Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just found availability and switched (from WL to PR) because the pool was finally open... Now I heard that it's currently closed (today)... Anybody know what happened?

Hopefully it will be fixed soon...

I've just found availability and switched (from WL to PR) because the pool was finally open... Now I heard that it's currently closed (today)... Anybody know what happened?

Hopefully it will be fixed soon...

Read some speculation about a potty accident :scared:

In trying to decide on a longhouse to request, I would LOVE to see pictures of the views from the window of rooms from each of the longhouses! I think that would be a great addition to this beautiful new thread!

In trying to decide on a longhouse to request, I would LOVE to see pictures of the views from the window of rooms from each of the longhouses! I think that would be a great addition to this beautiful new thread!

Agreed! I will be working on it. I don't want to take pictures that we don't have permission to use, so I'm going to dig through some older Poly threads to get pictures that had been used in them. I will try to get them up over the next couple of days. In the meantime, if you have any thoughts as to what you might be looking for in a longhouse we can try and give you some advice!

Ok. The bulk of the work is done on the new thread. I still need to make a few banners for new things and get pictures of updated facilities and buildings. This thread will continue to be a work in progress, just like the resort itself.

I apologize for the several obnoxiously large photos. Even though I resized and uploaded them again I can't seem to get them to display at a reasonable size.

As I mentioned in a previous post I don't want to use pictures that either I don't have permission to use or that haven't been used in previous threads.
I could really use some help in acquiring the pictures I need to help make this thread more complete. If anyone is currently at the Poly or planning on staying in the near future I need pictures of the following:

• the rock formation in the lobby with Maui tiki on top
  • the Lava Pool
  • Kiki Tiki's splash area
  • Trader Sam's (including the patio)
  • Captain Cook's patio
  • DVC - bungalows and villas
  • the main entrance
  • the new marina building
  • the Tonga Suites (the pictures in the old thread are from before the room refurb)
Thank you so much!

Last edited:

Question for those who went there recently:

The last time I've stayed at the Poly there was two things I loved... The water feature in the lobby and the torches/tiki lamps (fire) along the pathways at night.

I like the new pool better. I'll always miss the old water feature in the lobby but I like the new one a lot.

But what happened to the tiki lamps, are they still there? *fingers crossed*

Question for those who went there recently:

The last time I've stayed at the Poly there was two things I loved... The water feature in the lobby and the torches/tiki lamps (fire) along the pathways at night.

I like the new pool better. I'll always miss the old water feature in the lobby but I like the new one a lot.

But what happened to the tiki lamps, are they still there? *fingers crossed*

We were just there a few weeks ago, but unfortunately we were in Tuvalu, so not walking at night where there would normally be torches. I have heard that they are temporarily not functioning around the core of the resort because they cut the gas off during construction. I would think they will have them functioning again at some future time. Sorry, that wasn't very helpful!

We were just there a few weeks ago, but unfortunately we were in Tuvalu, so not walking at night where there would normally be torches. I have heard that they are temporarily not functioning around the core of the resort because they cut the gas off during construction. I would think they will have them functioning again at some future time. Sorry, that wasn't very helpful!

I'm sad to hear that... But at least now I know so I won't expect them to be lighten.

This thread is great and is very helpful. Looking forward to my first stay at the poly this summer! I have a question for any poly experts. This summer the east pool will be closed. I was going to request Rarotonga because I want to be close to the GCH, parking lot (we will have a car and prefer to drive to HS and AK ect),and not to far from the main lava pool. With the construction at the quiet pool I'm thinking this may not be a good idea being that Rarotonga is so close to it? Any advice? Which longhouse would you choose if you were me?

The Polynesian Village resort offers a number of shopping options for visitors and guests.
4ce11.jpg

Thank you for such great information! We'll be staying there for the first time this summer and it was very helpful to read. I like the bigger pictures, but I have old eyes. :)

Mahalo nui loa for the beautiful thread Maiapapaya! I know it is even more work than usual to manage with all the changes, you are awesome!

Mahalo maiapapaya! The photos are fabulous, and I appreciate your time and effort to carry on the Poly thread and keep our tiki spirits happy. :sunny: (We need a torch-carrying smiley.)

Agreed! I will be working on it. I don't want to take pictures that we don't have permission to use, so I'm going to dig through some older Poly threads to get pictures that had been used in them. I will try to get them up over the next couple of days. In the meantime, if you have any thoughts as to what you might be looking for in a longhouse we can try and give you some advice!

Touring plans has an option to see approximate room views in different longhouses.

Thanks for the new thread! I looks awesome!!! We will be at Poly staying CL at the end of June. I'd be happy to take a bunch of pictures for you to include on the site. So excited for our 4th of July stay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter