(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for you GF experts - I am considering trying to rent a Cabana for a half day for our check-in day in November (trying to think positively - I know this trip is far from guaranteed at this point, but planning the little details makes me feel more normal!) I saw that the Cabana offers an attendant who will deliver food and drinks. Where can you order food from? I assume from the pool bars of course, but can you also order food from Private Dining and/or Gasparilla's?

Question for you GF experts - I am considering trying to rent a Cabana for a half day for our check-in day in November (trying to think positively - I know this trip is far from guaranteed at this point, but planning the little details makes me feel more normal!) I saw that the Cabana offers an attendant who will deliver food and drinks. Where can you order food from? I assume from the pool bars of course, but can you also order food from Private Dining and/or Gasparilla's?
There are menus in the cabanas and the food and drinks are from the pool bar. We didn’t ask our server if it was possible to order from anywhere else.

I don’t believe they will go to Gasparillas for you... the attendant that takes your order works for the pool bar. The attendant never gave or offered us any other options, other than what was on the menu. It’s not a far walk from the pool though, if you want something else. Have fun!

Last edited:

I'm fairly certain they will only allow you to order food from the the pool bars. It's been awhile since we've been there but I recall a menu being available in the cabana that mirrored the selection from the beach pool bar.

Thank you all! I'm going to call and see if a Cabana is available. With 3 kids, I think it would be a relaxing "home base" until our room is ready. Last year my kids were hooked on the water play area and the Courtyard pool and we didn't really get them over to the Beach pool until our last full day. The older 2 fell in love with the slide - if I remember correctly the cabanas were very close to the little bridge over the slide.

Thank you all! I'm going to call and see if a Cabana is available. With 3 kids, I think it would be a relaxing "home base" until our room is ready. Last year my kids were hooked on the water play area and the Courtyard pool and we didn't really get them over to the Beach pool until our last full day. The older 2 fell in love with the slide - if I remember correctly the cabanas were very close to the little bridge over the slide.

Yes, they are! Good luck, they’re great!

6623C378-F31F-42BA-892D-89A8BE51D2ED.jpeg

I was thinking about the cabanas for one of our resort days, since we enjoyed having a patio at the Poly before, but do you think it would be excessive for only two people? I’m thinking of it mainly for the shade, gf very much needs it.

There are Poolside Patio rentals as well as the Cabanas. I've never rented one before, but I just rented a Patio for my October trip. Looks like it's reserved seating with a large umbrella, snacks and drinks in a cooler. Cost was around $150 for all day (10A-5P). I'll be happy to post pictures and a review (fingers crossed we get to go!).

There are Poolside Patio rentals as well as the Cabanas. I've never rented one before, but I just rented a Patio for my October trip. Looks like it's reserved seating with a large umbrella, snacks and drinks in a cooler. Cost was around $150 for all day (10A-5P). I'll be happy to post pictures and a review (fingers crossed we get to go!).

Here’s what the patios look like, over at the other pool...

C2B37F02-E4FE-4E1E-8D53-D44655823A0D.jpeg

Thanks, I had no idea that was an option too. We will have to look into it.

I saw that too. Phase 1 for hotels but it won’t last forever.

My upstate NY county actually opening phase 1 this Friday. Maybe we get to go back to work soon!

I would just order room service and still go lol. Dd and I keep having dreams about it. For Mother’s Day we watched all the old vcr and dvds of Disney planning we had.

Great times!

Hope you get to go soon! Maybe mvmcp?
Sounds like fun! My daughters and I were missing our usual girls Mothers Day weekend at the hot springs! The hotel we stay at reminds us a lot of WL!
mvmcp May be a possibility! I have a Nov/Dec trip planned again with my friend.

Good question!

Seating wise they have plenty of room to space them out even spreading some up to 5th floor.

Food though, hmm, its all kind of close together.

I think they could do beverages and basic snacks with some thought.

Maybe they could require gloves and masks when we get out food n drinks then take them off to eat?
They did have a hand sanitizer station our trip March 6-9th.

I would be good with clean your hands then enter?

Wait n see I guess. I keep booking trips lol. I booked rpc 8/20-23 as another option. DD and I are besides ourselves lol.
If all goes well, we'll both be in RPC around the same time in August, Trishadono.
I would be good with just about anything. I do hope that there is some food and beverage offering. I think they will come up with something. Just need a little bit of Pixie Dust!
DD and I booked a second trip, too (lol), but for 2021. Old Faithful Club at WL.
And, boy, do I miss those planning videos arriving in the mail :)

I was thinking about the cabanas for one of our resort days, since we enjoyed having a patio at the Poly before, but do you think it would be excessive for only two people? I’m thinking of it mainly for the shade, gf very much needs it.
Since lounges are very hard to get at the Courtyard pool, and this will take even more lounges away, it would probably be a good investment to get one. We had been lucky some afternoons to snag lounges with umbrellas, this was pre cabanas, but they’re not nearly enough umbrellas.

Disney just started canceling everyone in June:sad2:. Hopefully this is the last wave of cancelations. I was supposed to be arriving June 6th. Now hoping October works but I am if I am honest, I really don't know if thats happening.

Also, I was thinking do you think RPC will still have food offerings? If so how do you think they will serve them? I think the days of buffets and self serve food are over for a long time!!!

Good luck in reserving a cabana.
Don't know if you'll have trouble renting one since cabana rentals are now open to guests from other resort.
But in November you shouldn't have much trouble

Good luck in reserving a cabana.
Don't know if you'll have trouble renting one since cabana rentals are now open to guests from other resort.
But in November you shouldn't have much trouble

Thanks, I was able to reserve a cabana! It was also less expensive than I was expecting, which was a nice bonus (I'm sure because it's "off season.") The total came to $158.69 for a half day. Now just wishing and praying that the trip really happens...

Disney just started canceling everyone in June:sad2:. Hopefully this is the last wave of cancelations.

I just read on another thread that someone's 6/26-7/1 trip was cancelled. Will be interesting to see if cancellations go into July 😕.

I have had to cancel 3 trips!

Me too :(. I have flights for August, but haven't booked a resort yet. I'm leaning toward just cancelling the flights and waiting it out to see what happens. We have a Dec trip booked, so hopefully things will be semi back to normal by then.

I just read on another thread that someone's 6/26-7/1 trip was cancelled. Will be interesting to see if cancellations go into July 😕.

Me too :(. I have flights for August, but haven't booked a resort yet. I'm leaning toward just cancelling the flights and waiting it out to see what happens. We have a Dec trip booked, so hopefully things will be semi back to normal by then.

Really?! I read they were only canceled until June 13!! I wish I didn’t cancel the other day just to see what would have happened!! I don’t think it hurts to book something now, if you really want to go. You can always cancel! Good luck deciding!

Really?! I read they were only canceled until June 13!! I wish I didn’t cancel the other day just to see what would have happened!! I don’t think it hurts to book something now, if you really want to go. You can always cancel! Good luck deciding!

That trip was booked at SOG and someone posted SOG is closed through June, so that could be the reason. However, I saw 2 other posts with cancelled trips mid June (dates between 6/12-6/20), so I'm not sure just what's happening. It's just so hard to plan anything without knowing what Disney's thinking.

I've been going back and forth about August, but just can't pull the trigger to book....lol. Guess I'm waiting to see what happens with the restrictions (mandatory masks, etc) before I do anything. Hope your August trip goes as planned and you have a great time :goodvibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter