Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

I was pretty pleased with Magical Express in general and the baggage handling. I did misunderstand that your bags will arrive in your room within approximately three hours of your arrival AT YOUR RESORT, however. I thought it was within 3 hours of landing at MCO, so I talked to someone at Bell Services that assured me that our bags had arrived at the resort, but they just hadn't had anyone deliver them just yet, but the gal I spoke to was super nice about it.

We are flying in this weekend and scheduled to land around 12:15. Don't need the bags right away but would like to have them before dinnertime, by around 5/5:30. Absent some delay in our flight or arrival at our hotel, should I assume this is reasonable? I remember reading somewhere that they are sometimes running late with the bags but rarely at the Deluxe resorts (we are staying at WL). Any truth to this? We are flying jet blue and I'm not even sure if their baggage carousels are anywhere close to the ME counter? If they are maybe we are better off handling our own.

We are flying in this weekend and scheduled to land around 12:15. Don't need the bags right away but would like to have them before dinnertime, by around 5/5:30. Absent some delay in our flight or arrival at our hotel, should I assume this is reasonable? I remember reading somewhere that they are sometimes running late with the bags but rarely at the Deluxe resorts (we are staying at WL). Any truth to this? We are flying jet blue and I'm not even sure if their baggage carousels are anywhere close to the ME counter? If they are maybe we are better off handling our own.
No truth to that. Bags are about 4 hours after arrive at your resort. Any resort. Doesn't matter which level of resort. Deluxe isn't faster, others are not slower.

All I can tell you is that our flight arrived at 4:20pm at MCO and we had our bags around 9pm that night, but we were staying at POR, not a deluxe.

We have a split stay coming up in April. We've already received our DME mailing with luggage tags for the first part of our stay. The letter does not have our departing flight info, which I expected since we booked that leg of the DME as part of our second resort reservation. Should I expect to get a second DME mailing with our departure information?

No. You won't get another mailing. Since you have a split stay, there are two separate reservations. You only get the DME mailing for the airport - resort piece of the stay. Since you are not using DME going back to the airport on that FIRST reservation, your return flight doesn't show. You will get your "eviction notice" from Tragical Express, along with your puck up time, the day before you check out of the second resort.

You can always call MDE directly to check on the return reservation, if you want. But I wouldn't be concerned about it. If you don't receive the pick up time the day before your return trip, then for sure call them and get it scheduled.

Steve

No. You won't get another mailing. Since you have a split stay, there are two separate reservations. You only get the DME mailing for the airport - resort piece of the stay. Since you are not using DME going back to the airport on that FIRST reservation, your return flight doesn't show. You will get your "eviction notice" from Tragical Express, along with your puck up time, the day before you check out of the second resort.

You can always call MDE directly to check on the return reservation, if you want. But I wouldn't be concerned about it. If you don't receive the pick up time the day before your return trip, then for sure call them and get it scheduled.

Steve

Thank you so much for the response! Much appreciated. And Tragical Express made me :rotfl:.

Does anyone have experience shipping golf clubs using the Magical Express? I plan on tagging my golf clubs, my only concern is that the clubs don't come out with regular luggage, they come out with the over sized luggage. Do I need to make a note of this or inform someone?

I made arrangements yesterday for DME. 1 person in our party had to change flight days today due to a work conflict. I called DME to change reservation, but info "isn't in the system yet" and won't be for another 24 - 48 hrs.
Agent told me I don't actually need to change the info; that traveler can just put the tags on whenever she flies and it won't make a difference.
Can anyone confirm or deny this?
I would just continue to call back, but it's complicated by the fact that we reserved room via Expedia so there is no Disney Reservation Number, so every phone call entails at least 15 - 20 minutes before getting the info straight.
Thanks!

I made arrangements yesterday for DME. 1 person in our party had to change flight days today due to a work conflict. I called DME to change reservation, but info "isn't in the system yet" and won't be for another 24 - 48 hrs.
Agent told me I don't actually need to change the info; that traveler can just put the tags on whenever she flies and it won't make a difference.
Can anyone confirm or deny this?
I would just continue to call back, but it's complicated by the fact that we reserved room via Expedia so there is no Disney Reservation Number, so every phone call entails at least 15 - 20 minutes before getting the info straight.
Thanks!
Correct. The DME tag is not connect to a specific flight, it's connected to your specific resort reservation. They can use the tag, no problem.

it appears the online form no longer works to set up DME/get tags? I tried on two different browsers,just got a 404 error..... I'm guessing we need to call?

Correct. The DME tag is not connect to a specific flight, it's connected to your specific resort reservation. They can use the tag, no problem.
Thank you for clarifying that. So she should just continue to the DME loading zone and be on her way even tho she's arriving 2 days later than originally planned?

Oh - and 1 more thing: since we'll each only be getting 1 tag, I've read that we can just show our additional luggage tags to the DME personnel. I assume we do that at the loading area?

Thank you again for your help.

Thank you for clarifying that. So she should just continue to the DME loading zone and be on her way even tho she's arriving 2 days later than originally planned?
As long as her name is on the reservation, yes. That's where it matters. They are used to people arriving on different days all the time. DH did it last summer on our trip. DGD and I had been here for 2 days, I had his name on the room for the entire trip but work kept him at home for 2 days before he could come join us. There were no problems.

Oh - and 1 more thing: since we'll each only be getting 1 tag, I've read that we can just show our additional luggage tags to the DME personnel. I assume we do that at the loading area?

Yes, you can do that. It's done all the time. Give DME your claim check(s) for the bags without the yellow DME tags on them and DME will go to baggage claim and pull your bags for transport to your resort. Or, just call DME at (866) 599-0951 and ask then to send you additional yellow tags.

Either way works.

Steve

Hint - don't make our mistake, keep the tags that belong to the bag with the yellow tags separate from the tags with the bags without the yellow tags. If you don't, ME staff have to take them ALL down and then figure out which they need, and which they don't. It didn't dawn on me to separate them till after we got them all from the airline employee. In hindsight it would have been best to just not use yellow tags at all and give the Disney CM all our claim checks. Which is what we've done on future trips.

We will be taking ME in june and our flight arrives around 4.... Is there any way to keep luggage with me? We will only have one bag checked at airport.... hate to be without it for four hours.....

I think I just read that if I don't use yellow tags... I can claim my bag myself and get it when I get off the bus vs. waiting.. is that correct? If so, awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!