Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its today! After waiting for what seems like forever, I finally get to check in at the Poly for the first time. I'm so excited...way more excited than my husband and daughter haha. Thank you all for being excited with me! I hope we have decent weather and I don't even care where the room is because I'm just happy to be at the Poly and the happiest place on earth!!!!
Keep us updated, have a wonderful vacation

We just got back from our weekend stay. We were upgraded to club level which was nice. But one thing did bother us during our stay, and that was the ability to hear everything that was going on in the hallways and in the surrounding rooms. Did anyone else have this issue? Were we just surrounded by boisterous people?

Question about the Poly bungalows... trying to decide between a few villa options at different resorts.

In the queen room in the bungalow, can a pack n play fit when the Murphy bed is also in use?

The bedroom seems pretty tight based on video tours but I can’t quite tell. We are trying to avoid having anyone sleep in the living room.

We just got back from our weekend stay. We were upgraded to club level which was nice. But one thing did bother us during our stay, and that was the ability to hear everything that was going on in the hallways and in the surrounding rooms. Did anyone else have this issue? Were we just surrounded by boisterous people?

Nice upgrade pixie dust! Sorry to hear you had some noisy neighbors.

I have stayed many nights in the Hawaii building, multiple floors, close to the lounge, far from the lounge, everything in between, etc. I actually am always amazed at how quiet our rooms tend to be... I very rarely hear much outside of the room. Occasionally we’ve had some heavy walkers above and a time or two have heard some kids screaming through the connecting door (not all rooms have connecting doors, but some do), but generally speaking we’ve always been quite pleased with the lack of noise.

Hope you had a good stay despite the noise! :-)

Yes, great upgrade! I’ve had 2 stays at Poly and never heard anything. But my last stay in Samoa I remember feeling sorry for people on first floor, 2 families booked connecting rooms, and doors of both rooms were kept open with people constantly going back and forth between rooms, being very loud. Absolutely no thought to neibours around them. And partying continues on patios. So no enjoying your own patio if you were near them.
I was glad to be on 3 rd floor.

I returned from a six night Poly stay on Friday! We had a fantastic time! I know that recently some people have had some less than magical experiences with cast members, so I wanted to share my positive experience.

We checked in at the Poly on Saturday, October 7, right at 3:00. The CM checked on our room, made a phone call, and then told me that unfortunately our room wasn’t ready. Before I could respond, she told me that she was giving me a $100 credit for having to wait. I told her that it really wasn’t necessary, but she insisted.

Fortunately, we were traveling with another family, and their room was ready. We were able to put our carry on’s on their room and change clothes for the MK.

At about 7:00PM, we returned to the resort because it was storming pretty badly. I went to the check in area and let them know that we had not received a text about our room being ready. Jim, the CM, was super nice and checked on our room. He then said that he needed to step to the back for a minute. When he returned, he was visibly upset and told us that our room was being worked on by engineering and was still unavailable. Without asking, he immediately credited us a night’s stay and had us moved to a room three rooms down from the original.

We were so impressed by the customer service. We felt valued and appreciated. It was nice to know that the Poly was willing to go the extra mile without question!

We just experienced the same problem. Our room had a connecting door to the next room. It seemed paper thin.
I actually had to call security two nights during our stay because our neighbors were either being obnoxious or fighting at 12:00am.

That's an awesome upgrade! We were there in September and our hallway in Fiji was super loud. We could hear everything going on in the room next door and doors opening and closing. Thankfully, everyone was very quiet after 10pm, but the family next door liked to get up at the crack of dawn and begin their day with a wrestling session:rolleyes:. We would stay there again, but would remember to pack ear plugs (just in case)!

We just experienced the same problem. Our room had a connecting door to the next room. It seemed paper thin.
I actually had to call security two nights during our stay because our neighbors were either being obnoxious or fighting at 12:00am.

We had a lockout too. Maybe that's the issue? We could hear every word coming from next door (the other side of the lockout). It was a little weird, and we made sure we were extra quiet since we were pretty certain it worked both ways. But the real problem was the mornings. We are normally up at the crack of dawn, so maybe we wouldn't typically notice, but this was a more relaxed weekend for us. Both mornings around 6 AM we could hear what seemed like everyone in the hallways making their entire day's plans. They were so loud, it sounded like they were in our room. I even got up to make sure somehow our door wasn't open. They were definitely not whispering, but I still don't think we should have been able to hear them so clearly. That building has to be older, and perhaps that is the real issue. Next time, if we stay in that building, I'll definitely request to not have a lockout room, and will probably have to peek my head into the hallway and tell people to move it along....

But that IPA in the lounge was pretty awesome...

Thanks everyone for the feedback on the adjoining rooms and the noise level! Great to keep in mind when putting together a room request. Having our first stay at the Poly coming up this summer and looking forward to trying all the different options, we are really flexible but "NOT an adjoining room" is something that will be at the top of my list now!

Thanks everyone for the feedback on the adjoining rooms and the noise level! Great to keep in mind when putting together a room request. Having our first stay at the Poly coming up this summer and looking forward to trying all the different options, we are really flexible but "NOT an adjoining room" is something that will be at the top of my list now!
A tip I've heard is that adjoining is different from connecting. You want to avoid a connecting room. Not sure how much that language really matters, but thought I'd share what I'd learned in case it may help you!

Almost all of the rooms have an adjoining door so it's going to be difficult to get away from. About 75% of the time I have no problem with it. One time my parents stayed at the GF and were up all night from the neighbors just loudly talking about their day. One trip each night a child would cry herself to sleep around midnight (never figured that one out - no yelling from the parents or anything and it happened two nights in a row). I've also had this problem while staying in other hotels - it's not just a problem at DW or the Poly. Generally I wouldn't worry about it and just turn on the TV to the disney info channel. :)

Now, noise in the hallway - yeah I almost always hear the morning rush to MK or the evening return.

Congrats on the upgrade! Sorry about the noise issue, but hope you had a nice stay overall :wizard:.

I returned from a six night Poly stay on Friday! We had a fantastic time! I know that recently some people have had some less than magical experiences with cast members, so I wanted to share my positive experience.

We checked in at the Poly on Saturday, October 7, right at 3:00. The CM checked on our room, made a phone call, and then told me that unfortunately our room wasn’t ready. Before I could respond, she told me that she was giving me a $100 credit for having to wait. I told her that it really wasn’t necessary, but she insisted.

Fortunately, we were traveling with another family, and their room was ready. We were able to put our carry on’s on their room and change clothes for the MK.

At about 7:00PM, we returned to the resort because it was storming pretty badly. I went to the check in area and let them know that we had not received a text about our room being ready. Jim, the CM, was super nice and checked on our room. He then said that he needed to step to the back for a minute. When he returned, he was visibly upset and told us that our room was being worked on by engineering and was still unavailable. Without asking, he immediately credited us a night’s stay and had us moved to a room three rooms down from the original.

We were so impressed by the customer service. We felt valued and appreciated. It was nice to know that the Poly was willing to go the extra mile without question!

Thanks for your review. Sounds like you came across some awesome CMs! Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the Poly :goodvibes.

It's all yours....I am currently on the sad bus, headed back to reality. :(

It's always sad heading home, but hope you had a great time! :)

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Happy planning :wizard:.

We check in next week. I can barely stand the wait! Thank you to all of the recent resort reports!

Have a great time! :yay:

Hi all, I apologize in advance if my questions have already been asked but I'm trying to find some definitive answers :)
We're checking into Poly on Feb 3 for the week. I have a one and six year old. Part of the reason I wanted to try Poly is so either myself or DH can venture out in the evenings with our six year old if the baby gets cranky and needs to sleep.
I've read a few things about the bungalows taking up a huge portion of the beach area (I've never been to Poly before so I don't know the layout). Can you still go on the beach and see the fireworks or is the view obstructed? Is the beach you'd be able to see fireworks from the same as where you'd view the EWP? Also, where is the nighttime movie being shown and is it in the same general area as where you'd view the fireworks/EWP?
And one last thing, and this may be a silly question bc I know it's Disney and kid friendly by default, but is it crazy around these public areas of the Poly at night? Im guessing non Poly guests use these viewing areas correct? Is there any reason to worry it may get rowdy, loud or crazy in any way at night? I'd like for our six year old to be able to enjoy being so close to MK and seeing the night time shows but I also don't want to be in the middle of any kind of crazy crowds that feel unmanageable. We stayed at AKL last time and it was very quiet at night.
Thanks!

Hi all, I apologize in advance if my questions have already been asked but I'm trying to find some definitive answers :)
We're checking into Poly on Feb 3 for the week. I have a one and six year old. Part of the reason I wanted to try Poly is so either myself or DH can venture out in the evenings with our six year old if the baby gets cranky and needs to sleep.
I've read a few things about the bungalows taking up a huge portion of the beach area (I've never been to Poly before so I don't know the layout). Can you still go on the beach and see the fireworks or is the view obstructed? Is the beach you'd be able to see fireworks from the same as where you'd view the EWP? Also, where is the nighttime movie being shown and is it in the same general area as where you'd view the fireworks/EWP?
And one last thing, and this may be a silly question bc I know it's Disney and kid friendly by default, but is it crazy around these public areas of the Poly at night? Im guessing non Poly guests use these viewing areas correct? Is there any reason to worry it may get rowdy, loud or crazy in any way at night? I'd like for our six year old to be able to enjoy being so close to MK and seeing the night time shows but I also don't want to be in the middle of any kind of crazy crowds that feel unmanageable. We stayed at AKL last time and it was very quiet at night.
Thanks!
Yes, you would utilize the same beach for viewing the fireworks and EWP. While the bungalows do take up a large portion now, they do not obstruct the view of the castle or nighttime shows from the beach. Nor have I ever felt the beach to be rowdy or unsafe for my kids in any way. I imagine July 4th or NYE would be crazy, but "normal" nights are relatively uncrowded and are an excellent alternative to watching from inside the park with a little one. Just know that you will miss the castle projections if you watch from the beach - which are a huge part of the new show.

The movie is shown on the other side of the pool, so in a completely different location. You cannot view the movie from the beach, but would be able to see some of the fireworks from the movie location.

Have a great stay!!

Thanks!

Totally agree with @Cluelyss. Spot on advice, IMHO.

The bungalows do take up some of the former view, but there's still plenty of beach for good viewing. The Sunet Pointe area is often overlooked and is a good spot too as you can see 'over' the bungalows at that point. This labeled aerial may help. The yellow box is optimal beach viewing. The yellow circle is where they show the movie.
Poly Aerial - Labeled with Fireworks and Movie.png

Here was my view of the EWP sitting on the beach two weeks ago, with both my 7 year old and 3 year old sitting in my lap:
IMG_8435.jpg

And HEA a few minutes later. You'll see in this pic that I'm about as far "right" on the beach as you'd want to be. One comment I'll make is that the current show audio is VERY loud, even this far out on the beach. That has not always been the case at Poly... in the past you've needed to hug the path/be near a speaker to hear anything. I was impressed with how loud it was on this trip. As always, YMMV.
IMG_8480.jpg

There is no rowdiness at Poly at all. Nighttime is the best time at Poly, as far as I'm concerned. The torches are going, the Poly soundtrack playing in the background. It is all :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:.

There will be a crowd that gathers on the beach/pathway for the fireworks - and yes non-Poly guests can/do watch from here too - but it's not a major crowd by any means.

Hope that helps. Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!