Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get a rum version in Traders too. Its called Spikey Pineapple FYI.
@mrsap oops i missed your post lol.

Also you don't have to stay at poly to enjoy these, dd and I walk over from gf or mono from cr often just for a beverage. Lapu Lapus are good too.

f0ead9b10165f05775f22b0046993f13--polynesian-resort-grog.jpg

We’ve had those! But the ones at Pineapple Lanai are different. You get the cup of DoleWhip then a small separate plastic maybe half shot of rum to pour over it! They will also put it in a float glass too for easier mixing. Phone was dead so no pictures but I’ll get one next time. You can choose either vanilla or pineapple flavored Whip.

We’ve had those! But the ones at Pineapple Lanai are different. You get the cup of DoleWhip then a small separate plastic maybe half shot of rum to pour over it! They will also put it in a float glass too for easier mixing. Phone was dead so no pictures but I’ll get one next time. You can choose either vanilla or pineapple flavored Whip.
That sounds similar to the rum dole whips at Epcot. I have to pay attention but usually a booth has it for F&W or F&G . I didn't care for it that way with rum floating. I definitely like it better when it's all mixed up.

For pineapple lovers: did you know they sell chocolate covered pineapple wedges at The Karamel Kuche in Epcot /Germany, and MK in The Confectionery? Seasonally but so good !

How long does it take to get to Epcot from Poly?? According to Our Laughing Place, walking to TTC then Monorail will take 39 minutes.... REALLY???!!!

Oh heck no that's not right, the times we stayed in the Hawaii longhouse and walked to TTC I would say maybe 10 min, but it didn't even feel that long..

Checking my notes from our last stay it was it was 32 minutes. 6 minutes to walk to TTC, 13 minute wait for monorail, 13 minutes on monorail from TTC to Epcot. So a longer wait for the monorail could get to 39 minutes.

Good Morning!

My hubby and I are celebrating our 40th birthdays this year! We have never stayed at the Poly before! It's been on my must do list and it seems perfect for a trip without the kids! We got a magical deal through our TA. Not sure what to put in for a room request. We are booked in a standard room. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

@KUFamily I think requests are personal, to your unique preferences. My husband and I are also celebrating our 40th birthdays and 10 year anniversary, so we have requested 3rd floor and KING bed!

Thanks for your reply! I appreciate any advice. We usually stay at BC but are looking forward to the Poly. I know at the BC there aren't many king beds. Wonder if there are more rooms with them at the Poly? Any advice is appreciated and welcome! Have a wonderful time celebrating your birthdays and anniversaries!

Thanks for your reply! I appreciate any advice. We usually stay at BC but are looking forward to the Poly. I know at the BC there aren't many king beds. Wonder if there are more rooms with them at the Poly? Any advice is appreciated and welcome! Have a wonderful time celebrating your birthdays and anniversaries!

Also not that many, relatively speaking, at Poly. They're set up as family resorts, really.

Update! Today is our ADR day and so our TA booked us the full day for the Oasis patio. Came out to $58.58, not too shabby! And we managed to score all our must dos. Is it October yet???? :yay:

Can I ask what the Oasis patio is?

Has anyone rented points for a Studio? We are currently booked in a standard room (but I went back and forth on which to book). I had been hoping for Free Dining but Poly not included. I’m now considering renting points as I think that would be considerably cheaper than a possible RO discount. I’m just a little nervous and of course need to decide very soon I’m sure. Today is exactly 7 months. I would use David’s I think.

Good Morning!

My hubby and I are celebrating our 40th birthdays this year! We have never stayed at the Poly before! It's been on my must do list and it seems perfect for a trip without the kids! We got a magical deal through our TA. Not sure what to put in for a room request. We are booked in a standard room. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

Congrats on booking your first Poly stay! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Update! Today is our ADR day and so our TA booked us the full day for the Oasis patio. Came out to $58.58, not too shabby! And we managed to score all our must dos. Is it October yet???? :yay:

Congrats on getting all of the ADRs you wanted! Enjoy the rest of your planning :).

My husband and I are also celebrating our 40th birthdays and 10 year anniversary, so we have requested 3rd floor and KING bed!

Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts