Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info! I thought they were set in stone, but I think you're probably right about the King situation. Rarotonga seems like a great option. If we end up on the parking lot side, do we see a lot of parking lot, or does greenery block the cars out?
Like GADisneyDad14 and Lsdolphin noted you won't see much if any of the parking lot in fact I don't recall seeing any of it when we stayed there. It was mostly greenery and small view of a sort of underpass for pedestrians and mini maintenance vehicles. The walkers seemed to be hotel workers and guests from Shades of Green. We didn't have a king bed but the 2 double or queen beds fit our needs. Using Tikiman's pages, we stayed in 3829, had a terrace as all 3rd floor rooms (none on the 2nd floor) do, and there are a few king beds in the longhouse.

Like GADisneyDad14 and Lsdolphin noted you won't see much if any of the parking lot in fact I don't recall seeing any of it when we stayed there. It was mostly greenery and small view of a sort of underpass for pedestrians and mini maintenance vehicles. The walkers seemed to be hotel workers and guests from Shades of Green. We didn't have a king bed but the 2 double or queen beds fit our needs. Using Tikiman's pages, we stayed in 3829, had a terrace as all 3rd floor rooms (none on the 2nd floor) do, and there are a few king beds in the longhouse.

Actually all 3rd floor rooms have a balcony and 1st floor rooms have terraces/patios.

Actually all 3rd floor rooms have a balcony and 1st floor rooms have terraces/patios.

Yes, agreed and isn't it great we all recall the hotel so well? Must of made a good impression:). I never really thought of a terrace only being on the ground but maybe it's a regionalism. In my part of the country a balcony or terrace are synonyms BUT you could have a terrace or patio on the ground level as well. Never thought about how changeable the word is before.

Thanks for the info everyone! Rarotonga will be where I put my request in for.

I'm so excited for this trip :)!

Chiming in to say you’ll love it. We stayed on that side of Rarotonga last October (we were in room 3819) and made a game of calling out the monorail colors whenever one passed by. :) Unless you’re really looking closely, the landscaping does a great job of hiding the parking lot.

You also can’t beat the location. If you go out the back stairs it puts you practically on top of the bus stop and the path that goes to the TTC. Go out the front way and you’re literally right at the GCH. Super convenient to both pools too. We loved it.

In my part of the country a balcony or terrace are synonyms BUT you could have a terrace or patio on the ground level as well. Never thought about how changeable the word is before.

Lol, I recall being ‘corrected’ on this thread a long time ago when I said “first and third floors have balconies.” Always seemed to me that word could be used to describe both (if not just for simplicity), but the poster noted first floor was a ‘patio’, not a ‘balcony.’

So from then on I’ve tended to type out “first floor has patios, third floor has balconies” when I answer a question on the topic.... but inside I really just want to write “first/third have balconies.” :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Hi all! I'm new here :)

My trip/Poly stay is in just 9 days! We're celebrating my college graduation. This will be my fifth WDW visit, but first time in a Deluxe. We have two standard view rooms, one with a King bed. What would y'all suggest for room requests? Hoping to avoid parking lot view and score either a patio or balcony. Being close to a pool would be ideal for location.

Welcome to the Dis :welcome:

Congratulations on your graduation! You will love the Poly! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

My trip is getting ever closer! It does leave me with a touch of oddball questions as it draws nearer...
I've always stayed at Value resorts, a smattering of Moderates through the years. I haven't had to pack many hair and body toiletries given that the Value rooms now have wall pumps in the shower for shampoo/conditioner/body wash. Is this the same for the Poly? I'm beginning to write my packing lists out for myself, and I've been curious. Anyone there recently? I'd appreciate the help!

My trip is getting ever closer! It does leave me with a touch of oddball questions as it draws nearer...
I've always stayed at Value resorts, a smattering of Moderates through the years. I haven't had to pack many hair and body toiletries given that the Value rooms now have wall pumps in the shower for shampoo/conditioner/body wash. Is this the same for the Poly? I'm beginning to write my packing lists out for myself, and I've been curious. Anyone there recently? I'd appreciate the help!

Unless changed very recently, Poly has yet to move to the wall mount stuff yet, it’s still individual bottles.

If you need extra bottles of anything if what’s in the room isn’t enough, just call the Housekeeping line on the phone.

Enjoy your trip!

In 26 days we will be returning to the Poly after three years for a family trip with two families and three grandchildren. It will be the first visit for our 7 year old grandson and I’m trying to make it magical. His favorite character is Stitch so we are going to order a specialty cake and celebrate his birthday. Can you order the Twlight Fest and have it served by the pool? Could the cake be delivered there also? Also, do the gift shops have a good selection of Stitch merchandise. Lookin for a tee shirt and beach towel for him. Couldn’t find anything on shopDisney. I don’t want a girlie Stitch towel for him. Hopefully someone has experience in these areas or can direct me to the right person to ask.

In 26 days we will be returning to the Poly after three years for a family trip with two families and three grandchildren. It will be the first visit for our 7 year old grandson and I’m trying to make it magical. His favorite character is Stitch so we are going to order a specialty cake and celebrate his birthday. Can you order the Twlight Fest and have it served by the pool? Could the cake be delivered there also? Also, do the gift shops have a good selection of Stitch merchandise. Lookin for a tee shirt and beach towel for him. Couldn’t find anything on shopDisney. I don’t want a girlie Stitch towel for him. Hopefully someone has experience in these areas or can direct me to the right person to ask.

When Poly first started renting out the cabanas at the big pool we were told over the phone that we could have room service deliver the Twilight Feast to our spot; didn't happen so we made alternative plans that worked out well.
Maybe it was a new service and all the kinks hadn't been worked out yet. Maybe the room service schedule and cabana hours weren't synced. Whatever the reason you should call and see if your dreams can be accomplished.

As for Stitch merchandise that you feel has a more masculine design? I'd check at the various Disney online sites (there is more than one) as well as the department stores with franchised goods. They have way more options then the resort stores. This I know from searching for an Pandora hoodie one Christmas.
HTH.

And the campfire/marshmallows too. LAME Disney....

I need to go back and check old rec calendars to confirm this, but my “feeling” is over time they’ve been chipping away at some of this stuff.

Not convenient, but you can always walk over to GF for a movie night fix if they are playing anything of interest. They have a better movie and campfire schedule than Poly at the moment.
I had the same feelings when I looked at the rec calendar and thought back to previous trips, even at mods. Lame.

I had the same feelings when I looked at the rec calendar and thought back to previous trips, even at mods. Lame.
So looks like the movies on only Friday & Saturday just started in March. January & February at least had Friday-Sunday movies.

Before that October thru December 2018 had movies on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday night.

September 2018 had movies every night!

August 2018 was Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday.

July, June and May 2018 were Thursday-Saturday.

So, down a night from this time last year. Curious to see how the summer goes.

So looks like the movies on only Friday & Saturday just started in March. January & February at least had Friday-Sunday movies.

Before that October thru December 2018 had movies on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday night.

September 2018 had movies every night!

August 2018 was Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday.

July, June and May 2018 were Thursday-Saturday.

So, down a night from this time last year. Curious to see how the summer goes.

Ha, thanks for doing the research.

I’m still not over the move from the beach to the fake grass by Capt Cooks.

Some of our most pure/original Poly memories are sitting out on the sand watching those moves.

I will concede the good reasons why it was moved which I totally respect, but they still hold a fond place in our memories.

Ha, thanks for doing the research.

I’m still not over the move from the beach to the fake grass by Capt Cooks.

Some of our most pure/original Poly memories are sitting out on the sand watching those moves.

I will concede the good reasons why it was moved which I totally respect, but they still hold a fond place in our memories.
Totally feel you. Our very first time at WDW we stayed at AKL. We stumbled across the movie under the stars showing of Moana and for whatever reason, it was just so darn magical. I was excited to share this with my extended family during our Poly stay but we are there Sunday-Friday so it may not happen. Hence the research :laughing: :blush: which honestly took all of five minutes!

Totally feel you. Our very first time at WDW we stayed at AKL. We stumbled across the movie under the stars showing of Moana and for whatever reason, it was just so darn magical. I was excited to share this with my extended family during our Poly stay but we are there Sunday-Friday so it may not happen. Hence the research :laughing: :blush: which honestly took all of five minutes!
We timed it at our last stay to go right after our Ohana dinner, and it was perfect. Although the beach does sound better. We’re staying Sunday-Saturday but plan to do MNSSHP on Friday so looks like we may miss movie night if this schedule remains.

Sounds like a fun trip! I don't have experience with the twilight feast or cake ordering, but wanted to say I hope everyone has a great time :wizard:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter