Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the timeline I was thinking. I'll make FP starting at 10 or so. With 4 little ones we are trying not to do much backtracking so if we've already done 7DMT, PP and Pooh, what rides in Fantasyland or possibly Tomorrowland would make the best use of our park time starting at 9:00? Such as something that might have a line at 10:00...Enchanted Tales w/Belle or go to Fairytale Hall? Some of the adults might take off for one of the mountains.
We always head to Tomorrowland at 9am when we do EMM. My husband and I do Space and then We hit up Buzz and Maybe Astro Orbiter with our daughter and my parents. Then we head back to Fantasyland for breakfast. I make fast passes for after breakfast in the Fantasyland area.

Just got back from our Poly stay! Got a great room - Samoa third floor with a balcony overlooking the Oasis pool. I think we really lucked out - all I requested was balcony and upper floor on the online check in form. I didn't call in nor did I fax in any room requests. So we got lucky! This was our first time staying at the Poly and I loved the short boat ride over to MK. The bag check was on the MK side once we stepped off the boat and no long lines for that since the boat doesn't hold that many. The only bummer of our trip was our garden grill breakfast got canceled - got a phone call the night before saying the restaurant was closed due to maintenance. So that stunk but other than that the trip was great - awesome weather (but I like the heat). My son liked the splash pad - he's over the 48 inches (he's almost 50 inches) and they let him play in there - and there were a lot of bigger kids than him - lifeguards never measured anyone. One girl was my height going down the slide!

Just got back from our Poly stay! Got a great room - Samoa third floor with a balcony overlooking the Oasis pool. I think we really lucked out - all I requested was balcony and upper floor on the online check in form. I didn't call in nor did I fax in any room requests. So we got lucky! This was our first time staying at the Poly and I loved the short boat ride over to MK. The bag check was on the MK side once we stepped off the boat and no long lines for that since the boat doesn't hold that many. The only bummer of our trip was our garden grill breakfast got canceled - got a phone call the night before saying the restaurant was closed due to maintenance. So that stunk but other than that the trip was great - awesome weather (but I like the heat). My son liked the splash pad - he's over the 48 inches (he's almost 50 inches) and they let him play in there - and there were a lot of bigger kids than him - lifeguards never measured anyone. One girl was my height going down the slide!

Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the Poly. We love Samoa, awesome location and great views. Sorry about Garden Grill getting cancelled, but glad everything else about your trip was great :).

Considering booking the Spirit of Aloha for our upcoming trip. Looking for recommendations... Should we use our DDP points and get category 2 or 3 seating, or should we go out of pocket and spring for the category 1 seating? We will have our boys with us (2 and 5 years old). Thanks so much in advance!

Considering booking the Spirit of Aloha for our upcoming trip. Looking for recommendations... Should we use our DDP points and get category 2 or 3 seating, or should we go out of pocket and spring for the category 1 seating? We will have our boys with us (2 and 5 years old). Thanks so much in advance!
Since you have little ones that might not see that well, I personally would recommend splurging for Category 1. The price difference between Category 1 and Category 2 isn't all that much and the view of the stage is much better, IMO.

We were on the DDP when we did the luau, but I paid OOP for category 1 and I'm glad I did. We had a great view as we were seated right up front by the stage :).

Since you have little ones that might not see that well, I personally would recommend splurging for Category 1. The price difference between Category 1 and Category 2 isn't all that much and the view of the stage is much better, IMO.

I agree :goodvibes

Thanks! I think that's what we'll probably do... pay out of pocket for the cat 1

I hope you have a good time! I had the Luau booked back in April but talked myself out of it in the days leading up to the trip. My kids are 6 and 2 and I was worried it'd be too long/drawn out the 2 year old, so I chickened out! She's always been hit/miss at restaurants and I decided I didn't want to risk it. :rotfl:

Maybe next time for us!

Hey everyone! This will be our first tme at the Poly, and I have a quick question about the bathroom door. I usually bring one of those over the door hanging organizers and use the bathroom door to hang it. Last year we stayed at the GF and the hooks couldn't fit over the door with the door even slightly closed. I was just curious if anyone knows if it would work at the Poly. I don't want to bring it if it won't work. Thanks!

Hey everyone! This will be our first tme at the Poly, and I have a quick question about the bathroom door. I usually bring one of those over the door hanging organizers and use the bathroom door to hang it. Last year we stayed at the GF and the hooks couldn't fit over the door with the door even slightly closed. I was just curious if anyone knows if it would work at the Poly. I don't want to bring it if it won't work. Thanks!

I'd like to know as well, this is one of my favorite ways to make a bit of extra storage space. Our first trip to the Poly is in the works as well so I'm not sure exactly what the shower curtains are like, but sometimes you can either use the shower rod or the hooks from the shower curtain to hang your organizer on the outside of the shower as an option.

What are the lines like at Trader Sam's lately? I still have not been there and when we go in December, I would like to go have a drink and some appetizers early so my son can go in. Do I still need to get there right when it opens to get a table? Has anyone been recently?

Thanks for EMM monorail advice. We are staying CL at Poly so hoped to grab something quick before leaving since we'd do breakfast after 9:30 at MK. Glad to hear you thought it was worth it GADisneyDad. I hesitate because I don't know how our grandkids (4 and 5) will like 7DMT and we won't know until we get there. So I'd hate to spend that much extra...but we may just take the plunge if offered next May. Were you also able to squeeze in some other attractions once the park opened at 9:00 but before breakfast?
I know this is t directed to me - but we just did t again on Sunday and we were able to meet Merida after 9 and ride IASW - then we went to breakfast at 9:35. We actually were picked as the family of the day by EMM CM when we arrived at breakfast which was so cool! Got waited on at breakfast, got some extra FP, got to do a special meet and greet, and even gifted a crown! It was so cool!!

I know this is t directed to me - but we just did t again on Sunday and we were able to meet Merida after 9 and ride IASW - then we went to breakfast at 9:35. We actually were picked as the family of the day by EMM CM when we arrived at breakfast which was so cool! Got waited on at breakfast, got some extra FP, got to do a special meet and greet, and even gifted a crown! It was so cool!!

That's awesome! Were you given a private table with white tablecloth and silverware? I saw a family sitting at a nicely prepared table last year being served and was curious what that was all about. Figured it was a VIP something.

So cool!

I hope you have a good time! I had the Luau booked back in April but talked myself out of it in the days leading up to the trip. My kids are 6 and 2 and I was worried it'd be too long/drawn out the 2 year old, so I chickened out! She's always been hit/miss at restaurants and I decided I didn't want to risk it. :rotfl:

Maybe next time for us!
My 7 year old didn't like it. The food wasn't kid-friendly, and we weren't able to get substitutions. The food was basically dumped on the table and the "waiter" was gone in the blink of an eye. When we asked for an alternative for our daughter, there was none. We enjoyed the show, but she was miserable the entire time. It was a huge waste of money for us. Maybe consider it as an adult only night out...

Is the Oasis pool still open until 11:00? With the early park closing this summer we may be swimming at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter