Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I would like to book a deluxe studio at the hotel for the following period : 04/17 to 23/04.

For that period, there is no deluxe studios available but if I try 04/17 to 24/04, then it shows that there is a deluxe studios available.

Is there a reason for that ?

That's the inventory algorithm trying to eliminate orphaned rooms for 1 night.

Even if I added a day to the period, I don't want to try to book something that is not available.

But it IS available.

OMG! I can't believe it-we are heading back to the Poly!

We weren't even going to WDW this year. Then the Disney itch started so I booked a trip in celebration of DS's college graduation. We were going to stay at CSR. I kept reading about some good deals through a TA so contacted them. The Poly is of course more than CSR, but for what we are getting it's not too much more. I'm BEYOND excited!!

DS thinks we are staying at CSR and I'm going to keep this a secret and surprise him. Can't wait!!

We use to always request Tokelau, but now that's DVC. I'm requesting Rarotonga-looks like it's close to everything-anyone have good/bad experiences there? It's been a long, long time since we've stayed at the Poly I have some catching up to do!

How exciting! Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

Only 13 days to go and I am so excited! We are staying 8 nights CL. I had to share with someone. The kids don’t know about the trip and the husband never gets excited till we check in. Back to just lurking I go.

You will be checking into the Poly before you know it! Have a great time :yay:.

We leave in about 12 days! Yay!

Question: We are on the regular dining plan. We will likely eat lunch or dinner at Captain Cook's twice. Now that alcohol is included, I see there is a margarita on the menu. I don't drink beer and wine, so I wondered what this is. Is it a bottled drink? Anyone know the brand? I've also heard you can use a QS credit at Oasis Bar & Grill (which has excellent drinks available). Is that true?

I can't answer your questions, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :).

But it IS available.
So I call them they can arrange things ?

But it IS available.

Thanks,

If it is available, I am forced to buy a night in more in order to go to the polynesian or i phone them they accept a stay until the 04/23 ? Sorry for my question, I am not used to that system. Thanks.

So I call them they can arrange things ?

Thanks,

If it is available, I am forced to buy a night in more in order to go to the polynesian or i phone them they accept a stay until the 04/23 ? Sorry for my question, I am not used to that system. Thanks.
Yes, I would probably book the trip, with the extra day, and then use the chat feature on the website to see if they can adjust your stay by removing the extra day.

I worked for the DRC and a lot of ppl booked then call back and adjust dates but be warned it doesn't always work
Ppl always got mad at me and thought I could control it but there is no way to over ride that system

If the room is really available, it might be better for me to book it and cancel my current planning.

It is just that since I never heard of such a booking system for me it looked like a bug.

But does it mean that the room is a bad room or not necessarly ?

Thanks for all the help :)

If the room is really available, it might be better for me to book it and cancel my current planning.

It is just that since I never heard of such a booking system for me it looked like a bug.

But does it mean that the room is a bad room or not necessarly ?

Thanks for all the help :)
Nothing wrong with the room. Disney just tries to prevent a room being empty for one night with an algorithm.

The two times we've "gone home" I requested upper floor, then called three days before we arrived and asked for 3rd floor. Got it both times, although the second time (this most recent visit) we wound up in a handicap accessible room which was... interesting. But oh, that view!!!! :cloud9:

We are staying in a water view DVC studio Feb 23 - March 2. I was going to fax over a room request but maybe calling would be better. Do you mind sharing the phone number you used?

Not where I wanted to be but at least I am going to the polynesian too :)

Last edited:
I just read on another board that the pool is closing? We had no idea! I think it said till the 16th of February. Do they usually stick to schedule ? We arrive right after and kids wanted the pool !?

Is this where I can get information about the standard view studios at the Poly? I woudl love to read all 637 pages of comments, but I don't have the patience. :flower:
I just secured a Standard View Studio from renting points for December 2018. Right now, there is just one of us going but I can add people up until 30 days before I go. There is a possibility that my sister and niece will go. I do have some questions.
1. What buildings are the standard view Studios in?
2. Do all studios have the separate shower area?
3. How comfortable is the pull out sofa? Would a matress topper be a good idea and if so, what size.
4. POol situation? are there cabanas to rent and how many pools are there?
5. Will I have fun there? I plan on at least one, maybe two resort days during the stay.

Any information will be greatly appreciated. I have never stayed there before so, I want to be prepared.

Is this where I can get information about the standard view studios at the Poly? I woudl love to read all 637 pages of comments, but I don't have the patience. :flower:
I just secured a Standard View Studio from renting points for December 2018. Right now, there is just one of us going but I can add people up until 30 days before I go. There is a possibility that my sister and niece will go. I do have some questions.
1. What buildings are the standard view Studios in?
2. Do all studios have the separate shower area?
3. How comfortable is the pull out sofa? Would a matress topper be a good idea and if so, what size.
4. POol situation? are there cabanas to rent and how many pools are there?
5. Will I have fun there? I plan on at least one, maybe two resort days during the stay.

Any information will be greatly appreciated. I have never stayed there before so, I want to be prepared.

1. Currently Moorea, Pago Pago, and Tokelau have Standard View Studios.
2. Yes.
3. That's hard to say as everyone has different tastes as far as firmness, etc goes. I found the one we had to be comfortable.
4. Yes there are Cabanas to rent. 2 pools.
5. I can't see why you wouldn't.

How is the handicapped accessible room interesting? Could you describe the differences?

I'm not the one you were quoting, but we stayed in a handicapped room so I can answer. We did not like the room and make sure to make sure at check in that we don't get one since then. The shower was the big problem. It was a roll in shower and there was no lip of any kind to keep the water in the shower so the bathroom flooded every time you took a shower. It was a mess. We used all the towels everyday sopping up the bathroom floor.

First of all, my apologies if this has already been addressed in recent posts...I was watching a room tour video at the Poly which was supposedly recorded in 2017. The individual who made the video indicated that the room was recently refurbished but I didn't think that the Poly rooms had been updated in recent years. Does anyone know when the last time was that the rooms were updated?

First of all, my apologies if this has already been addressed in recent posts...I was watching a room tour video at the Poly which was supposedly recorded in 2017. The individual who made the video indicated that the room was recently refurbished but I didn't think that the Poly rooms had been updated in recent years. Does anyone know when the last time was that the rooms were updated?

Resort side rooms were redone 2013ish.

The DVC/Villas side rooms were totally overhauled more recently, 2015, if I'm not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!