(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That trip was booked at SOG and someone posted SOG is closed through June, so that could be the reason. However, I saw 2 other posts with cancelled trips mid June (dates between 6/12-6/20), so I'm not sure just what's happening. It's just so hard to plan anything without knowing what Disney's thinking.

I've been going back and forth about August, but just can't pull the trigger to book....lol. Guess I'm waiting to see what happens with the restrictions (mandatory masks, etc) before I do anything. Hope your August trip goes as planned and you have a great time :goodvibes.

I will assume it has to do with the start date. I guess if the start date falls within the canceled dates, the entire trip will get canceled. It really stinks ☹ I wish you could get answers so you could make a decision!! Hopefully sooner than later!!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻 For you !!!! Thank you!

I will assume it has to do with the start date. I guess if the start date falls within the canceled dates, the entire trip will get canceled. It really stinks ☹ I wish you could get answers so you could make a decision!! Hopefully sooner than later!!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻 For you !!!! Thank you!

I was thinking the same thing...it does stink for those trips that might start 6/12 or 6/13 but end up getting cancelled even if the remaining nights are outside that shut down period. Hopefully things will open up soon!

Thanks...I hope so too! :)

Rescuing from the second page to ask about room views. I’m doing some research now on the Deluxe King rooms in the main building, we plan to request one of the turret rooms through the Touring Plans service but it’s hard to find info on there or YouTube. Do all of the turret rooms have castle views or just a specific side?

FYI for all who booked GF Cabanas/Poolside Patios, my reservation disappeared today. One more thing to rebook! :mad:

FYI for all who booked GF Cabanas/Poolside Patios, my reservation disappeared today. One more thing to rebook! :mad:

Sorry to hear that. I have read on a couple different threads that cabanas disappeared off MDE. I’m not sure if it’s because they are eliminating them all together from being booked, or they are having people rebook at 60 days. Nobody really knows anything for sure right now. Hopefully we’ll get more answers soon!

Reactions: S22
Sorry to hear that. I have read on a couple different threads that cabanas disappeared off MDE. I’m not sure if it’s because they are eliminating them all together from being booked, or they are having people rebook at 60 days. Nobody really knows anything for sure right now. Hopefully we’ll get more answers soon!
I'm beginning to suspect, as others have speculated, that they are moving to a new software platform and need to wipe out all existing reservations on the old system. I doubt they'll pass up the revenue from reserved pool seating. I'm hopeful I'll be able to rebook. My trip is at the end of October, so plenty of time for them to figure it all out.

Disney said “ADRs and experiences” were being wiped out and everyone was so focused on the former that the latter slipped under the radar. “Experiences” include cabana rentals so I’m not surprised. Think of things you have to call WDW-PLAY to book...cabanas, spas, tours, etc.

I just wonder if all that will also go to booking at 60 days like ADRs did.

Rescuing from the second page to ask about room views. I’m doing some research now on the Deluxe King rooms in the main building, we plan to request one of the turret rooms through the Touring Plans service but it’s hard to find info on there or YouTube. Do all of the turret rooms have castle views or just a specific side?
Deluxe kings are 2nd floor 4201-09 , nine rooms with balcony and castle view.

The turrets are harder to get. There are 6. 3 of them have views of pool area/not sure if see castle. The back 3 more of beach pool and mono/back of resort. I have had the one.

I'm sure everyone else has this on their radar too but I'm kinda worried for the monorail to not be running when Disney opens - we have a reservation for Aug 26th, so about 6 weeks after the parks open, but one of the things we LOVE about the GF is the monorail right to MK and I've heard rumors about only buses and water service will be open, which would still work, but I know that GF doesn't have a bus to MK....(right??) and the walkway won't be open yet or we'd take that!

so many things to wonder, and worry and WISH I was planning for! :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

I'm sure everyone else has this on their radar too but I'm kinda worried for the monorail to not be running when Disney opens - we have a reservation for Aug 26th, so about 6 weeks after the parks open, but one of the things we LOVE about the GF is the monorail right to MK and I've heard rumors about only buses and water service will be open, which would still work, but I know that GF doesn't have a bus to MK....(right??) and the walkway won't be open yet or we'd take that!

so many things to wonder, and worry and WISH I was planning for! :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

They restarted the walkway construction, so who knows, if they work quickly, it could possibly be opened by then! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Not sure how realistic it is but I hope they restrict the resort monorail to guests of the monorail resorts. I got so salty having to wait at the end of the night after fireworks to go home to Poly and then stand up on aching feet only to see the car empty out at the TTC.

The turrets are harder to get. There are 6. 3 of them have views of pool area/not sure if see castle. The back 3 more of beach pool and mono/back of resort. I have had the one.

I hope I get some pixie dust then lol!

Three of the turret rooms have castle views. 4021, 4421 and 4321. There are only 6 turret rooms and as trishadono said they are harder to get. Have DSS note your request as well as touring plans. The more places the better.

Three of the rooms have castle views with the 5th floor the best. Shhh don't tell anyone it's a secret.:rolleyes1 I've been in 5 of those rooms. :)

Not sure how realistic it is but I hope they restrict the resort monorail to guests of the monorail resorts. I got so salty having to wait at the end of the night after fireworks to go home to Poly and then stand up on aching feet only to see the car empty out at the TTC.

Yes!! We stayed there a few years ago and LOVED being on the monorail but HATED that it cleared out at the TTC - it was so crowded leaving MK....

and I wouldnt mind them restricting it to only monorail resorts.. :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Three of the turret rooms have castle views. 4021, 4421 and 4321. There are only 6 turret rooms and as trishadono said they are harder to get. Have DSS note your request as well as touring plans. The more places the better.

Three of the rooms have castle views with the 5th floor the best. Shhh don't tell anyone it's a secret.:rolleyes1 I've been in 5 of those rooms. :)
I had the 5th floor backside. Loved the ceiling!

Thank you @Maxie86 ! I am hoping to call DSS when they are back up and running with less of a skeleton crew and put in the request that way also. I would be happy anywhere they put us but hoping they will take pity on us since it'll be my 40th birthday trip. Those rooms looked absolutely gorgeous in the few pictures I saw. :love:

I had the 5th floor backside. Loved the ceiling!

I love the 5th floor I would be happy in any room up there.:love:

Thank you @Maxie86 ! I am hoping to call DSS when they are back up and running with less of a skeleton crew and put in the request that way also. I would be happy anywhere they put us but hoping they will take pity on us since it'll be my 40th birthday trip. Those rooms looked absolutely gorgeous in the few pictures I saw. :love:

You're welcome, hope you get one. I love those rooms, They are very large and they even have a walk in closet. The only negative is they do not have a balcony, I don't mind but it is a deal breaker for some

They restarted the walkway construction, so who knows, if they work quickly, it could possibly be opened by then! 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Can anyone give me an indication of how long this walkway is please? How long do you think it will take to walk to MK from GF? many thanks

Can anyone give me an indication of how long this walkway is please? How long do you think it will take to walk to MK from GF? many thanks
Using Google Earth's virtual "measuring tape" it's about 1100 meters, or about 3600 feet from The Main Building to the security checkpoint next to the boat dock at MK. For most people, that should take like 15-20 minutes to get to the checkpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter