Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are a DVC member you can email Member Services with your request. If you are renting you can ask the owner to email in the request for you. If you are renting with someone like David's (www.dvcrequest.com) they can help you with room requests.
I'm not a DVC member, and I am not renting points. I just booked directly with Disney on the website, so it looks like I will have to call or fax.

Would you mind sharing how to do this??

It was HEA which I happen to have saved on my phone (because I am cool like that) and I just went like 60 seconds in or whatever seemed to match the show at the time and it worked out pretty well. If I couldn't bring it up fast enough, I would have went to YouTube.

I had to do this summer'ish 2017 (I think) when Poly was having a rough patch of show audio. I somehow nailed the timing with a couple of clicks on YouTube and it worked incredibly well. I tried one other time (not HEA, but one of the special 12/31 shows) and I could never get it right. Bumbled with my dumb phone half the show! Doh!

I'm wondering, other than the beach or pool, are there any less crowded spots to watch the fireworks? My oldest two are 7 and 4, and have only ever seen fireworks once in person, so even if they can't get the full view they won't know the difference. DD doesn't do well in crowds. How crowded do the beaches get? We are going in 2 weeks. Thanks!

On a typical night, the crowd on the main beach area for fireworks viewing is not going to be particularly large. Yes, there will be plenty of people around - but it's not overwhelming in my opinion.

Everyone likes to crowd in a little sliver of beach the provides a view corridor between the end bungalow and an island in the middle of the lagoon as that's the most direct area with the castle in view. The zone is roughly between the yellow lines below. If you get to the left of this zone, the island blocks your direct view of the castle (just barely) but you can still see plenty of fireworks. The audio is actually better the closer you get to the boat dock, so it's not a bad spot.

But the beach area is plenty big and easy enough to move around if you don't like your view, the audio, or crowds on your night. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Poly Blank Aerial.jpg

I did it through Touringplans.com. They are the people that write the unofficial guide.
I do have a Touringplans.com subscription, so maybe it would be best to just do it through them. Is it better to request early, or wait until closer to trip? Does it make any difference? Trip isn't until second week of June.

I do have a Touringplans.com subscription, so maybe it would be best to just do it through them. Is it better to request early, or wait until closer to trip? Does it make any difference? Trip isn't until second week of June.
You can put the request in now! Touring Plans will automatically attempt to fax the request starting 5 days prior to arrival. You can change the request as many times as you would like prior to Touring Plans sending the fax.

Touring Plans will also notify you on your dashboard and send e-mails reminding you to fill out the request, when the fax will be attempted, and if its been successfully sent.

On a typical night, the crowd on the main beach area for fireworks viewing is not going to be particularly large. Yes, there will be plenty of people around - but it's not overwhelming in my opinion.

Everyone likes to crowd in a little sliver of beach the provides a view corridor between the end bungalow and an island in the middle of the lagoon as that's the most direct area with the castle in view. The zone is roughly between the yellow lines below. If you get to the left of this zone, the island blocks your direct view of the castle (just barely) but you can still see plenty of fireworks. The audio is actually better the closer you get to the boat dock, so it's not a bad spot.

But the beach area is plenty big and easy enough to move around if you don't like your view, the audio, or crowds on your night. Hope you enjoy your trip.

View attachment 375815

Great! Thanks everyone. They'll be so excited no matter what. 10 more days!

It worked for me on my last trip in 2015. Got exactly where I asked.

Hi everyone! My DH, DS8, DS10 and I are excited to be planning a trip to WDW in early August. On Disney's website with the fun and sun discount, we noticed that the difference between a DVC studio Villa and a standard view room is only $10 per night. Does anyone have any thoughts on the pros and cons of each room type? I'm having a hard time deciding between them. We'd be staying 6 nights. Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone! My DH, DS8, DS10 and I are excited to be planning a trip to WDW in early August. On Disney's website with the fun and sun discount, we noticed that the difference between a DVC studio Villa and a standard view room is only $10 per night. Does anyone have any thoughts on the pros and cons of each room type? I'm having a hard time deciding between them. We'd be staying 6 nights. Thanks in advance!
The standard room probably has two queen size beds and possibly a day bed. The DVC Studio has one queen size bed, a sleeper sofa and a day bed. The really cool thing about the DVC studio is they have one full bathroom and another one with a shower and sink only. Yes, two showers :cool1:.

I debated on the same, also with 2 kids (but younger). Decided regular room way to go. Studio has less living space plus not a real second bed, which isn't comfy enough for larger people or for many nights. Plus with regular room you get 2 full beds AND a couch, DVC you only get one full bed and one pull out couch (which you lose when they need to sleep).

Different preferences for different folks (and in full disclosure we have not actually stayed in a Villa room at Poly), but we're a family of four and have a strong preference for the 2 dedicated sleeping surfaces in the Resort-side rooms. The idea of re-arranging the room/folding up/down a bed every day has just never seemed that exciting for our style. I guess the bathroom arrangement of the Villas may be more appealing as mine get older, but so far we do just fine in normal resort single bathrooms.

We stayed in a standard room last July and weren’t overly impressed. We toured a DVC studio and loved it. Decor felt brighter and room felt newer in general. Plus you’re guaranteed a patio or balcony. We have a large group going this summer and felt the two bathrooms were best for us so we booked via DVC but honestly hope the pull out beds don’t cause an issue!

We've never stayed in any of the villas, but like GADisneyDad and Childs1stTime2Disney, we prefer a regular room with 2 queens and a daybed. Having 2 actual beds is a must for us.

The standard room probably has two queen size beds and possibly a day bed. The DVC Studio has one queen size bed, a sleeper sofa and a day bed. The really cool thing about the DVC studio is they have one full bathroom and another one with a shower and sink only. Yes, two showers :cool1:.
Two showers would be nice...

We've never stayed in any of the villas, but like GADisneyDad and Childs1stTime2Disney, we prefer a regular room with 2 queens and a daybed. Having 2 actual beds is a must for us.
All of you have excellent points. My DH and I will be weighing the pros and cons of both rooms. It's a hard decision, but the kind of problem I don't mind having. Thanks for the input, everyone!

All of you have excellent points. My DH and I will be weighing the pros and cons of both rooms. It's a hard decision, but the kind of problem I don't mind having. Thanks for the input, everyone!

We stayed at a studio this past April (two kids 9 and 7) and one thing that annoyed my wife and I was the lack of storage space. There are two underbed drawers, a couple of small drawers under the sink in the second (i.e. shower) bathroom, and the coffee table opens the top and that's it. I kept my stuff in the table and it was a minor inconvenience to have to clear off the stuff we'd have on the top of the table to have to get to my clothes. We never saw the standard rooms but, looking online, there does appear to have more easily-accessible drawers and storage than the studios.

Also the bathroom with the tub in it was huge, but really open. I think it would have made more sense to make that room a little bit smaller and added a dresser or something somewhere.

We still had a great time but the layout wasn't as ideal as we had hoped. Even still this was the most enjoyable Disney vacation we've had (our 3rd trip) and the Poly was a major reason why. Its so convenient to the MK and even to Epcot.

Both room types have their pros/cons, it's just a matter of what you prefer and what works best for your family. I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter which room type you choose :goodvibes.

We still had a great time but the layout wasn't as ideal as we had hoped. Even still this was the most enjoyable Disney vacation we've had (our 3rd trip) and the Poly was a major reason why. Its so convenient to the MK and even to Epcot.

Glad you had a great trip. The Poly is our favorite resort for many reasons, with the convenience to MK and Epcot being one of them ;).

I originally booked a Marina/pool view room but I wanted to add a day to my reservation. By switching to the studio, I was able to add an extra day to our trip for less than $200. We have dining but it was still a decent savings over keeping the Marina/pool view. I talked to my boys to make sure they were okay with sleeping on the pullout and day bed. They both okay with it. The older one has always slept on the pullout in the past at the GF and BC. He knows what to expect. The younger one slept in a pullout at Boulder Ridge. Granted they were still kids then. Now they are fully grown (18 and 22). They both liked the second shower. My younger son told me that we should be able to get to the parks earlier, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter