Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone rented points for a Studio? We are currently booked in a standard room (but I went back and forth on which to book). I had been hoping for Free Dining but Poly not included. I’m now considering renting points as I think that would be considerably cheaper than a possible RO discount. I’m just a little nervous and of course need to decide very soon I’m sure. Today is exactly 7 months. I would use David’s I think.

both lake and standard view DVC at the poly only have random days left through the end of the year.

both lake and standard view DVC at the poly only have random days left through the end of the year.
Thanks. I started looking today and that’s what I’m finding. Looks like it will be RO discount for us. It’s probably going to be $1000 more than FD would have been. Oh well.

Since its always about the food...lol..doing some extra planning for our Poly days..and am very interested in the 'Ohana I think its called twilight feast?? that is available thru room service?? Does anyone have any experience with this....We were hoping to enjoy it with some friends ..and possibly pool/cabana side....

Since its always about the food...lol..doing some extra planning for our Poly days..and am very interested in the 'Ohana I think its called twilight feast?? that is available thru room service?? Does anyone have any experience with this....We were hoping to enjoy it with some friends ..and possibly pool/cabana side....
'Polynesian Twilight Feast - Experience a complete in-room dining adventure for the entire family. You will enjoy the same delicacies featured in the 'Ohana's dining room. A selection of guests' favorites including Spiced Chicken Wings, Asian-style Pot Stickers, Yokisoba Noodles, Stir-fried Vegetables, and our special 'Ohana Sunset Punch; followed with our skewered meats and oak-grilled shrimp seasoned and cooked to perfection. Then we top it all off with our famous Bread Pudding which finishes this magnificent feast. $20.00 for guests 9 and under; for guests 10 and older $40.00

Dibs on the chicken wings lol.

Its $40 for one order that feeds 2-4 depending on how much you eat. I think 2 orders would be enough because we can also order anything else of PD menu to add on.

Lunch
Pan-Asian Noodles - Yakisoba noodles, wok-seared with vegetables, and your choice of chicken or tofu in a ginger-garlic sauce; can be made vegetarian upon request; $23.99 with shrimp; $21.49

Grilled Steak Salad - Mixed greens tossed with grilled beef steak, vegetables, and cashew-lime vinaigrette $18.99

Sustainable Fish - with black rice, Swiss chard, and spicy cashew-cucumber relish $Market Price

Kona Surf and Turf Burger Deluxe - Our grilled Angus chuck burger topped with brie, spicy fried shrimp, black garlic aioli, and sweet potato fries $19.49

Grilled Angus Chuck Bacon Cheeseburger $17.99

Kona Turkey Sandwich - Turkey breast roasted daily and served on house-made bread with caramelized onion, purple Haze-Hoisin mayonnaise, arugula, tomato, and bacon served with Asian pear slaw $15.49

Island Chicken Sandwich - Grilled breast of chicken with bacon, swiss, curry-mango mayonnaise, and fried onions on a kaiser roll served with Asian slaw or sweet potato fries $16.99

Grilled Ahi Tuna Sandwich - served with pickled vegetable slaw on our pineapple bread with sweet potato fries $15.99

You know it does say DINNER for feast on menu. ANYONE know if available in the afternoon?
Appetizers/Starters
- Available 11:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.

Kona Salad - Mixed greens, blue cheese, fresh fruit, red onions, and smoked almonds with a citrus vinaigrette $9.99

Lump Crab Cakes - with jalapeno-lime cilantro $13.99

Beef Tataki - beef lightly-seared then marinated, thinly sliced, and served with ginger dressing and sesame $13.49

Sticky Wings - Glazed honey-ginger chicken wings with a tangy mustard drizzle and toasted sesame seeds $12.99

Pot Stickers - Wok-seared pork and vegetable dumplings with a creamy ginger-soy sauce $9.99

Soup du Jour $8.49

Last edited:

I have a theme park view room booked, I requested Tuvalu. Am I correct in that Tuvalu does not have balconies on the 2nd floor as well? Would the views be better from 1st or 3rd floor?

'Polynesian Twilight Feast - Experience a complete in-room dining adventure for the entire family. You will enjoy the same delicacies featured in the 'Ohana's dining room. A selection of guests' favorites including Spiced Chicken Wings, Asian-style Pot Stickers, Yokisoba Noodles, Stir-fried Vegetables, and our special 'Ohana Sunset Punch; followed with our skewered meats and oak-grilled shrimp seasoned and cooked to perfection. Then we top it all off with our famous Bread Pudding which finishes this magnificent feast. $20.00 for guests 9 and under; for guests 10 and older $40.00

Its $40 for one order that feeds 2-4 depending on how much you eat. I think 2 orders would be enough because we can also order anything else of PD menu to add on.

Lunch
Pan-Asian Noodles - Yakisoba noodles, wok-seared with vegetables, and your choice of chicken or tofu in a ginger-garlic sauce; can be made vegetarian upon request; $23.99 with shrimp; $21.49

Grilled Steak Salad - Mixed greens tossed with grilled beef steak, vegetables, and cashew-lime vinaigrette $18.99

Sustainable Fish - with black rice, Swiss chard, and spicy cashew-cucumber relish $Market Price

Kona Surf and Turf Burger Deluxe - Our grilled Angus chuck burger topped with brie, spicy fried shrimp, black garlic aioli, and sweet potato fries $19.49

Kona Turkey Sandwich - Turkey breast roasted daily and served on house-made bread with caramelized onion, purple Haze-Hoisin mayonnaise, arugula, tomato, and bacon served with Asian pear slaw $15.49

Island Chicken Sandwich - Grilled breast of chicken with bacon, swiss, curry-mango mayonnaise, and fried onions on a kaiser roll served with Asian slaw or sweet potato fries $16.99

Grilled Ahi Tuna Sandwich - served with pickled vegetable slaw on our pineapple bread with sweet potato fries $15.99

You know it does say DINNER for feast on menu. ANYONE know if available in the afternoon?
Appetizers/Starters

Kona Salad - Mixed greens, blue cheese, fresh fruit, red onions, and smoked almonds with a citrus vinaigrette $9.99

Beef Tataki - beef lightly-seared then marinated, thinly sliced, and served with ginger dressing and sesame $13.49

Sticky Wings - Glazed honey-ginger chicken wings with a tangy mustard drizzle and toasted sesame seeds $12.99

Pot Stickers - Wok-seared pork and vegetable dumplings with a creamy ginger-soy sauce $9.99

Soup du Jour $8.49

I would doubt that it would be available in the afternoon since 'Ohana doesn't open until dinner, i.e., no lunch service, but that is merely a guess.

Someone posted a photo of the room service menu in this thread a few years back. As of then, it was 4:30-10:00, which makes sense due to the Ohana hours, as @Tess mentioned.

And I know a few people were talking about the 'Ohana in room feast so I took a pic of that page of the Room Service menu :thumbsup2
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...tion-questions.3398524/page-156#post-54357914

I have a theme park view room booked, I requested Tuvalu. Am I correct in that Tuvalu does not have balconies on the 2nd floor as well? Would the views be better from 1st or 3rd floor?
i had a Std tuvalu in October, no balconies.

I did enjoy the views of lagoon side from the staircases. Also the marina area is just lovely. I am usually in Hawaii and I enjoyed being on this side of the resort for a change of pace.

i had a Std tuvalu in October, no balconies.

I did enjoy the views of lagoon side from the staircases. Also the marina area is just lovely. I am usually in Hawaii and I enjoyed being on this side of the resort for a change of pace.

No balconies on the 2nd floor? Or at all?

Lunch

Appetizers/Starters

Soup du Jour $8.49
This menu looks delicious. Is this the Oasis pool bar food menu? Or, is it Kona Cafe? Or, something else?

This menu looks delicious. Is this the Oasis pool bar food menu? Or, is it Kona Cafe? Or, something else?
In room dining.

I use Allears for many menus. I have used this link in my phone for many years.

http://allears.net/dining/menu

If you scroll down past the parks then you get to the resort menus. This is what is shown for poly:
POLYNESIAN
'Ohana - Breakfast (September 2017)
'Ohana - Dinner (July 2017)
Barefoot Pool Bar - All Day (July 2017)
Capt. Cook's - Breakfast (August 2017)
Capt. Cook's - Lunch/Dinner (November 2017)
Kona Cafe - Breakfast (August 2017)
Kona Cafe - Lunch/Dinner (November 2017)
Kona Cafe - Children's Breakfast (August 2017)
Kona Cafe - Children's Lunch/Dinner (August 2017)
Kona Island - Breakfast (November 2017)
Kona Island - Dinner (November 2017)
Luau Cove - Spirit of Aloha (September 2017)
Oasis Bar and Grill - All Day (November 2017)
Pineapple Lanai - Snacks (June 2017)
Polynesian Resort In-Room Dining - All Day (October 2015)
Tambu Lounge - Snacks (November 2017)
Trader Sam's Grog Grotto - All Day (September 2017)

POP C

I am not kidding, I memorize building location and room numbers and what on the menu for each resort I am at.

Nothing is worse than arriving tired from an early flight and getting lost or being hungry NOW. It is easy to do too . Just look at the map and get familar with resort and look at menus. Do once a week and it will help.
poly.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter