Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have an opinion about the best place to put a pack n play in a Poly room? I'm sure I could figure it out once I get there, but thought maybe someone might have experience with what worked best for them!

Is this standard or is this odd: I went online to double-check my online check-in and realized I didn't specify my room requests. When I went to edit, the only options in the drop down were Ground Floor, Balcony, or Aotearoa building. Does that mean my chances for staying in a different building are slim? This is the first time staying at the Poly and we booked a Standard room with the "TA that cannot be mentioned". :confused3

Same here and it won't allow me to select anything other than ground floor, which I don't want. I'd prefer a balcony. My TA said she put third floor on the res, we'll see. I really wish I could just pay for a balcony. We wound up doing a split stay this year (4nts YC, 4 nts Poly) because I don't want 8 nights with possibly no balcony.

For anyone that has rented the poolside patio/cabana at Oasis pool, how exactly does it work? I have one booked for a half day on the 29th, but I do need to check in somewhere? Is my name on it? Any insight would be wonderful. TIA!!

I thought by putting quiet they would put us away from the luau cove and not next to an elevator (touring plans had this as one of their options). We booked a standard room but now I'm having buyers remorse and wished we would have done theme park that way we could see the fire works from our room with 2 little ones....

For anyone that has rented the poolside patio/cabana at Oasis pool, how exactly does it work? I have one booked for a half day on the 29th, but I do need to check in somewhere? Is my name on it? Any insight would be wonderful. TIA!!

I simply called down to the front desk and they put me through to recreation. You can either book it for a morning, an afternoon or all day. When you book they will put your name on the table and it will be reserved so no one can use it. We did it and were placed in the middle (bigger one) for a morning reservation. It was great!

If you already have one booked they will go out around 9am and set it up and then put your name on the table so no one will use it. morning is 10am-1.30pm i think, but could possibly start a little earlier. We really enjoyed it. Just be warned, the middle cabana has a broken ceiling fan which makes a big difference to the 'temperature' feel.

I thought by putting quiet they would put us away from the luau cove and not next to an elevator (touring plans had this as one of their options). We booked a standard room but now I'm having buyers remorse and wished we would have done theme park that way we could see the fire works from our room with 2 little ones....
Well put them in their Jammie's and just go outside to watch and back easy peasy after! Also most outside stairwells have a nice view if you don't want to go too far.

Quick question. What is the policy regarding soft sided coolers at the pools? Also, is there a regulation regarding cans at all? We arrive next week and will bring one if we are allowed to have it by the pool. Thanks.

Quick question. What is the policy regarding soft sided coolers at the pools? Also, is there a regulation regarding cans at all? We arrive next week and will bring one if we are allowed to have it by the pool. Thanks.
Cans are fine. No glass.

That's a good question, never tried it so couldn't tell you. They do however now have a policy that makes you order food from staff who are wandering around with menu's as opposed to walking up to the 'hole in the wall'.. We found this more convenient anyway and the food was good... especially the Wonton Chips! yummeee!

We would take our insulated mugs (purchased and non purchased) down there and never had any issues so i doubt a small cooler would be an issue.

I simply called down to the front desk and they put me through to recreation. You can either book it for a morning, an afternoon or all day. When you book they will put your name on the table and it will be reserved so no one can use it. We did it and were placed in the middle (bigger one) for a morning reservation. It was great!

If you already have one booked they will go out around 9am and set it up and then put your name on the table so no one will use it. morning is 10am-1.30pm i think, but could possibly start a little earlier. We really enjoyed it. Just be warned, the middle cabana has a broken ceiling fan which makes a big difference to the 'temperature' feel.
Thanks so much!! I'll be sure to look for my name on the cabana. Can't wait!! Just 7 more days until I'm home.

For anyone there now, what is with the LARGE piece of construction equipment near the Pinapple Lanai???????

I saw that too. Parked in the grassy area. There was a very large cardboard box too. I would guess they are replacing something on the roof of the GCH. Maybe a vent? Like for the AC or ventilation for the fire pit at OHana? Just a guess. I'll have to check things out later today.

ETA: It's a little after 7 AM and I took a walk over there. Equipment is gone. The fence is still up and the large planks the equipment was on are still there.

Last edited:
I saw that too. Parked in the grassy area. There was a very large cardboard box too. I would guess they are replacing something on the roof of the GCH. Maybe a vent? Like for the AC or ventilation for the fire pit at OHana? Just a guess. I'll have to check things out later today.

ETA: It's a little after 7 AM and I took a walk over there. Equipment is gone. The fence is still up and the large planks the equipment was on are still there.

Shows up n the dark, gone with the light. pixiedust:

i have to wonder if they aren't saying this to cut down on complaints from people who requested and didn't receive those rooms. it's an easy (and final) response for them to give potentially upset guests.

Until someone pulls out a printout of the room categories that ARE available and says "really? what category does it fit in, because pool views are standard view"... We will be bringing such a printout...

I had a sudden switch from pop to poly for our mnsshp. Dd,s bf decided to come. He is FRUGAL. His cm cousin gave him a 1 day ticket. Dd told him I would buy his party ticket. That left Sunday , going home day without a ticket. I asked him his plan and he insisted Dd and I have the morning alone and he would lounge at the pool.

So I called and asked about the cabana. 9:45Am it will be ready. I could have 1/2 day or for $10-ish more the whole day. Since 2-4. is when we need it the most , ME 3:50p I decided to book it. She quoted one price but then when looked for my date it was lower. It was around $50.

My only concern about non cl is my am coffee. Is it cuisinart or Keurig for std ? Also is it easy to get coffee to go from that Kona bar place?(name?)

I did not make a room request. I don't care! I have been in Hawaii the last several years. This trip I need a nap before mnsshp since I will be up at 3am that morning.

There are so many ways to enjoy the resort. Saturday I am going to be back in time for Ewp and fireworks. I will find myself a nice quiet spot with a night cap. Ahhhhh

Last have you looked at ticket pricing lately? A 1 day ticket that weekend is $124 and a hopper $ 174. Sheesh

Happy planning! This dole whip lover is so happy my TA scored a weekend when no one had availability! :flower1:

They told me either at oasis bar area or the marina desk.

Just to add to this, I called this morning to book a one for Monday, first week of September, and I was told to check in at the Oasis Bar & Grill 15 minutes prior to the reservation. I don't know how strict they are about that, but I'll probably do it just to be sure they don't give it away. He said half a day is 4 hours, so ours will be from 10am - 2pm. The price was only $31. I think that's really reasonable to know you have a reserved comfortable shady spot for 4 hours, no worrying whether you'll find open chairs or whether someone will snag them if you walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter