Disney's MaxPass worth it if I have to line up at Guest Services?

Is MaxPass worth purchasing?

• YES

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • NO

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
^^This... is easy to see the return times on all the attractions via the app.
Oh, do you mean you can go and look at times without being in the MP reservation system tab?

I see that but that isn’t very helpful if the hope is to catch a canceled time.

Yeah that would be helpful if someone could please clarify how to see what other attractions are available without cancelling an existing FP. I'm still a bit confused about how people are picking up more than one at a time. Is that because some rides will show up with the option to get a FP for them even though someone might have existing FP selections booked?

And BTW, I spoke to Disney Guest services yesterday and finally had further clarification about comp tickets. I won't need to go to Guest services to have them swapped out (phew) but it also can't be done the day before it can only be done at the turnstile. So apparently the cast member at the turnstile just swaps them out then and there. Then I could scan them to the app and purchase MP for them. Sounds easy enough, and from what I was told it shouldn't take long at all. :)

Yeah that would be helpful if someone could please clarify how to see what other attractions are available without cancelling an existing FP. I'm still a bit confused about how people are picking up more than one at a time. Is that because some rides will show up with the option to get a FP for them even though someone might have existing FP selections booked?
Say I get an FP via MP at 10:00 for RSR. My return time is 2:30. At 11:30, I am eligible to get another FP. I go for Space Mountain with a return time of 3:00. At 1:00, I'm eligible for another FP, and I get Incredicoaster with a return time of 2:00 (note that I'm making these times up). At 2:00, I'm eligible for another FP because my window for IC has opened, and I go for Soarin' with a return time of 3:30. I now have four valid FPs that I haven't yet used.

Say I get an FP via MP at 10:00 for RSR. My return time is 2:30. At 11:30, I am eligible to get another FP. I go for Space Mountain with a return time of 3:00. At 1:00, I'm eligible for another FP, and I get Incredicoaster with a return time of 2:00 (note that I'm making these times up). At 2:00, I'm eligible for another FP because my window for IC has opened, and I go for Soarin' with a return time of 3:30. I now have four valid FPs that I haven't yet used.

Oh wow ok I didn't realize this that you could keep choosing a new FP every 90 minutes whether or not you have used your other FP. This makes it even better! Does MP allow you to overlap return windows unlike FP+?

Oh wow ok I didn't realize this that you could keep choosing a new FP every 90 minutes whether or not you have used your other FP. This makes it even better! Does MP allow you to overlap return windows unlike FP+?
Yes it does.

I would highly encourage those unfamiliar to check out Casey from
Disneyland daily’s blog about maxpass. She is the pro. And her touring plans for both parks.

You can totally bank fastpasses using maxpass. We were there the absolute craziests days last year (dec 27-29th) and on our first day we walked into Disneyland park at 7am with magic morning and used maxpass to pull a fastpass for RSR (if you have a hopper you can pull for the other park) with a return of 830. It allowed us to pull another one at 830 I think so I pulled soarin, and then we could pull another one a 9 or something and I pulled screaming. I know that by the time we went to DCA to use the RSR one within the window I had 3 stacked already for DCA.

Yes (with one exception; you CANNOT pull another FP for a ride for which you already have one which you haven’t yet used). You can also stack traditional paper FPs, but less so, because instead of the Maxpass’s maximum 90 mins until the next pass, those don’t allow you to get another until 120 mins later. In my experience, those extra 30 mins add up.

Also, with Maxpass you can continue drawing FPs while taking a mid-day break at your hotel. One day we were resting at D-Land Hotel. I had noticed on the app that Space Mountain has gone off line on and off that morning, so I gambled & got a FP with a return time we were unlikely to make. Lo & behold, the ride went down & our FPs automatically converted to “use any time (almost) anywhere” multi-experience FPs that we got to use later that afternoon!

In my experience, canceled FPs with earlier than the regular paper FP return time are gone very quickly, so I don’t think it’s realistic to see one, cancel the one you’re already holding, and then get the earlier return time, because in the bit of time this takes, somebody else is likely to have already snagged it up.

However, getting canceled FPs can be a sweet Maxpass benefit later in the day, when you are eligible to get another FP, but anything you would like to ride already ran out of FPs for the day.

One afternoon I kept checking & refreshing the FP selection window in the app, even though we had already left the parks, just out of curiosity & “for science.” Canceled passes did pop up here & there but were gone again almost immediately—so a quick decision & a fast trigger finger are great assets in this case...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!