Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

No, each guest gets one tag. You can call DME and ask them to send you more.
We just got ours in the mail today (think it was a glitch since our trip isn't until March?) anywho.... we each got 2 tags... 6 tags for hubby, daughter and i .... 4 more for inlaws.

We just got ours in the mail today (think it was a glitch since our trip isn't until March?) anywho.... we each got 2 tags... 6 tags for hubby, daughter and i .... 4 more for inlaws.
Wow! That's terrific. I just got mine for my trip the end of this month, only one tag pp.

who are you flying with? Maybe its becuase we are flying southwest and sw allows 2 bags pp?
I fly both SW and JB.....I haven't had two tags sent, pp, in years! Even when I fly SW, which I have in the last 6 months, I still get just the one tag. Unless they are starting something new.
Last Sept, my dd started the Disney College Program....the three of us flew down to Orlando with six checked bags...all her 'stuff'. I had to call DME and have them send three addtl tags! So, they weren't automatically sending 2 pp then!!!

I fly both SW and JB.....I haven't had two tags sent, pp, in years! Even when I fly SW, which I have in the last 6 months, I still get just the one tag. Unless they are starting something new.
Last Sept, my dd started the Disney College Program....the three of us flew down to Orlando with six checked bags...all her 'stuff'. I had to call DME and have them send three addtl tags! So, they weren't automatically sending 2 pp then!!!
interesting! First time I have flown and used MDE so this is all new to me. I thought it was the "norm". I was also able to check in wayyyy early too!

We just got ours tags last week, missing 2 people and only one tag per person. I called to fix the missing person and the lady told me they would pick up our luggage even tho we get in at 12:25am. I just wanna laugh sometimes when they say things like that. But will they grab it then bring it the next day or does it go round and round on the carousel and then the lost luggage person picks it up and locks it in the left luggage room tell the next day?

We just got ours tags last week, missing 2 people and only one tag per person. I called to fix the missing person and the lady told me they would pick up our luggage even tho we get in at 12:25am. I just wanna laugh sometimes when they say things like that. But will they grab it then bring it the next day or does it go round and round on the carousel and then the lost luggage person picks it up and locks it in the left luggage room tell the next day?
Technically all of that.
It will go round and round on the carousel
The lost luggage person will pick it up and lock it in the left luggage area with all the other yellow tagged bags
Then they'll come around the next day and pick up all of them and bring them to Disney and to your room

You're only supposed to get one tag per person. DME isn't there to pick up bags between 10:00 pm and 5:00 am, but I don't know what happens to luggage with DME tags that comes through during that time.

Thanks, my only other concern is how would I know if they really made it, Alaska lost our luggage on our trip to Hawaii this year (first time with lost luggage)

I read somewhere when DME first started that no Disney-yellow-tagged luggage goes out on the carosel. It is held in some back area and gets delivered the next day. I guess if it's stuff you don't need the next morning (maybe keep a carry on with you for minimal needs) you wouldn't have to deal with picking it up at MCO.
When we have late arrivals we skip the yellow tags and get it ourselves. It's just a peace of mind thing with me. Maybe it's just my imagination but when we have a very late arrival, after 9pm, it seems we are waiting an extra long time for other planes to arrive since the buses are so empty. And it never fails that there's 4 resort stops and ours is the last one.

Last time, we just hired a private driver. For $60 we were halfway to our hotel before the bus would have pulled out, and we got a quickie grocery stop too.:thumbsup2 Dh gets cranky after midnight. lol

I read somewhere when DME first started that no Disney-yellow-tagged luggage goes out on the carosel. It is held in some back area and gets delivered the next day. I guess if it's stuff you don't need the next morning (maybe keep a carry on with you for minimal needs) you wouldn't have to deal with picking it up at MCO.
When we have late arrivals we skip the yellow tags and get it ourselves. It's just a peace of mind thing with me. Maybe it's just my imagination but when we have a very late arrival, after 9pm, it seems we are waiting an extra long time for other planes to arrive since the buses are so empty. And it never fails that there's 4 resort stops and ours is the last one.

Last time, we just hired a private driver. For $60 we were halfway to our hotel before the bus would have pulled out, and we got a quickie grocery stop too.:thumbsup2 Dh gets cranky after midnight. lol
That is 100% incorrect after 10:00 (correct prior to 10:00)
In May our flight was due to arrive prior to 10:00 so we put our yellow tags on. But it got delayed and it was after 10:00 when we landed. I had to go get our bags, even though they had yellow tags on them.
All the bags came to baggage claim. There was a lot of bags with yellow tags coming through. A lot. The airline was also out there pulling the bags off that no one claimed. I spoke to them and asked what they did. They put them aside all together and they wait all night in an area in their offices till the Bags Inc people come back in the next morning, when they come around and gather them all up.

So I wonder if that happens all the time or just because you guys where late? I know they pull the left over suitcases but I’m wondering if any suitcases end up missing because other people take them since there not being pulled right away and there left tell the end

Does anyone know how ME works with split stays? I registered online, and there was only one spot for a hotel reservation number. I realized after I submitted the form, that our return flights are going to show up way past our check out date for the first part of our stay. I'm thinking I should have made two separate requests, one for arrival with our first hotel stay's reservation number. Then a second for departure with the second hotel stay's number.

Do you guys think I should call to add the second reservation number or will it all link together anyway since it is all on my MDE account? I'd rather not call if I don't have to. I have bad phone anxiety.

Does anyone know how ME works with split stays? I registered online, and there was only one spot for a hotel reservation number. I realized after I submitted the form, that our return flights are going to show up way past our check out date for the first part of our stay. I'm thinking I should have made two separate requests, one for arrival with our first hotel stay's reservation number. Then a second for departure with the second hotel stay's number.

Do you guys think I should call to add the second reservation number or will it all link together anyway since it is all on my MDE account? I'd rather not call if I don't have to. I have bad phone anxiety.

I've always made 2 separate requests for split stays.

Magical Express is great when it works. We experienced a flight cancellation and had to reroute in the middle of the trip. As a result ME never picked up our bags after we finally arrived. It took a day and a half for them to finally find our bags and deliver them to the hotel. I will never use the yellow tags again.

I suspect this wasn't an issue with Magical Express at all. Since you rerouted mid-trip, your bags probably took a day or so to actually make it to Orlando.

Magical Express is great when it works. We experienced a flight cancellation and had to reroute in the middle of the trip. As a result ME never picked up our bags after we finally arrived. It took a day and a half for them to finally find our bags and deliver them to the hotel. I will never use the yellow tags again.
Was it do to flight reroute? Did the airline pay for you to get some new clothsand such fornthose days? It happened on our last trip and I never want to go through that again.

So I wonder if that happens all the time or just because you guys where late? I know they pull the left over suitcases but I’m wondering if any suitcases end up missing because other people take them since there not being pulled right away and there left tell the end
According to the staff at the airlines, all the time. But, the only bags with yellow tags that get through to baggage claim are those from flights that were late, or flight changed in some way. If they arrive before 10:00 they won't make it to baggage claim. But at 10:00, the Bags, Inc employees leave. There is no one to pull them so they have no where to go but to claim with all the other bags. They can't/won't get pulled aside when there is no one working to pull them aside.

If you look at the form online you'll see there are 2 boxes to check. You check 1 for arrival, fill in that info. Then you fill in the form again, checking the box for departure and fill in that info.

Or you can call

If you look at the form online you'll see there are 2 boxes to check. You check 1 for arrival, fill in that info. Then you fill in the form again, checking the box for departure and fill in that info.

Or you can call

Or you can wait and do it when you check in.

We are a party of 9 in 2 rooms, but I just booked all 9 MDE under my reservation number since we're all on the same flight. So, I assume all of the luggage will be delivered to my room? Is there anything on the tags that allows me to note the other reservation # for half of our party?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!