Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone describe the leis that you get at the Grand Ceremonial House upon check-in? Are they live flowers and greens or are they silk? Just wondering if I will be able to bring it home and hang it up somewhere or if it will be dead and brown by the end of vacation.
ours felt like they were made of some kind of silk, and we took them off when we got to the room and baggied them. We still have them from last fall, we think they're pretty!

Done!! Next on the list is the alcoholic version Pineapple Lanai has....

View attachment 317645

View attachment 317646

That looks good!! We were watching Poly videos on YouTube and that Spikey Pineapple drink at Trader Sams is definitely first on my husbands list for our summer trip!! He cannot wait to try it!! (Sounds just like what’s described in your picture) Might have to try myself now...

Spikey Pineapple
Barbancourt Pango Rhum blended with Pineapple Soft-serve

We are celebrating our 20th Anniversary this trip! Our actual anniversary is in June but the rates where better in Sept. so we are floating it till then...LOL!! We told our TA to PLEASE request a king bed! What are the odds we will actually get it do you think? Praying for pixie dust on that!!

I say YES! I usually start packing several weeks in advance by 'sequestering' any clothes I think I might want to pack... it keeps me from wearing them and having to do emergency loads of laundry at the last minute.

I don't have to worry about wearing any of my clothes I'd take to Florida. It's about 35 degrees and a chance of snow here, so I'm still wearing my fleece and winter coat! They say we will have high 50's-low 60's next week so I'm still good for a week or two until I have to worry about that. Endless winter....

Done!! Next on the list is the alcoholic version Pineapple Lanai has....

View attachment 317645

View attachment 317646
You can get a rum version in Traders too. Its called Spikey Pineapple FYI.
@mrsap oops i missed your post lol.

Also you don't have to stay at poly to enjoy these, dd and I walk over from gf or mono from cr often just for a beverage. Lapu Lapus are good too.

f0ead9b10165f05775f22b0046993f13--polynesian-resort-grog.jpg

I don't have to worry about wearing any of my clothes I'd take to Florida. It's about 35 degrees and a chance of snow here, so I'm still wearing my fleece and winter coat! They say we will have high 50's-low 60's next week so I'm still good for a week or two until I have to worry about that. Endless winter....
That's what happened to us. The first trip I think in my life that I was all packed 24 hours in advance. (except for last minute items).

Heading down September 2-10 with a Magical labor day deal!! So excited!! Haven't been since 2015!! Miss it soooo much! It was under rehab last time we were there! Anything new/fun I should know about?

Congrats on the deal! The time will go fast and you will be checking in before you know it! Enjoy the rest of your planning :wizard:.

Oh my goodness! :jumping1: December will be 10 years since we went to the Poly in early December and I walked by Hawaii and saw the tree in the window and said to DH and DD that was a dream for us one day to spend Christmas at the Poly! Today I booked our Christmas stay LV CL :wizard: DD will be heading off to college next year and we lost family this year so it will be a different Christmas than our tradition so I cannt think of a better way to spend my Christmas! :santa:

We are going to 8 days in August so the pressure to ride and see everything is lessened. There is nothing better than planning a Disney vacay with the EXCEPTION of getting to plan TWO :cheer2::banana::dance3::Pinkbounc

August will be here before you know it, with December not far behind. Have fun with all the planning :).

30 days until our first Poly stay! Woo hoo!!! Can I pack yet?

I agree with the pp and say yes, as it's never too early to pack :goodvibes.

Just booked a bounce back for early September. I am so excited to be staying at the Polynesian... I cannot wait to drink some tiki drinks and feel the island vibes. :beach:

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! :wizard:

We are 63 days out and we are planning to start packing this weekend!!! Go for it!!! Have a great trip!!

Nothing wrong with that! ;)

Y'all are making me thirsty with these pics! I have so long to go too...our ADR day is Monday. We decided to skip trying for Ohana and will just have the Twilight Feast in our PJs lol.

Sounds like a nice relaxing way to enjoy dinner ::yes::.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter