Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it!
People think I am crazy when I talk about my big 25th Wedding Anniversary trip when I tell them we are spending it at WDW. I guess they expect me to say that we’re going to Europe or Bermuda. My family is so hooked. DD wants to be married there. OMG, BIG BUCKS! My nickname at work is “Disney.” It’s out of control, and I love it!
Yea we get that too we are going for our 10th... Sometimes it irritates me other times I can laugh it off lol

Hello all. So, I 'm planning a trip for Aug 2019...me, my husband, my mom and 2 kids (6,8). I am dying to stay at the Polynesian. It looks amazing. Will we be comfortable in one room? Two would be ideal, but wayyy too expensive.

TIA

Hello all. So, I 'm planning a trip for Aug 2019...me, my husband, my mom and 2 kids (6,8). I am dying to stay at the Polynesian. It looks amazing. Will we be comfortable in one room? Two would be ideal, but wayyy too expensive.

TIA
My opinion is no lol. 1 bathroom for 3 adults is tough. Also depends on the age of the kids. My then 9 yo slept on the single. I wouldn't put an old kid/adult on it.

TIA

We stayed at the poly with our two sons and my mom when our kids were similar ages. I believe ours were 9 and 7 on that trip and we didn't have any issues with space. I believe my mom and my oldest slept in one bed and my youngest slept on the day bed. Honestly the day bed was large enough that any of us would have been just fine on it.

For the cost of the Poly I would make one room work. If shower times are planned it should work fine. If there is any way you can splurge on Club Level, the Lounge would give everyone a bit of an escape space. Like maybe for grandma while parents take care of baths and bedtime. Then grandma can be with sleeping kids while mom and dad go to the lounge for a drink, dessert and conversation.

I think you could make it work, as long as your mother was willing to share the bed with someone (if she doesn't use the murphy bed). In reality, most people use the hotel room to sleep in, and use the hotel's amenities to hang out at (i.e. food, restaurants, grounds). Is your mom/husband comfortable with being around one another in their pjs, using the toilet in close quarters, etc.?

Yea we get that too we are going for our 10th... Sometimes it irritates me other times I can laugh it off lol

We did Poly CL for our 10th last year! Didn't regret one second of it!!! WDW is our happy place and the Poly really is home! Sometimes the budget doesn't allow - as we'd rather go to WDW and stay value then skip a trip all together - but when we can we are at Poly! It is our special place and were better to celebrate marriage milestones than there!

For the cost of the Poly I would make one room work. If shower times are planned it should work fine. If there is any way you can splurge on Club Level, the Lounge would give everyone a bit of an escape space. Like maybe for grandma while parents take care of baths and bedtime. Then grandma can be with sleeping kids while mom and dad go to the lounge for a drink, dessert and conversation.

We haven't stayed with 5, but in similar fashion to what the above poster mentioned...we always request 1st floor. The patio, and in many cases, a grassy area off the patio just makes it "seem" like we have more room. Space out the showers, send the kids outside with one adult as needed, and I think you'll be fine!

TIA

I think you'll be just fine but maybe try a dvc room; you get the extra bath which helps. We did four adults (h, w, mil, sil) and two kids (4 and 2 so she was an infant) in September. We never felt too crowded. Tight yes, but still very enjoyable. We did 5 nights like this. Everyone had a great time!

[/QUOTE
Second, we are staying in DVC deluxe studio room, how often are room requests met? Last year at POR we didn’t get our request so I’m hoping this year we will. I’ve requested Tokelau, like everyone else I’m sure. Is the request reason enough to do online check in?

Thanks for the help! I’m so excited about finally staying at Poly!
[/QUOTE] We were fortunate to have our requests for Tokelau granted the last two times we stayed at the Poly. We faxed our request about a month in advance to the number on the Touring Plans site. I don't know if will help but maybe include how excited you are to be staying at the Poly for your first . Good luck!

TIA

I would do it the way the above posters stated - a child would have to share the queen bed with your mom if she's okay with it. CL is amazing and does give you a whole extra space to hang out if you can swing it. It's basically around the cost of TP view in a regular room. Plus you get the food, which is always a huge plus for us. We like to do breakfast right after getting up and before an early trip to the park. Then we come back to chill in the afternoon, get some snacks in the lounge then head out for dinner/another park. We usually get back to enjoy desserts and fireworks in the lounge. There's nothing like the Poly lounge for fireworks and then you are right there to head to bed! It all depends though on your preferences. I'll be there in 3 days so I can post pics if you'd like!pixiedust:

Anyone ever stay in one of the new bungalows by the water? My parents are DVC members And have been saving their points for a few years so we can all spend 10 nights in one of these beautiful bungalows. I’m concerned though, because I read just now that these are very noisy and you can hear the ferries. Does anyone know if this is true? My child is very sensitive to noise.

Man 10 nights in a Bungalow! That's nice! I don't know about the noise, hopefully someone else can answer
Yes, we are very grateful and excited. It’s a graduation present from my parents to my oldest. We may not do the whole 10 nights there, depends on what’s available, they can’t book till I think 7 months out. They’re using banked points and paying for the rest. We’ve always wanted to stay at Poly, but our group is just too large, and we didn’t wanna do 2 studios. So this’ll most likely be the first and last time at Poly. But if we’re gonna be hearing ferry horns at 630 in the morning, I guess we’ll be staying elsewhere.

I stayed at the Polynesian many times starting with the 1971 grand opening. I think we paid 60 -70 bucks a night then which was a steep amount. We liked the place so much we came back yearly thru the 90s. They must have renamed the longhouses as I recall the Tonga being where Hawaii is named to be now. Anyone fill me in on the name changes? and when? I also remember many more gas torches throughout the property along the walkways than what I see now. I think they did the right thing redoing the lobby rocks and waterfalls to get more balance and openess.

Overall the Polynesion has more than held its own with the other resorts. Location allows walking to the TTC or using boat to and from the MK. Also a bonus to walk the trail to the Grand Floridian.

Anyone ever stay in one of the new bungalows by the water? My parents are DVC members And have been saving their points for a few years so we can all spend 10 nights in one of these beautiful bungalows. I’m concerned though, because I read just now that these are very noisy and you can hear the ferries. Does anyone know if this is true? My child is very sensitive to noise.

Since they are on the water, yes it is true you will hear the horns form the ferries.

Oh my! how exciting!!! The Poly is my favorite resort, but we have never stayed in the bungalows! Please do a trip report!!!

Since they are on the water, yes it is true you will hear the horns form the ferries.

Yes it just stands to reason that you will hear most all the activities including other bungalow guests on the wooden walkways. You would be better of over at Ft Wilderness for some isolation. That said, pack some ear plugs and enjoy the action there!

We stayed in a Bungalow back in October for 2 nights and to be honest, the horns didn't bother us and I'm a very light sleeper. I do hate to say, we became spoiled to the space and the Kitchen with the bungalows.

We are staying at the Polynesian in March for 5 nights during our spring break. Question for you: other than location, are the rooms in the different longhouses the same? I know some are just for DVC (Tokelau, Moorea, and Pago Pago? I think?). But other than that, are the actual rooms all the same? I would like to request a longhouse that is relatively near GCH and not too far from the TTC. Also, do all first floor rooms have patios? Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter