Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there,
I'm heading to the Poly for a short stay 11/26 - 11/29. I'm actually doing a split stay. At Disney last week, we changed our resort from POFQ to BWV to be in walking distance to Epcot. I do not want to stay at the Villa's, but when changing my reservation it was the only thing available in that area so I took it & figured I'd play with it more when I returned home.
My entire trip is 11/26 - 12/2. I am taking my mom for her 80th birthday and to celebrate the holidays with my daughter who is doing the DCP and working in Epcot!
While trying to find other availability the Poly came up for those dates. We haven't stayed there since 2006 and we had just been there on 8/6 to watch the fireworks and hang out at Trader Sam's for the night - we ended up staying for about 3 hours, we didn't want to leave! It's our absolute favorite resort so I took it as a sign we were meant to be there a few days. We hope to go to MVMCP on 11/28 so it will be nice and close.
Last 2 times we stayed at Tokelau, I'd like to try a different building this time. I am booked in a standard view.

For 11/29 - 12/2 we are at BWV - I'm hoping to be able to change to either BWI or BC before November as I don't really want to stay in a Villa.

Looks like I have to catch up on a LOT of reading, this post is over 500 pages - where is a good place to start???

Hey there,
I'm heading to the Poly for a short stay 11/26 - 11/29. I'm actually doing a split stay...For 11/29 - 12/2 we are at BWV.

Funny ! I have almost the reverse Split Stay ... 11/25 to 11/29 at BWV, 11/30 to 12/2 at Poly. When I booked in early April, those were the only days open at each. Unlike you, I'm very much looking forward to staying in one of the BW 1-BR Villas - the remodeled rooms look great and we LOVE hanging in the Boardwalk area. This is our first time staying on property with the kids (we're surprising them) ... they are going to love it. The only bad thing about my days are that I was planning to spend the Poly days at MK and they have so many darn Christmas Parties going, we won't ever have a chance to see Happily Ever After in the park. Best our plans will allow is watching it from the California Grill patio.

Funny ! I have almost the reverse Split Stay ... 11/25 to 11/29 at BWV, 11/30 to 12/2 at Poly. When I booked in early April, those were the only days open at each. Unlike you, I'm very much looking forward to staying in one of the BW 1-BR Villas - the remodeled rooms look great and we LOVE hanging in the Boardwalk area.

It's only my mom & I & depending on my daughter's schedule she was going to come spend the nights she could straight from work. Between keeping the couch open to sleep in and keeping my mom's ECV charged I don't think there will be much room to relax. Just kinda bummed about not having 2 beds honestly, everything else is great!

I've never been to visit that area before last week and it's even more beautiful in person.

Hey there,
I'm heading to the Poly for a short stay 11/26 - 11/29. I'm actually doing a split stay. At Disney last week, we changed our resort from POFQ to BWV to be in walking distance to Epcot. I do not want to stay at the Villa's, but when changing my reservation it was the only thing available in that area so I took it & figured I'd play with it more when I returned home.
My entire trip is 11/26 - 12/2. I am taking my mom for her 80th birthday and to celebrate the holidays with my daughter who is doing the DCP and working in Epcot!
While trying to find other availability the Poly came up for those dates. We haven't stayed there since 2006 and we had just been there on 8/6 to watch the fireworks and hang out at Trader Sam's for the night - we ended up staying for about 3 hours, we didn't want to leave! It's our absolute favorite resort so I took it as a sign we were meant to be there a few days. We hope to go to MVMCP on 11/28 so it will be nice and close.
Last 2 times we stayed at Tokelau, I'd like to try a different building this time. I am booked in a standard view.

For 11/29 - 12/2 we are at BWV - I'm hoping to be able to change to either BWI or BC before November as I don't really want to stay in a Villa.

Looks like I have to catch up on a LOT of reading, this post is over 500 pages - where is a good place to start???
Yep you need to read Tokelau is now dvc so you have to try a new one lol. I like to use tikimanpages.com for resort info. He has it laid out nice. Read up there ( so easy to do since he has it all in one place) . Then come back with any questions.

Rooms do cancel often so check as we get closer to fall for more availability.

Happy Planning :flower1:

We took the monorail Saturday to and from MK and yesterday to and from Epcot. No problems at all.
We have not used the boat yet but I think the monorail is quicker.

I think monorail orange needs maintainable. A few days ago at the MK resort line it sat at the station a long time. Then this morning at the TTC Epcot line it sat for a long time. We haven't had any problems with the other monorails.

How early would you recommend booking the Poly standard? We plan on going at the end of July 2018. Normally we book in January for a summer trip, but all these issues with standard rooms are making me worry that there won't be rooms for us if we wait too long.

Book as soon as possible. Yes our dates were not flexible because we scored a really low price on airfare staying Tuesday to Tuesday and we actually bought those first. A standard room was available, but only Tuesday to Sunday and since we split stay frequently, I wanted to avoid it this trip. Play around with your dates and typically January is less busy than most other months.

Starting to plan for November 2018. We'll be traveling with my sister and her family. Not sure where they'll be staying but we'll definitely be at the Poly! We've stayed 5 times before, but not since 2014 so we're excited to see all the changes.

All previous trips we've stayed in Tokelau and loved that location. Debating whether to go standard room this time or DVC studio. It will be DH and I, DD will be 14 and DS 16. I like the idea of two showers and sink areas. But will the kids be uncomfortable on the sleeper sofa and pull down bed? In comparison, they've had no problem with the daybed in the past.

Which would you recommend for a family of 4, basically all full-grown? If we do the Studio, we'll definitely request Tokelau. Looking for other longhouse suggestions too, if we do Standard view. We like 1st floor. We did 1 night in Fiji back in 2009 and didn't care for it, and we were able to switch to Tokelau the 2nd day.

Thanks for any help!

Here now and have an Ohanas ADR to cancel...Monday, August 21st for 8 guests
Thought I would put it here first. Let. E know if anyone would like to have this ADR.

Starting to plan for November 2018. We'll be traveling with my sister and her family. Not sure where they'll be staying but we'll definitely be at the Poly! We've stayed 5 times before, but not since 2014 so we're excited to see all the changes.

All previous trips we've stayed in Tokelau and loved that location. Debating whether to go standard room this time or DVC studio. It will be DH and I, DD will be 14 and DS 16. I like the idea of two showers and sink areas. But will the kids be uncomfortable on the sleeper sofa and pull down bed? In comparison, they've had no problem with the daybed in the past.

Which would you recommend for a family of 4, basically all full-grown? If we do the Studio, we'll definitely request Tokelau. Looking for other longhouse suggestions too, if we do Standard view. We like 1st floor. We did 1 night in Fiji back in 2009 and didn't care for it, and we were able to switch to Tokelau the 2nd day.

Thanks for any help!
We did vgf . The pull down bed just felt small because of how it's set up. The regular twin beds are bigger like CR/gf and poly have. My ds 16 did sleep in it a night but then stitched to the sleeper sofa. That was comfy. We were in a 2 br villa and he bed hopped to try them all.

I would ask the kids. Do THEY want a bed or prefer more private area for showering and changing? Do you bring back leftovers or eat breakfast in the room? The studio better for that.

For 2 people I would do studio if available . If with adults I would std gv room. With kids it depends on how they sleep. When younger ds didn't care but now he is fussier at 20.

I would pick Tokelau too.

Thanks for any help!

I would go with the studio just because of the fact that it has two bathrooms, it will make it easier for everyone to get ready in the morning. We stayed in one in Tokelau last year with a partial view of the bungalows and loved it! Love the pulldown bed, though we didn't get to use it, our daughter was too young for it. Also, the Tv is huge!

How early would you recommend booking the Poly standard? We plan on going at the end of July 2018. Normally we book in January for a summer trip, but all these issues with standard rooms are making me worry that there won't be rooms for us if we wait too long.

If you know your dates and will stay there regardless of discounts, I'd book now to make sure you get what you want. Happy planning :wizard:.

Thanks for any help!

We've never stayed in a studio, but a standard room would work better for us as we prefer 2 real beds over 1 bed/1 sleeper sofa. With that said, I agree with trisha that I would ask the kids which they prefer ;).

Here now and have an Ohanas ADR to cancel...Monday, August 21st for 8 guests
Thought I would put it here first. Let. E know if anyone would like to have this ADR.

Hope you're having a great time! :)

Two more weeks! I'm getting pretty excited and also a little nervous. I have so far not really loved any of the deluxe resorts I've stayed at but I have adored the moderates... I am so hoping Poly changes that and I fall in love with it!

I'm back :sad: I do have some photos I took at the Polynesian but found out photo bucket now charges to post on here. I have flickr and tried to post with it and didnt work either. Anyone have any ideas on how I can post photos with flickr or any other way?
BTW I did ask if the make up mirrors in the rooms had lights before I left and was told no. They do have lights on them :thumbsup2

I'm back :sad: I do have some photos I took at the Polynesian but found out photo bucket now charges to post on here. I have flickr and tried to post with it and didnt work either. Anyone have any ideas on how I can post photos with flickr or any other way?
BTW I did ask if the make up mirrors in the rooms had lights before I left and was told no. They do have lights on them :thumbsup2

We just got back today too. I'll cry with you ..... :sad:

The Poly was lovely as usual. Our only complaint was the pillows - they were awful. We all woke up with stiff necks each morning!

I think you can use the "Upload a File" option to post pictures. I have some pictures to post too.

We just got back today too. I'll cry with you ..... :sad:

The Poly was lovely as usual. Our only complaint was the pillows - they were awful. We all woke up with stiff necks each morning!

I think you can use the "Upload a File" option to post pictures. I have some pictures to post too.
I think I got it figured out. What building were you in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts