Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the dimensions of the floor space in the shower bathroom? I am trying to determine if my son's toddler bed will fit in there.

Does anyone know if the shaved ice stand is still set up at Poly?

I specifically visited the Poly on our trip this past March just for the shave ice and we walked all over and didn't see it and then ended up asking a CM and she said they don't have it anymore. I was SO bummed!

I specifically visited the Poly on our trip this past March just for the shave ice and we walked all over and didn't see it and then ended up asking a CM and she said they don't have it anymore. I was SO bummed!
Wow, that didn’t last long. We got to try it last July on the first day they opened. It was so good and we were looking forward to it this summer. Bummer!

I keep forgetting to post this but @bluejasmine reminded me. This was my storage solution in a studio last month. I used 2 hanging closet organizers, one for each kid. It worked out really great. Their suitcases fit stacked on top of each other under the organizers. My DH and I each took a drawer in the bed and we stored our suitcases in the open area under the bed. It all worked out really well and I felt very organized!

Attachments

• Poly Studio Storage.JPG
    Poly Studio Storage.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 61
We have our first stay at Poly coming up in August!!! We have not stayed at any of the monorail resorts yet and I was just wondering if it is as crazy to get back to (by monorail or boat) as it is the bus resorts after the Magic Kingdom fireworks? We always say we will wait around and let the masses leave but are always tired when it comes time and try to bolt out of there. Which way is easier at a very busy time?

Congratulations. You are in for such a treat. One of the very best resorts:wizard:

On my last trip in April we took the boat back to the Poly after the fireworks. We waited probably about 15 minutes after the show was over (did the dessert party) and then leisurely walked out and to the boat. We didn't wait too long, maybe 15 minutes. I prefer the boat because you're guaranteed a seat but you may have to stand on the monorail. It's also a very nice ride at night.

This is what I was going to say. And there are usually l-o-n-g lines for the monorail after the f/w, and then you have several stops. If the line isn't too long at the dock, then you can get on, sit down, and enjoy the breezy ride to Gf and then Polynesian. May not always be the fastest choice, but it def. sucks waiting forever for a monorail or racing up the ramp to the station only and just miss it ;)
Good luck.

We are staying at the Poly in July to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We thought briefly about having a vow renewal through Disney’s Weddings on the Poly Beach. We decided against it for two reasons, first, the minimum cost for something small, 4 people total, is $3,500, which for us is a lot after spending $12,000 for our vacation. Second, we really want something more private and intimate within our family without onlookers and an officiant. We thought about gathering the 4 of us on the beach and exchanging vows on our own, but I read somewhere that it would be prohibited. I do not want to break rules or make waves. So I’m thinking about doing it in our room or on the patio.

We already have reservations for two at Narcoossees. I will be wearing a long chiffon dress, and my husband will probably be wearing a dress shirt, slacks, and a tie. I realize that we might stand out since even though Narcoossees is an expensive signature restaurant, people still show up in shorts and t-shirts from the parks. We would go to Victoria an Alberts which is more formal, but we prefer the food and gorgeous views at Narcoossees.

I would love some feedback about my plans. If anyone can help me with ideas of what the Polynesian might offer as far as an Anniversary celebration, I would appreciate it.

Also, does anyone know how far a walk it is from the monorail stop at Grand Floridian to Narcoosees? Would it be closer to take the boat?

We are staying at the Poly in July to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We thought briefly about having a vow renewal through Disney’s Weddings on the Poly Beach. We decided against it for two reasons, first, the minimum cost for something small, 4 people total, is $3,500, which for us is a lot after spending $12,000 for our vacation. Second, we really want something more private and intimate within our family without onlookers and an officiant. We thought about gathering the 4 of us on the beach and exchanging vows on our own, but I read somewhere that it would be prohibited. I do not want to break rules or make waves. So I’m thinking about doing it in our room or on the patio.

We already have reservations for two at Narcoossees. I will be wearing a long chiffon dress, and my husband will probably be wearing a dress shirt, slacks, and a tie. I realize that we might stand out since even though Narcoossees is an expensive signature restaurant, people still show up in shorts and t-shirts from the parks. We would go to Victoria an Alberts which is more formal, but we prefer the food and gorgeous views at Narcoossees.

I would love some feedback about my plans. If anyone can help me with ideas of what the Polynesian might offer as far as an Anniversary celebration, I would appreciate it.

Also, does anyone know how far a walk it is from the monorail stop at Grand Floridian to Narcoosees? Would it be closer to take the boat?

The boat brings you right to Narcoossees!!! The dock is literally next to the restaurant!! Congrats and Enjoy!

Sorry for the crappy picture, but you can see the dock to the left and there’s Narcoossees!

2F2C6FF7-6AD4-4EE7-A5A8-67C057E559CB.jpeg

Last edited:
I just read the last few pages of posts here, as I have a reason to be checking in here again myself. My oldest son graduates from high school on May 29th, and when I asked him about plans to celebrate he didn't have anything in mind. I mentioned a Disney trip for the two of us, even though he's not the biggest Disney fan in our house, but he was VERY excited about the idea. I managed to get one night in a Poly Villa using our DVC points but couldn't get the second night...until YESTERDAY! And so it's official, we will do a very short mom and son post-graduation celebration trip in just over a week and we'll stay for TWO nights at a Polynesian Villa!

We both LOVE the Poly. We are also doing an after-hours DVC event at Typhoon Lagoon while there. It's going to be a whirlwind trip. I think on his short bucket list is actually eating at the sushi counter there inside the Polynesian, so that will be on our agenda for sure as well. The rest of the trip is somewhat up in the air, though we have FP+s at MK and HS so far. He also really wants to do EPCOT so we'll see if we can squeeze that in also.

Congrats on your oldest son's high school graduation. Time sure flies huh? Sounds like you have an awesome Poly adventure planned with him. I'm sure it will be special. Have fun!

That's really not that surprising to me. While I think it's a great idea to have the shave ice, I always thought it was in a really odd, out of the way location. Kind of hidden back on the path to the boat dock. Hopefully they re-open it in a better location in the future.

That's really not that surprising to me. While I think it's a great idea to have the shave ice, I always thought it was in a really odd, out of the way location. Kind of hidden back on the path to the boat dock. Hopefully they re-open it in a better location in the future.

Yeah I think when I asked the CM about it she said it wasn't that popular - that's probably because nobody could find it!

Yeah I think when I asked the CM about it she said it wasn't that popular - that's probably because nobody could find it!

Exactly. The first time I stumbled upon the little stand I thought "wow, this is really cool....what the heck is it doing hidden back here???" lol Not sure why they cant just add shave ice to the menu at the Pineapple Lanai or at the Oasis Grill.

I have a monorail question. When we stayed at the Contemporary in 2015, the monorail was down constantly. We had to walk to MK several times in the July humidity and heat. I was NOT happy that there was no communication to resort guests about the monorail being down when it was. We didn't find out until we were at the entrance to board it.

Is the Polynesian any better at communicating the status of the monorail? I will be using a wheelchair when my knee is bothering me (torn meniscus, arthritis). It will be not only inconvenient, but also difficult to have to deal with arriving at the monorail entrance only to find out we have to haul a$$ to the boat to get to MK or board a bus to Epcot because the monorail going to Epcot is down. Would the Epcot bus be located at the TTC or would we have to walk across the resort to the bus stop?

Any information or tips that you could provide to help us avoid walking all over God's green earth to find the operating transportation would be SO appreciated.

We were there last week. One day, we were wondering around the Ceremonial House, and happened to be upstairs at the shop. I noticed three security guards at the entrance to the monorail, telling all the guests that the monorail was down. My thought was, why can't they communicate at least downstairs, to save some people some effort. I would have been angry if I had gone upstairs at the Ceremonial House for transportation, then had to backtrack to an alternative transportation method.

We then went downstairs, and by the elevator, there was a big sign saying the monorail was down, giving the other options. There is a good chance we walked right by it, without noticing it earlier. I laughed at myself, since they actually had done what I thought they should have done. However, there was no signage by either staircase. So, just make sure to check by the elevators to see if they have a sign up about the monorail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter