Is it possible to get a bed rail and use the sofa bed (not pulled out) as more of a twin size bed for a petite toddler? My two kids (5 & 2) will definitely fight/take turns using the cool murphy style bed and I would love not to have the sofa pulled out all the time.

2. Is the bed high enough to store empty suitcases under?

3. Is the closet deep enough for a carseat? Unfortunately we need it for a trip to the resort from grandmas.

4. Is possible to keep uncrustables frozen in the mini fridge? I want to stock it with some staples for the week.
Thank you!

Have a great time! We just stayed in Tokelau 2 weeks ago and I can answer 2-4 (sorry can't help with number 1).

2- The bed has drawers on the bottom near the headboard so there is only space at the end to slide suitcases under. Depending on size and how many you have you can fit some there. We kept our carry-ons there and the full size ones in the closet.

3- The closet should have enough room to store a carseat.

4 - The fridge did not have a freezer compartment (we have had the mini freezer compartment in other DVC studios but not this time), and took a LONG time to chill the drinks we ordered from Garden Grocer so I would not count on getting a fridge with a freezer compartment or the fridge keeping them frozen.

Hi everyone! Can anyone confirm that the hula lessons in the lobby and torch lighting ceremony have been discontinued? They're no longer mentioned in the hotel activities guide. I wasn't sure if that meant they've both been discontinued or not. TIA!

Is anyone currently there who can report on how early (and reliably) buses are running to EEMH at HS and AK? Will be arriving on 9/21! Thanks!

Just returned from 5 nights at the Poly. It was our first time staying there and was on our list to try for a long time. We’ve exclusively stayed at the BWV since 2007. While the Poly is a beautiful resort it just wasn’t for us and next year we’ll be back at the BWV.

A few thoughts and observations:

Everyone was right about Tokelau. If you’re DVC it is the building to stay in. Close to everything. We were in 3905 overlooking the Oasis pool. If we looked right off the balcony we could see the castle and some fireworks.

If you want to see the electric light parade or fireworks from the beach get there early. It gets really crowded.

Outdoor lighting is horrendous. It was especially darker leaving in the mornings for EMH. It was easy to get disoriented and take the wrong path because it was so dark.

Blatantly obvious pool hopping at both the Lava and Oasis pools was completely ignored by the lifeguards at the lava pool and CM’s at the Oasis pool. So many people dressed with bags, would stand by the gates until someone entered or left and then head directly to the changing rooms and come out in bathing suits.

The GCH at night was chaotic. We knew this going in but were a little shocked to witness it firsthand.

The CM’s at the Poly just don’t seem as warm and friendly as at the other resorts.

Captain Cooks was really good. Great food and portions for the price.

If you get a chance rent one of the Oasis Patios. We did a half day 10-2 and it was awesome. So relaxing and comfortable out of the sun. I wish all the resorts had these to offer.

If you want the best burger on Disney property try the one in the Kona Cafe. We weren’t going to eat there after the menu change but were too tired to go anywhere else. The burger was huge and delicious and cooked perfect.

As a lot of people say to each there own. While the Poly is a beautiful resort it just wasn’t for us.

Just returned from 5 nights at the Poly. It was our first time staying there and was on our list to try for a long time. We’ve exclusively stayed at the BWV since 2007. While the Poly is a beautiful resort it just wasn’t for us and next year we’ll be back at the BWV.

A few thoughts and observations:

Everyone was right about Tokelau. If you’re DVC it is the building to stay in. Close to everything. We were in 3905 overlooking the Oasis pool. If we looked right off the balcony we could see the castle and some fireworks.

If you want to see the electric light parade or fireworks from the beach get there early. It gets really crowded.

Outdoor lighting is horrendous. It was especially darker leaving in the mornings for EMH. It was easy to get disoriented and take the wrong path because it was so dark.

Blatantly obvious pool hopping at both the Lava and Oasis pools was completely ignored by the lifeguards at the lava pool and CM’s at the Oasis pool. So many people dressed with bags, would stand by the gates until someone entered or left and then head directly to the changing rooms and come out in bathing suits.

The GCH at night was chaotic. We knew this going in but were a little shocked to witness it firsthand.

The CM’s at the Poly just don’t seem as warm and friendly as at the other resorts.

Captain Cooks was really good. Great food and portions for the price.

If you get a chance rent one of the Oasis Patios. We did a half day 10-2 and it was awesome. So relaxing and comfortable out of the sun. I wish all the resorts had these to offer.

If you want the best burger on Disney property try the one in the Kona Cafe. We weren’t going to eat there after the menu change but were too tired to go anywhere else. The burger was huge and delicious and cooked perfect.

As a lot of people say to each there own. While the Poly is a beautiful resort it just wasn’t for us.
It really bothers me that pool hopping is allowed. Last July, the only days that we got chairs to sit on at the Oasis Pool were the two days we had the Patio. Forget the Lava Pool. DD went down the slide once and gave up trying to swim there because it was overcrowded. If the CM’s enforced the rules, I doubt that it would be as bad as it is.

At the Disneyland Hotel, two CM’s monitored each entrance of the pool. It was still crowded but that’s because the monorail pool was under construction. Why can’t WDW do the same as Disneyland and keep non-hotel guests out?

Is Captain Cook’s open and taking mobile orders? Getting a weird message on the app saying it is closed. Wanted to check before I left MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter