Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add to this, I called this morning to book a one for Monday, first week of September, and I was told to check in at the Oasis Bar & Grill 15 minutes prior to the reservation. I don't know how strict they are about that, but I'll probably do it just to be sure they don't give it away. He said half a day is 4 hours, so ours will be from 10am - 2pm. The price was only $31. I think that's really reasonable to know you have a reserved comfortable shady spot for 4 hours, no worrying whether you'll find open chairs or whether someone will snag them if you walk away.
Interesting - I also booked a half day, 3-7pm, and it was $42. Not a bad price, but I wonder why yours was less?

Is the Great Ceremonial House open all night? If I needed a shop to get any sundries during the night?

I've been to Trader Sam's a few times but never to the Tiki Terrance. How easy is it to get to from TS? Can I have a drink inside then go have a drink outside or do they not want people going in and out?

We made it and checked into Poly today!!! First stay here and so far so good. Everyone VERY friendly, CMs and other guests alike. Arrived early and checked in at the desk. We booked a standard view months ago. I was told the room wasn't ready, but we would be given a text later. Swam in the pool!! Everyone loved the slide even more then YandBC!!! Received the text about lunch time our room was ready..... in Samoa!!! Total surprise for us!!! BTW I didn't put in any requests when we booked the standard. We were just happy to finally book Poly and figured we'd just be happy to be there!!

Welcome to your first stay at the Poly! Sounds like your stay is off to a great start. Have a wonderful time!

We went to MK today and came back to our room for naps. The heat is really getting to DD (20) this year. It felt so good to walk into the cool GCH and smell that Poly smell!

I've been to Trader Sam's a few times but never to the Tiki Terrance. How easy is it to get to from TS? Can I have a drink inside then go have a drink outside or do they not want people going in and out?

Love love love the Tiki Terrace!!!! Be sure to get a Spikey Pineapple!!

The Tiki Terrace is located outside behind trader Sam's. You have to go out Trader Sam's around to the right. I'm sorry I do not know if you can bring drinks from inside Trader Sam's to the Tiki Terrace. They both have the same menu tho.

Did I say I love the Tiki Terrace ??
:flower1:

We made it and checked into Poly today!!! First stay here and so far so good. Everyone VERY friendly, CMs and other guests alike. Arrived early and checked in at the desk. We booked a standard view months ago. I was told the room wasn't ready, but we would be given a text later. Swam in the pool!! Everyone loved the slide even more then YandBC!!! Received the text about lunch time our room was ready..... in Samoa!!! Total surprise for us!!! BTW I didn't put in any requests when we booked the standard. We were just happy to finally book Poly and figured we'd just be happy to be there!!

You are so excited that I'm excited!!!:p

And for Samoa, that certainly puts to rest the idea that they aren't putting standard bookings in pool view buildings, thanks!

Have a great trip!

Quick question - if you have a refillable mug, are there other places to fill it, like at the pool for instance, besides at captain cooks? TIA

Does anyone have any information on the pool hours? We will be at the Poly the 1st week of September. I've seen references to "summer" hours but I don't know when they consider summer over.
With the parks closing at 9pm, we are hoping to get back to the resort for some late night swimming before we call it a night.

TIA!

Congrats on arriving for your first Poly stay! Anywhere at the Poly is great, but Samoa is one of the best locations (IMO). We feel the same way about the slide/pool as it's our favorite overall (even over SAB). Enjoy your time at the Poly :goodvibes.

We went to MK today and came back to our room for naps. The heat is really getting to DD (20) this year. It felt so good to walk into the cool GCH and smell that Poly smell!

I love walking into the GCH and getting hit with that Poly smell :cloud9:.

We also arrived today! We and the other party traveling with us got Samoa and we both booked standard views. Just thought I would share since this has been a hot topic.
Loving our second Poly stay already!!

Glad both parties got Samoa! Hope everyone has a great time :wizard:.

Does anyone have any information on the pool hours? We will be at the Poly the 1st week of September. I've seen references to "summer" hours but I don't know when they consider summer over.
With the parks closing at 9pm, we are hoping to get back to the resort for some late night swimming before we call it a night.

TIA!

I can't help with the pool hours, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :).

How early would you recommend booking the Poly standard? We plan on going at the end of July 2018. Normally we book in January for a summer trip, but all these issues with standard rooms are making me worry that there won't be rooms for us if we wait too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter