Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aloha!! After a great flight I am splitting an order of Thai coconut meatballs at Capt Cook’s with the love of my life!! This is a childhood dream and I’m totally in love with this place already!

Thank you to everyone who talked up Rarotonga, we got exactly what we requested and it’s such a convenient location already.

Aloha!! After a great flight I am splitting an order of Thai coconut meatballs at Capt Cook’s with the love of my life!! This is a childhood dream and I’m totally in love with this place already!

Thank you to everyone who talked up Rarotonga, we got exactly what we requested and it’s such a convenient location already.

Glad your requests were met and you got just what you wanted! Have a great time and enjoy the Poly :wizard:.

Bring the car seat! Makes plane travel on long haul trips so much easier!

This. I've never actually flown with kids before, and my situation is a bit different with 4, but having a place I know they can be contained and is familiar to them is worth it in my opinion! We'd move faster through the airport, and it gives my arms a break on the plane and the ability to take a drink or eat a snack!

thanks to you both :) adding your thoughts to our pro/con list.

For some reason which must make sense to them, Disney has kept the monorail on the "refurbishment" schedule for what seems like forever now, so it still shows up on that DIS page. There was a time several years ago where "modified service" was more common / a daily occurrence (when they were installing some sort of automation upgrade), but that hasn't been the case for awhile now. In my opinion it is likely it was closed for mechanical reasons (which aren't all that common but definitely do happen).

Thanks for clarifying! :thanks:

Need help fast...is anyone here familiar with the laundry room at the Poly? We left on our 2 day, 16 hour drive this morning and at some point, I realized I forgot to pack pajamas for my son. Because of course I did. I found a Wal Mart and bought some, but I’d like to wash them tomorrow when we get to the Poly. How long do the regular wash and dry cycles take? And can I get a text when they’re done? I’ve never done laundry at Disney before, so this is a new adventure for me. TIA.

Need help fast...is anyone here familiar with the laundry room at the Poly? We left on our 2 day, 16 hour drive this morning and at some point, I realized I forgot to pack pajamas for my son. Because of course I did. I found a Wal Mart and bought some, but I’d like to wash them tomorrow when we get to the Poly. How long do the regular wash and dry cycles take? And can I get a text when they’re done? I’ve never done laundry at Disney before, so this is a new adventure for me. TIA.

We had some trouble with the washers (a bunch of us) not syncing with the charge swipey electronic thing but when they are working I think the wash loads were in the 30 something minute range. The dryers I used dried pretty fast. I had a lot of extra time left over. I'm pretty sure they use HE detergent. There seems to be only one brand there. I don't remember what it was. I brought my own HE Tide Pods.

I didn't get the impression we could get a text when they were done but then again we were having trouble getting them to work in the first place. (That's probably not the norm).

Bring the car seat! Makes plane travel on long haul trips so much easier!
Agreed, when they’re little it gives them a place to be strapped in and helps them relax/sleep. When our son was little we would strap his seat to a car seat transporter (a mini dolly of sorts) and pull him through the airport. So convenient!

No text, but you can view available machines online:

https://www.laundryview.com/home/4215/456961001

My experience each machine is roughly 30 mins.

@mickeynut1 if I’m counting correctly, you should be leaving for the Poly really soon. YOU have a wonderful vacation! pixiedust: :mickeybarparty:

Thanks so much!!! :goodvibes

Yes, we leave Wednesday morning bright and early on the first flight of the day....5:30 am :faint:. Quite a bit earlier than I wanted...lol.....but gets us into MCO at 9:00, so should be to the Poly somewhere around 10:00 :yay:.

Your trip is very soon, too, isn't it?? Aren't you just a day or two behind me??? :)

11 days!!!

You will be checking in before you know it! :jumping1:

Yes, we leave Wednesday morning bright and early on the first flight of the day....5:30 am :faint:. Quite a bit earlier than I wanted...lol.....but gets us into MCO at 9:00, so should be to the Poly somewhere around 10:00

@mickeynut1, I am so happy for you! You are always so kind & encouraging to everyone with your responses. I hope you have a delightful trip! And I look forward to reading all about it!:)

Thanks so much!!! :goodvibes

Yes, we leave Wednesday morning bright and early on the first flight of the day....5:30 am :faint:. Quite a bit earlier than I wanted...lol.....but gets us into MCO at 9:00, so should be to the Poly somewhere around 10:00 :yay:.

Your trip is very soon, too, isn't it?? Aren't you just a day or two behind me??? :)

You will be checking in before you know it! :jumping1:

Have a wonderful trip!!

When I go down in February (staying at AOA that trip as it's just one night before a cruise) my flight is 6:45am (but still the first flight out) and I'm opting to use some Hilton points and stay at a Hampton Inn near LGA so I don't have to be up AS early as I would to get a car from Brooklyn.

Okay, friends: for those who have tried either/both: If you had the choice, would you have dinner at Ohana or order the twilight feast to your room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter