Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

You might consider a Disney Value room for the night, if it suits you. We found them way cheaper than the Hyatt in most cases. Disney will deliver us, and our bags, we can handle it for a single night, seeing how cheap they are, and then Disney moves us and our bags to our resort the next morning. Just a thought, in case it hadn't occurred to you.

Thanks but we are a party of 5 and don't think we can fit in a value. We can get a government rate at the Hyatt of $124. I might also use points and stay at a Marriott for free within 2 miles of the airport.

Thanks but we are a party of 5 and don't think we can fit in a value. We can get a government rate at the Hyatt of $124. I might also use points and stay at a Marriott for free within 2 miles of the airport.
Yeah, not a standard value. Disney seems to hold it against folks who have more than 2 kids (just kidding) but they do make it hard to have more than 4 and keep it economical.

With 5 the lowest cost would be POR but I don't think you can get it less than $124, though I haven't seen Military rates. May be worth checking, just for the ease in transportation, if it appeals to you

If I booked magical express AFTER my magic bands have already shipped, will I still get my luggage tags in the mail? Or will I need To go get my own bags after we land?

Thanks guys!

P.s. We arrive February 6 and I booked my magical express on January 8, if that helps.

If I booked magical express AFTER my magic bands have already shipped, will I still get my luggage tags in the mail? Or will I need To go get my own bags after we land?

Thanks guys!

P.s. We arrive February 6 and I booked my magical express on January 8, if that helps.
Luggage tags that come with MB and ME tags are two different things
ME tags are the yellow tags that are put on bags so they know to get those bags off the plane
Luggage tags that come with MB are just name tags to put on your bag. They are given to anyone booking a package, doesn't matter if you are flying or driving.
ME tags are mailed separately and yes, if you sign up for ME, they will mail them.

Luggage tags that come with MB and ME tags are two different things
ME tags are the yellow tags that are put on bags so they know to get those bags off the plane
Luggage tags that come with MB are just name tags to put on your bag. They are given to anyone booking a package, doesn't matter if you are flying or driving.
ME tags are mailed separately and yes, if you sign up for ME, they will mail them.

Ok. I was worried they would send them as a "package". I've had to carry my own bags onto ME before but that was because it was a spur of the moment trip, and I booked 2 days out. I will watch for them in the mail. Thanks!

Ok. I was worried they would send them as a "package". I've had to carry my own bags onto ME before but that was because it was a spur of the moment trip, and I booked 2 days out. I will watch for them in the mail. Thanks!
Even if you book last minute and you don't get the yellow tags you never have to get your bags. All you do is give the CM at the counter your claim checks. They'll grab the bags from baggage claim and deliver them to your room

Help! I accidentally put my arrival at home time instead of my departure from the airport time on my return ME information. The flight is correct -- will they catch this and give me an appropriate return time to the airport?
TIA!

Maria :upsidedow

Help! I accidentally put my arrival at home time instead of my departure from the airport time on my return ME information. The flight is correct -- will they catch this and give me an appropriate return time to the airport?
TIA!

Maria :upsidedow
I would not expect them to catch it. I'd call

Magic Express Tag issue: Traveling for princess in just a few days. Our agent just sent out the ME tags on weds (not sure why,we won't be using her again) and she sent them to the wrong person (my roommate has my tag and i got her tag today). So frustrated! we are traveling from 2 different airports/arriving totally different times, ect. Not sure what to do! will they get the luggage correctly if they have the other person's name on the tag?

we are staying at a moderate so I am anxious about dragging my big ole suitcase along with everything else and was looking forward to the ease of ME getting my luggage.

Magic Express Tag issue: Traveling for princess in just a few days. Our agent just sent out the ME tags on weds (not sure why,we won't be using her again) and she sent them to the wrong person (my roommate has my tag and i got her tag today). So frustrated! we are traveling from 2 different airports/arriving totally different times, ect. Not sure what to do! will they get the luggage correctly if they have the other person's name on the tag?

we are staying at a moderate so I am anxious about dragging my big ole suitcase along with everything else and was looking forward to the ease of ME getting my luggage.
I assume that you'll be at the same resort, in the same room? If so, no problem. No one is going to care what the DME tag says at the airport. It matters when that bag gets offloaded at MCO. And they have no way of knowing who flew in with which bag!!! So, tag your bag and forget about it. It should all be fine.

I have a couple of questions that are probably answered here somewhere and I'm sorry but I'm not really looking to read thru 114 pages to find them so here goes.

First, we don't know yet what's going on with our DS for our summer trip. He is supposed to find a co-op as part of his college major requirements but hasn't officially landed anything yet. If he does get one we don't know where he'll be or even if he'll be able to maybe join us for a weekend or something. We're driving down for this trip but if he's not with us and can fly down to meet us then we would want to arrange for him to have MDE transportation to / from MCO without us. Is that allowed - is there anything I need to know about trying to arrange for that when the time comes? Do I just call DVC member services & talk to them once we know if he can come or not?

Second, DH and I are planning a short trip for F&W at the end of Sept. I all of a sudden now have a conference type thing to go to in Orlando in Sept. so we're adjusting our trip dates around that I am going to be going down on a Sunday for the thing and then he will fly down on Wed. on the last day of my conference and we will meet up on Wed. evening to start our DVC stay. I guess I will probably UBER over from wherever I'm staying for the conference. Anyway, we've never not arrived together. We will want to arrange for DME for his arrival and then for the both of us together for our departure. Do I just arrange for DME as if we're arriving together and then I'm just not there on the arrival end? Or do they keep track of who's arrived & who hasn't and if I don't check in for the arrival they don't allow for me on the return trip?

I'm sure these are probably simple answers...I'm just overthinking the process. THANKS!

Does anyone know if we need to call Disney to request replacement yellow tags? We already received our tags, but then switched hotels. The tags we have show the old resort. Will they automatically send us new ones or should I call?

Does anyone know if we need to call Disney to request replacement yellow tags? We already received our tags, but then switched hotels. The tags we have show the old resort. Will they automatically send us new ones or should I call?
Call. Even if it should be automatic would you want to depend on the info being transferred correctly?

If the reservation number didn't change, you shouldn't need new tags - the information is coded in the bar code. If that's the case, you would only need to cross out the old hotel and write in the new one in case someone just goes by the hotel name that's printed on the tag instead of scanning the bar code.

Hello All, I've been reading through, and searching, a lot of the posts here. I am concerned about travel/Magical Express arrangements for a young gentleman who will be joining us at Disney World as our guest from another country. I have some etiquette as well as procedural questions.

I am not sure yet if his flight will arrive anytime close to ours. We will arrive around 2:30. He might be really early at the airport, or late.

Etiquette Question: He is our daughter's boyfriend. We like him a lot. He will have a 9 hour flight or so. At home we would go to the airport to greet him, and bring him home. At Disney it is not so clear. Should he hang around for us if he is early? Should we wait for him if he is really late? Should we leave our daughter at the airport to wait for him, while we go ahead to the resort and check in/settle things - there may be an issue with this, as she is the primary on a second room. I don't think that I will be allowed to check in for her.

Being Practical vs. Welcoming:
I would like to encourage him, if he arrives early, to take ME to the resort, check his bag with bell services, and have him enjoy himself at the resort. Since he is on the reservation, will he be able to have access to the pool? If he will not get to the airport until late, I thought it would make sense for us to go ahead to the resort, and have him meet us there. It feels a little sad, though, if he were to come in, find his way around, all alone after the long flight. It feels like something much nicer for him to do with our daughter, or with us all together. Our daughter visited with his family, and they were so welcoming and gracious - the idea of his coming in late and alone makes me a bit sad. Advice here is very welcome.

Magical Express Voucher Question:
I will be sent the ME package - if we decide to arrive at the resort separately, how do I make sure that he receives his voucher? What if I mail it and he doesn't receive it? I thought I could scan it and mail it to him, so he could show it on his phone in case it doesn't get there in time. Has anyone done that?

Any and all advice welcome! Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts