Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for me, bummer for others though. Granted, it is January/February, so we may not be using the pool anyway.

Has anyone received an email about the lava pool being closed in February? Someone in my February group got one and their travel dates are 2/10-2/17.

Email:
In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to inform you that the Lava Pool and waterslide will be unavailable due to routine maintenance. During this time, we invite you to make a splash at Oasis Pool. Please know that all of our dining and merchandise locations will remain in full operation.
While we work our magic, it is possible that you may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your patience and understanding

i did. just got off the phone with disney. the splash pad will also be closed. they're doing routine maintenance such as painting and cleaning... not hardcore construction. the cm even called the poly directly to confirm.

i also asked if other resorts were also having the same or similar routine maintenance. he said that the wilderness lodge and GF were also having routine maintenance to their pools. the beach club and animal kingdom lodge are not however.

nonetheless, being that the oasis pool will be open the maintenance is not substantial, we're going to keep our reservation at the poly for mardi gras break in february.

Just got this email as well and am really upset. We are spending the last two night of our trip at the Poly (rented points, so non-movable/refundable) and were planning on spending more time there instead of the parks specifically for the pool. The kids have been talking about it for months! I don't know when I am going to break it to them.

I had already gotten a construction email for the first part of our trip (POFQ), now this, I am not happy. I sent an email to guest services about it...

Just received this email about our upcoming February stay at the Poly.

Thank you for choosing Disney's Polynesian Village Resort as your vacation destination. We are delighted to share our signature blend of South Pacific charm and Disney hospitality with you.

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to inform you that the Lava Pool and waterslide will be unavailable due to routine maintenance. During this time, we invite you to make a splash at Oasis Pool. Please know that all of our dining and merchandise locations will remain in full operation.

While we work our magic, it is possible that you may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your patience and understanding.

If you have questions or need assistance prior to your arrival, please contact your travel agent directly.

General Manager Victor Yordan and the team at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort look forward to your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!

Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC

Needless to say we are VERY disappointed. Having two young boys, this was the main reason we booked the Poly. Ugh. Has anyone else received this email? Does anyone know if the splash pad will be open or not?

It just says the Lava Pool and slide, not the kiddie area, so probably not.. I can tell you for a fact tho that calling disney reservations wont give you an answer, the agents will know nothing at this point.. I believe you will be fine tho, the Oasis pool is very nice and I believe the kiddie area is safe too.. I know the main pool being closed is disappointing tho

Pool maintenance is one of the risks of Jan-Feb trips. Most pools have to at least get drained and patched every so often. I know it's disappointing, but the Oasis pool is actually nice.

I am upset about the pool closures. I planned a resort day on 2/5 and planned to use the Lava pool if the weather was decent. Now if I try to change our resort day to 2/4 I have to cancel the dining and FP+ and may not be able to get something comparable. I think what is most upsetting is that they don't announce this enough in advance. If I knew months ago I could have planned around it better.

It just says the Lava Pool and slide, not the kiddie area, so probably not.. I can tell you for a fact tho that calling disney reservations wont give you an answer, the agents will know nothing at this point.. I believe you will be fine tho, the Oasis pool is very nice and I believe the kiddie area is safe too.. I know the main pool being closed is disappointing tho

True true. Oh well. We'll definitely get some use out of the oasis pool. Still looking forward to being at the Poly =)

I am upset about the pool closures. I planned a resort day on 2/5 and planned to use the Lava pool if the weather was decent. Now if I try to change our resort day to 2/4 I have to cancel the dining and FP+ and may not be able to get something comparable. I think what is most upsetting is that they don't announce this enough in advance. If I knew months ago I could have planned around it better.
I promise you that you will still very much enjoy the Poly! Just the Lava pool is closed, nothing else, so you can still have a resort day and hang around the pool, rent a mouseboat if you want... They will have the marshmallow roast and movies in the evening.. Try not to let it ruin it for you.. I use to work for Disney Reservations and I can tell you that they had no idea, they learn after the fact...The resort staff doesnt even know half the time..

I promise you that you will still very much enjoy the Poly! Just the Lava pool is closed, nothing else, so you can still have a resort day and hang around the pool, rent a mouseboat if you want... They will have the marshmallow roast and movies in the evening.. Try not to let it ruin it for you.. I use to work for Disney Reservations and I can tell you that they had no idea, they learn after the fact...The resort staff doesnt even know half the time..

I agree! I know it's disappointing, but I also think you will enjoy the Poly without the lava pool being available :).

Hey guys! Booked a standard villa for our upcoming trip. Any recommendations of what building/view to request or are they all pretty much the same? Thanks in advance!!!

My dates are 2/3-2/9 and I have not received an email. I am a little disappointed but then it could be to cold to swim anyway.

Yes - it's the same type of coffee maker in standard rooms, too. The villas/bungalows are the exception.
Do they take standard keurig type pods? We have stayed at Poly multiple times but don’t drink coffee so never paid attention. This trip we will have an extra person in our room who will want to make coffee.

Do they take standard keurig type pods? We have stayed at Poly multiple times but don’t drink coffee so never paid attention. This trip we will have an extra person in our room who will want to make coffee.

Poly standard rooms don't have Keurigs. It's a Cuisinart that uses little "discs." Many of the resorts have been switching to Keurigs which I assume will happen at Poly someday, but for the moment it's this (unless it has changed in the last two months).

6.jpeg

Poly standard rooms don't have Keurigs. It's a Cuisinart that uses little "discs." Many of the resorts have been switching to Keurigs which I assume will happen at Poly someday, but for the moment it's this (unless it has changed in the last two months).

View attachment 288476
Ok thanks. So can you buy those little discs anywhere or do you just have to use the coffee they give you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter