Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you had an awesome trip!:banana: We had fabulous sunny weather and a Great trip, 2 nights Poly, 4th time at Poly, 3 nights BLT first time! We have always stayed st Tokelau previously, but we got assigned to Morea this time even though request was in there 2 months in advance. Morea was fine, prefer Tokeleau, closer to Great Ceremonial House in morning to relax in lobby with my coffee, people watch.:cheer2::goodvibes Felt blessed to spend my birthday at WDW!:wave:::yes::
One of these days I'm going to spend my birthday at WDW.....maybe my 60th! I have 3.5 years to work on that one! :)

Hope you had an awesome trip!:banana: We had fabulous sunny weather and a Great trip, 2 nights Poly, 4th time at Poly, 3 nights BLT first time! We have always stayed st Tokelau previously, but we got assigned to Morea this time even though request was in there 2 months in advance. Morea was fine, prefer Tokeleau, closer to Great Ceremonial House in morning to relax in lobby with my coffee, people watch.:cheer2::goodvibes Felt blessed to spend my birthday at WDW!:wave:::yes::

It was an amazing trip and I had a great time, thanks :). Took my 6 yo niece and we had a blast. Her mom & dad took her 3 years ago and while she remembers being there, she doesn't really remember details as she was only 3. But this trip she will definitely remember! Working on dates to take her back as we had so much fun :goodvibes.

Glad to hear you had an awesome trip as well! The Poly is so amazing that it's hard not to love everything about it! Sorry about the building assignment, but glad you enjoyed it overall. Hope you had a nice stay at BLT :wizard:.

How exciting to spend your birthday at Disney! I was never able to to do that as mine is middle of August, which was always around the time my kids started back to school. But now that they are young adults and out of school, I may just have to plan a birthday trip for myself ::yes::.

I would hate to be around the cigarette smoke. Where are the designated smoking areas?
I didn’t see a anyone there on this trip, but a past trip 2 years ago, saw someone smoking on a bench outside Captain Cooks, not in the eating area, but outside on a bench when you come out of lobby toward pool sort of. Does anyone know if this is a smoking area?:confused:

I didn’t see a anyone there on this trip, but a past trip 2 years ago, saw someone smoking on a bench outside Captain Cooks, not in the eating area, but outside on a bench when you come out of lobby toward pool sort of. Does anyone know if this is a smoking area?:confused:
That used to be the smoking area but they moved it to the side of the CH closer to valet now. There is also one outside the pool area by Tokelau.

Christmas mugs are here! I forgot to get my mug before the Halloween party so we stopped at Capt Cooks around midnight and the CM said they just put them out.

I hope they are there in 5 days! I’m seeing posts of them all over the resorts (values to deluxe) so here is hoping they ordered more than Halloween mugs.

Disney missed the mark on the demand for Halloween mugso_OWas hoping for a Halloween mug last week, was told by several CMs none left.

For sure they did! I was disappointed I wasn't able to get one :(.

lucikily I didn’t run into smokers!::yes::

Come to think of it, I didn't either. I'm not a smoker so didn't pay attention to where the designated areas were, but I don't recall seeing any smokers the 6 days we were there ;).

We were in Rarotonga and when we used the entrance by the GCH I sometimes smelled smoke so that must be the smoking area. We never needed to linger there so it wasnt a bother.

It was an amazing trip and I had a great time, thanks :). Took my 6 yo niece and we had a blast. Her mom & dad took her 3 years ago and while she remembers being there, she doesn't really remember details as she was only 3. But this trip she will definitely remember! Working on dates to take her back as we had so much fun :goodvibes.

Glad to hear you had an awesome trip as well! The Poly is so amazing that it's hard not to love everything about it! Sorry about the building assignment, but glad you enjoyed it overall. Hope you had a nice stay at BLT :wizard:.

How exciting to spend your birthday at Disney! I was never able to to do that as mine is middle of August, which was always around the time my kids started back to school. But now that they are young adults and out of school, I may just have to plan a birthday trip for myself ::yes::.
Thank you, we had an amazing trip, weather was gorgeous sunny, we love both Poly and BLT. My birthday spent the 80 degree sunny day at the BLT and Contemporary pools, no parks that day. Headed over to Disney Springs for my incredible Boathouse dinner, DH had the scallops, I had one of the most delicious filets I ever had! We finished our meal with this awesome Signature Smotes Baked Alaska,MASSIVE ice cream dessert(they say for 2 people)with the most delicious graham cracker crust, truly could be shared by 4 people! We were so stuffed, finished the evening Top of the World pixiedust::yay:So nice to take a niece with you! I love to see Disney through the eyes of a child!:woohoo:Always wonderful, cant wait at the right time for newly married DS and DIL to have their first little one!::yes::

Can anyone comment on what time I could reasonably expect to have a DVC rental room ready at the Poly? I haven't decided yet on requests, though 3rd floor is the only one that seems like a maybe to me. All the DVC units seem reasonably close to the GCH and transportation at Poly. I thought 3rd floor balcony might be nice for coffee in the morning, but isn't a necessity for me. If I have no requests, when do you think a room would ready? I believe check in isn't until 4:00. We will get to the resort around noon on Magical Express. I figure we will need an hour for lunch, which puts us at 1:00. We plan to head to MK around 4:00. Would love to be able to get a few things settled in our room before then. I know we can leave our carryons with bell services, if we want to go to MK before our room is ready. Just wondering what other peoples experience has been.

Thank you!

Thank you, we had an amazing trip, weather was gorgeous sunny, we love both Poly and BLT. My birthday spent the 80 degree sunny day at the BLT and Contemporary pools, no parks that day. Headed over to Disney Springs for my incredible Boathouse dinner, DH had the scallops, I had one of the most delicious filets I ever had! We finished our meal with this awesome Signature Smotes Baked Alaska,MASSIVE ice cream dessert(they say for 2 people)with the most delicious graham cracker crust, truly could be shared by 4 people! We were so stuffed, finished the evening Top of the World pixiedust::yay:So nice to take a niece with you! I love to see Disney through the eyes of a child!:woohoo:Always wonderful, cant wait at the right time for newly married DS and DIL to have their first little one!::yes::
It sounds like an amazing birthday was had!

Regarding seeing Disney through the eyes of a child.....i had my first grandbaby in September and she will be making her Disney debut next Dec at the age of 15 months :)

It sounds like an amazing birthday was had!

Regarding seeing Disney through the eyes of a child.....i had my first grandbaby in September and she will be making her Disney debut next Dec at the age of 15 months :)
CONGRATS to you! How exciting! Hope you enjoy your trip with the little one!:cheer2::goodvibes

:yay: 6 weeks from today, we’ll be settling in for our first Poly stay!

Congrats on your first upcoming Poly stay! The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Have a great trip :jumping1:

Three weeks from today we will be flying to Orlando for our first Poly stay. Can't wait!:cool1:

Congrats to you as well on your first Poly stay! I love trying new resorts, but the Poly is my favorite! Hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly :banana: :banana:

Thank you, we had an amazing trip, weather was gorgeous sunny, we love both Poly and BLT. My birthday spent the 80 degree sunny day at the BLT and Contemporary pools, no parks that day. Headed over to Disney Springs for my incredible Boathouse dinner, DH had the scallops, I had one of the most delicious filets I ever had! We finished our meal with this awesome Signature Smotes Baked Alaska,MASSIVE ice cream dessert(they say for 2 people)with the most delicious graham cracker crust, truly could be shared by 4 people! We were so stuffed, finished the evening Top of the World pixiedust::yay:

Sounds like you had an amazing birthday! I ate at Boathouse for the first time this past June and also had the filet.....have to agree with you that it was very delicious!! That dessert sounds great, looks like I'll have to go back on my next trip to try it. Glad you had a great birthday trip :goodvibes.

So nice to take a niece with you! I love to see Disney through the eyes of a child!:woohoo:Always wonderful, cant wait at the right time for newly married DS and DIL to have their first little one!::yes::

It was very nice and alot of fun taking my niece. I have boys who are now young adults (23 & 25) and while it was always a great time and very magical watching them grow up at Disney over the years, it's so different with a little girl. I had the best time and can't wait to take her back! I hope sometime soon you have a little grand baby to spoil at Disney....what fun that will be!! :wizard:

Can anyone comment on what time I could reasonably expect to have a DVC rental room ready at the Poly? I haven't decided yet on requests, though 3rd floor is the only one that seems like a maybe to me. All the DVC units seem reasonably close to the GCH and transportation at Poly. I thought 3rd floor balcony might be nice for coffee in the morning, but isn't a necessity for me. If I have no requests, when do you think a room would ready? I believe check in isn't until 4:00. We will get to the resort around noon on Magical Express. I figure we will need an hour for lunch, which puts us at 1:00. We plan to head to MK around 4:00. Would love to be able to get a few things settled in our room before then. I know we can leave our carryons with bell services, if we want to go to MK before our room is ready. Just wondering what other peoples experience has been.

Thank you!

I've never stayed in DVC so can't comment from experience, but not having requests could help with a room being ready sooner. With that said, DVC might work a little different than regular rooms as far as room ready availability, but I'm not sure. Hopefully others with DVC experience will chime in :flower3:.

How exciting! Enjoy the planning....hope you have a great trip next December :wizard:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter