Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were just there a few weeks ago, but unfortunately we were in Tuvalu, so not walking at night where there would normally be torches. I have heard that they are temporarily not functioning around the core of the resort because they cut the gas off during construction. I would think they will have them functioning again at some future time. Sorry, that wasn't very helpful!

I thought I read on another thread that they were lit. Awwww....That's too bad if they aren't. :sad1: I'll bet it makes for a beautiful atmosphere. :cloud9:

QUOTE="chitownwdwgirl, post: 53421896, member: 411258"]Thanks, we did a lagoon view room as we like to sit on a balcony & I am an AP so the rate was not too much more, but was a little concerned about noise, because will be spending a lot of time at the resort. Thanks for the feed back & YES we will see you there[/QUOTE]

Just to warn you, lagoon view from Hawaii is of the bungalows. They block the view of the castle on the first floor except between the huts. And I'm pretty sure the second floor rooms don't have balconies, but I could be wrong. So if you're planning on sitting outside and watching the fireworks, be aware that the huts will block some of your view.

Extra stuff just for fun ...

What longhouse should I request if I want ...

to be close to the Great Ceremonial House?
Samoa, Rarotonga, Niue, Figi

to be near the Lava Pool?
Niue, Samoa, Rarotonga

to be near the Oasis Pool?
Samoa, Rarotonga, Niue, Hawaii (club level only)

have a view of the monorail?
Aotearoa (request monorail side)

Here is the link for Koh1977's trip log for those who would like to connect with other guests sharing your travel dates at the Polynesian Village Resort:

http://disboards.com/threads/ohana-the-poly-family.3387565/

If you are missing the Poly and would like a taste of home enjoy Guitarob's "Polynesian Resort Atmosphere" video, sure to help any case of the "Poly pout"!

Fantastic job!!! Pictures are beautiful, layout is so well organized and it just makes me so excited! :thumbsup2

Amazing thread! Thank you for putting it together! DH and I will be staying at the Poly for the first time next month and I'm extremely excited! I saw that there is a Memory Maker area in the GCH. What exactly do they do there?

Are there any rooms at the poly that sleep 6? If not, do they have any connecting guest rooms?

Yes the have some connecting rooms. Just realize that you can't book connecting rooms. You can book 2 rooms and request that they are connecting, but it is just a request.

QUOTE="chitownwdwgirl, post: 53421896, member: 411258"]Thanks, we did a lagoon view room as we like to sit on a balcony & I am an AP so the rate was not too much more, but was a little concerned about noise, because will be spending a lot of time at the resort. Thanks for the feed back & YES we will see you there

Just to warn you, lagoon view from Hawaii is of the bungalows. They block the view of the castle on the first floor except between the huts. And I'm pretty sure the second floor rooms don't have balconies, but I could be wrong. So if you're planning on sitting outside and watching the fireworks, be aware that the huts will block some of your view.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for that info, I requested a 3rd floor room for the balcony (I also heard that the 2nd floor do not have balconys) I wouldn't have minded a garden view if the oasis pool was not going to be under construction. I didn't do the TPV because I heard the lounge does such a great job with the firework view so at that time probably be in the lounge if we are at resort. I just didn't want to be looking at construction walls. This is our first stay there is TPV worth it?
Thanks for the info! I always get both excited & nervous when I try a new resort!

Does anybody know how expensive it is to purchase breakfast items for your room ie: milk, bagels, cereal from the store in Polynesian. Would it be better to just order ahead of time? I don't mind spending a little bit of a premium but cannot justify something like $7.00 for a bag of bagels. Any thoughts?

Amazing thread! Thank you for putting it together! DH and I will be staying at the Poly for the first time next month and I'm extremely excited! I saw that there is a Memory Maker area in the GCH. What exactly do they do there?
It's s station where you can review your photos, ask questions or purchase the cd and possibly other products associated with memory maker. I've used it here and there if photos were missing from the day.

Thanks for that info, I requested a 3rd floor room for the balcony (I also heard that the 2nd floor do not have balconys) I wouldn't have minded a garden view if the oasis pool was not going to be under construction. I didn't do the TPV because I heard the lounge does such a great job with the firework view so at that time probably be in the lounge if we are at resort. I just didn't want to be looking at construction walls. This is our first stay there is TPV worth it?
Thanks for the info! I always get both excited & nervous when I try a new resort![/QUOTE]

Others will feel differently, but this is our personal opinion based on our trips to Poly CL. Right before the bungalow construction began, we stayed 1st floor CL and LOVED it -- it was the best trip we've ever had...not just because of the spectacular view (bungalow-free), but also because whenever we had a little down-time in our room, our kids could just run outside in the sand and play and we could see them right from our room/patio. The next trip to Poly, we actually got the exact same room (booked at TPV) except now the bungalow construction had begun so we lost that fabulous view (they reduced our rate down to a LV). We went to Poly again a few months later and booked TPV again but requested 3rd floor (and got it). The view was great, needless to say, however we felt like part of our fun was missing, and it was because of not being on the 1st floor. SO, fast forward to our upcoming trip this July. What do I do? Book TPV and most likely get 3rd floor with that fabulous view? Or book LV and quite possibly get a 1st floor room which we loved so much but we will lose the fabulous view. In the end, I booked a LV room with a request for full balcony/patio. I figure that it will give us a good chance of getting the 1st floor, which we'd be very happy with, or possibly a 3rd floor room which would give us a better view. It will be interesting to see what we get. Either way, I can't wait to get there!

Last edited:
Love the new page!

I just learned from the Club Level Itinerary Planning Office that since the renovations are complete on the bungalows that there are no longer any garden view rooms with lagoon views in Hawaii. All garden view club level rooms are facing the East Pool, which will be under construction in September.

EDIT - I am little late to the party on this one! Just read some previous posts!

I actually did not see this info, so thanks for posting! I'm glad I booked a LV room -- the thought passed in my mind if I should gamble and book GV and request to be on the LV side. Glad I didn't take the gamble.

Does anybody know how expensive it is to purchase breakfast items for your room ie: milk, bagels, cereal from the store in Polynesian. Would it be better to just order ahead of time? I don't mind spending a little bit of a premium but cannot justify something like $7.00 for a bag of bagels. Any thoughts?
I pack bagels and instant oatmeal. It prob wouldn't be hard packing a bag of cereal in one of the carry ons? Then you can just supplement fresh items you need like milk out of resort shop.

If you google the menu you will find it. The mouse for less has it and an example is cereal with milk is $4.49 just as an example.

Why oh why did they have to put those stupid bungalows in front of Hawaii? It breaks my heart that many of the views from that building have been diminished.

wait until you actually see it. you.have.no idea.

I pack bagels and instant oatmeal. It prob wouldn't be hard packing a bag of cereal in one of the carry ons? Then you can just supplement fresh items you need like milk out of resort shop.

We have packed cereals and granola bars in the past. Haven't tried bagels yet..... maybe I'll do it this time. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!