Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I guess I didn't specify enough. I booked a standard view room, so I'm guessing a building like Hawaii wouldn't be an option, even though the online check-in allows me to request it.

Ah, I guess I didn't specify enough. I booked a standard view room, so I'm guessing a building like Hawaii wouldn't be an option, even though the online check-in allows me to request it.

I have noticed before what you mentioned, about all of the buildings, including Hawaii, being listed as a request option when you've booked a standard room.
I asked Tikiman if he knew what was up with that and he said he was told it was an error when the online form was created and if you haven't booked CL but request Hawaii you are basically throwing your longhouse request away. They won't upgrade you there just because you request that longhouse.

It's unfortunate that IT can't take the time to correct the error because you're right, I'm sure there are people who don't know and request Hawaii for nothing.

We were just there last month. One morning we went to CC's to grab a few light things for breakfast. We got a few fruit bowls, a couple of muffins, maybe a bottle of juice and a few yogurts. It was a little over $50! :faint: We've decided for next trip we will order breakfast stuff for the week from Garden Grocer! While I haven't priced it all out yet, I think when factored over a week it can't be as expensive as CC's!

I'm guessing you bought fresh cut fruit? That would be expensive regardless of where you bought it, even the grocery store.

There are some standard CC breakfast item prices available in Josh's CC review here (not cold case items like fresh cut fruit):

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorize...ontempo-cafe-magic-kingdom-west-update-12715/

Whole hand fruit (Apple, banana, orange) is $1.69 ea. muffins are $2.99.

I don't see yogurt prices in Josh's CC review but I can't imagine "a couple" of each would have put you over $50.

**EDIT

Actually Josh's review shows yogurt prices here:

http://www.easywdw.com/reports13/hgser172.jpg

Last edited:
I'm guessing you bought fresh cut fruit? That would be expensive regardless of where you bought it, even the grocery store.

There are some standard CC breakfast item prices available in Josh's CC review here (not cold case items like fresh cut fruit):

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorize...ontempo-cafe-magic-kingdom-west-update-12715/

Whole hand fruit (Apple, banana, orange) is $1.69 ea. muffins are $2.99.

I don't see yogurt prices in Josh's CC review but I can't imagine "a couple" of each would have put you over $50.

**EDIT

Actually Josh's review shows yogurt prices here:

http://www.easywdw.com/reports13/hgser172.jpg

I didn't save my receipt, because I didn't realize someone would call me out on a DISboard post ...
To the best of my recollection (since I don't just randomly make stuff up ...) we bought 2 uncrustables, 2 bottles of orange juice, a smart water, 2 chocolate milks, 2 muffins, 2 Greek yogurts, a yogurt parfait, a melon cup, a pineapple cup and I think my husband grabbed a couple of loose pieces of fruit. Guessing on the cost of the fruit since I didn't see it listed on the price list you posted that comes to a little over $51 with tax. For a family of 5 having basically a drink each and sharing fruit, yogurt and muffins, with uncrustables for the youngest that's expensive. The point of my original post was if it's going to cost us that much for a light breakfast we would be better off ordering from a grocery delivery service for the week.

Last edited:

Excellent job on the new thread, maiapapaya!!! We're going in August and staying in the Hawaii building so I will bring back a ton of pics from all around the resort for the thread! :sunny:

if you booked a standard view in CL you could, lol. But It would be a wasted request! On Tikimans web site he has diagrams of all the longhouses, and which views they offer, standard, lagoon or theme park. You can see each room placement, and if it's a connecting room, queens, King, handicap etc.

Excellent job on the new thread, maiapapaya!!! We're going in August and staying in the Hawaii building so I will bring back a ton of pics from all around the resort for the thread! :sunny:
We are looking forward to August too! And second that thought on the excellent new thread!

Thank you, SeaSpray, the original creator of the Poly thread! At least in my time on the DISboards! :worship: :)
And thank you for the offer of pictures! We could use some updated CL lounge pics and views with the bungalows.

@maiapapaya:

I didn't realize there was a new DPV thread until today:thumbsup2. DD and I just booked 10 nights in August:). It's DD's last summer vacation before graduation so I let her choose any resort and she chose Poly. I don't know what photos you still need, but here are my photos taken last week that you're welcome to use as you see fit.

GCHMAP.jpg

LAVA POOL RIGHT BEFORE GRAND OPENING:
IMG_0442.JPG

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0445.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

IMG_0436.JPG

IMG_0438.JPG

IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0431.JPG

LAVA POOL TOUCH POINT ENTRY FOR MB AND KTTW CARD:

IMG_0441.JPG

DH'S NIFTY SHIRT FROM BOUTIKI:
IMG_0415.JPG

DH ENJOYED SITTING IN A CHAIR NEAR THIS GUY TAKING WHAT DD CALLS A NAPU-NAPU...
IMG_0455.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic pictures. Thank you so much WDWKOOK! I have added several to the first page. :daisy:

Beautiful thread! I remember Seaspray and that was the beginning of my first visit. Tikiman sealed the deal for me. There is no place like the Poly at Disney World for me. :)

Thank you mickey2minnie1! It's great to see some old Poly "faces" showing up in the new thread. I've recognized quite a few names over the last few days :)

Poly is looking good!
Besides the east pool, is the front entrance and the kids splash area the only part of the resort that is still under construction?

I didn't save my receipt, because I didn't realize someone would call me out on a DISboard post ...
To the best of my recollection (since I don't just randomly make stuff up ...) we bought 2 uncrustables, 2 bottles of orange juice, a smart water, 2 chocolate milks, 2 muffins, 2 Greek yogurts, a yogurt parfait, a melon cup, a pineapple cup and I think my husband grabbed a couple of loose pieces of fruit. Guessing on the cost of the fruit since I didn't see it listed on the price list you posted that comes to a little over $51 with tax. For a family of 5 having basically a drink each and sharing fruit, yogurt and muffins, with uncrustables for the youngest that's expensive. The point of my original post was if it's going to cost us that much for a light breakfast we would be better off ordering from a grocery delivery service for the week.

I wasn't "calling you out" nor did I mean to imply that you "made stuff up".

However you've now listed twice as many items as you did originally and reduced your total bill by a few $. Your original list just didn't fit with the amount you spent so I was wondering if the fruit you had bought was the fresh cut stuff. Now it makes sense. Thanks.

And yes, I agree, it is expensive to buy light breakfast grab and go items at CC or any other resort quick service. Always helpful to defray some costs by bringing in some snack items. We've shipped a "goodie" box ahead a few times - cereal, chips, granola bars, even a small jar of peanut butter. Can be helpful, every penny counts.

Sorry if you felt like my previous post was overly critical. Certainly was NOT my intent. I just want everyone to get a clear and fair picture of what to expect on their stay at the Poly, including costs.

Appreciate your contributions to this thread.

Mahalo.

Last edited:
Thank you mickey2minnie1! It's great to see some old Poly "faces" showing up in the new thread. I've recognized quite a few names over the last few days :)

This has always been my "home" board and especially my "home" thread. And I agree that it's great to see some old Polynesian faces again :sunny:

Thank you, SeaSpray, the original creator of the Poly thread! At least in my time on the DISboards! :worship: :)
And thank you for the offer of pictures! We could use some updated CL lounge pics and views with the bungalows.

Thanks, maiapapaya for remembering that!!! :D I really can't wait to be back there again. :cloud9:

Thanks for sharing these pics, they're great!! ::yes::

Beautiful thread! I remember Seaspray and that was the beginning of my first visit. Tikiman sealed the deal for me. There is no place like the Poly at Disney World for me. :)

Thanks for remembering me! I feel like Eeyore saying that. LOL :eeyore:

:grouphug:

I'm new here and I am so excited to be able to stay at the Poly for our first time at this resort. We are staying CL LV in June. I was worried about the construction going on til I saw all the pictures on this thread. I'm not as worried anymore. Thanks for the great thread. I'm excited to see many more pictures and even more so to see it in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter