(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the beautiful pictures @trishadono . I was wondering how the weather is? Hopefully I'll be there next year around this time with the kids...or a little earlier.

Also, did you visit the Enchanted Rose? I was wondering how it is.

Have a wonderful magical trip!!!

Not trishadono, but we were at the GF last week and visited Enchanted Rose twice. It was always pretty busy, seems to have a very nice atmosphere, and the drinks were good. Although the first night they totally screwed up my husband's drink order but that wasn't really a big deal--he just took it back and got another replacement. There was one time (Friday the 8th I believe) where there was a crowd outside the door so definitely a line to get in that day. But in general, you could always walk in a find a seat even though it always seemed busy.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the beautiful pictures @trishadono . I was wondering how the weather is? Hopefully I'll be there next year around this time with the kids...or a little earlier.

Also, did you visit the Enchanted Rose? I was wondering how it is.

Have a wonderful magical trip!!!
Thx to Christine for helping.

It was super nice weather wise. Shorts even at night! Did the pool a day too. Although it can be hit or miss. I have been in early nov and had 45 -55 and COOOOOLD. Usually though a good time to go.

We only walked through it once just to see it. Lots of seating was still available but looked like it was hoppin too.

Not trishadono, but we were at the GF last week and visited Enchanted Rose twice. It was always pretty busy, seems to have a very nice atmosphere, and the drinks were good. Although the first night they totally screwed up my husband's drink order but that wasn't really a big deal--he just took it back and got another replacement. There was one time (Friday the 8th I believe) where there was a crowd outside the door so definitely a line to get in that day. But in general, you could always walk in a find a seat even though it always seemed busy.

Thanks so much. I loved Mizner's I am hoping I love ER!

Thx to Christine for helping.

It was super nice weather wise. Shorts even at night! Did the pool a day too. Although it can be hit or miss. I have been in early nov and had 45 -55 and COOOOOLD. Usually though a good time to go.

We only walked through it once just to see it. Lots of seating was still available but looked like it was hoppin too.

Thanks so much. I know what you mean, one year we went in January and it was so comfortable and then this year in January we were FREEZING!!

Enjoy your trip!

Silly question... on the final day of our upcoming trip, we'll be arriving at the Grand Floridian just before sunset, for our dinner at Narcoossee's. Is there a relatively quiet, secluded outdoor area overlooking Bay Lake that would be suitable for a slow dance during the sunset? I've never stepped foot on Grand Floridian property before, so the layout of the resort is entirely foreign to me.

Silly question... on the final day of our upcoming trip, we'll be arriving at the Grand Floridian just before sunset, for our dinner at Narcoossee's. Is there a relatively quiet, secluded outdoor area overlooking Bay Lake that would be suitable for a slow dance during the sunset? I've never stepped foot on Grand Floridian property before, so the layout of the resort is entirely foreign to me.

Oh my gosh...that is the sweetest thing!

The only place I can think of is over by the chapel. Its so beautiful and I never see anyone over there. I am sure the experts will be by with other ideas. Enjoy!

I don't know the answer to this (although I agree that the wedding chapel area always seems secluded), but I wanted to say, 1) this is adorable, 2) I think I will be there at the same time as you, and 3) I live in Wawa territory, too!

Hello! I booked a 2 night stay at RPC in early December. I have a dairy allergy. How should I go about contacting the club level cast members & chef to make them aware? Will they be able to make food allergy accommodations? I tried emailing Signature Services, but I did not receive a response from them. TYIA

Have you tried their candles? I see their ads on facebook sometimes. I had a GF candle from Anthology candles and it was terrible, but I'd totally buy one from here if they are any good.
I have tried their air fresheners- the Poly and the GF. I have to say, IMO they smelled very good but didn’t smell like either resort particularly to me. I also have tried anthology candles, and thought the same thing with their scents. They smell good, but doesn’t smell like the Disney things they are supposed to smell like to me.

Hello! I booked a 2 night stay at RPC in early December. I have a dairy allergy. How should I go about contacting the club level cast members & chef to make them aware? Will they be able to make food allergy accommodations? I tried emailing Signature Services, but I did not receive a response from them. TYIA
We email DSS ahead of time and ask them
to notify the appropriate chefs for the lounge. I have to say, I don’t think anything has ever been done as a result of that email, but the one time we didn’t do it the chef at the Poly asked if we had so I’ve done it ever since. When you get there Tell the CM at the desk that checks you in, then go to the lounge and tell one of those CMs. They will usually get a chef if it is the hours a chef is there, or tell you to come back when a chef is there. Often they have snacks in the back for specific allergies (ours is gluten), but occasionally we’ve been told they can’t do anything until we talk to a chef. Every CL and sometime every trip they handle it slightly different. The chefs have always been from pretty good to great, there is much more variability in the lounge CMs. If you have read that something should be available and they don’t offer it- ask. Even if you don’t know if something is possible at least ask- worst they can say is no. With Gluten free we’ve had amazing things offered and had a bag of allergy free cookies thrown at us lol!

ETA RPC is one of the CLs that was middle of the road for a gluten allergy. They didn’t go above and beyond, but they also didn’t just have a few prepackaged snacks and call it a day. They were a little better on our latest trip in June, I think they offered to make some specific GF offerings but that always takes quite a while so usually we opted to choose from what was GF from their regular options that night.

We email DSS ahead of time and ask them
to notify the appropriate chefs for the lounge. I have to say, I don’t think anything has ever been done as a result of that email, but the one time we didn’t do it the chef at the Poly asked if we had so I’ve done it ever since. When you get there Tell the CM at the desk that checks you in, then go to the lounge and tell one of those CMs. They will usually get a chef if it is the hours a chef is there, or tell you to come back when a chef is there. Often they have snacks in the back for specific allergies (ours is gluten), but occasionally we’ve been told they can’t do anything until we talk to a chef. Every CL and sometime every trip they handle it slightly different. The chefs have always been from pretty good to great, there is much more variability in the lounge CMs. If you have read that something should be available and they don’t offer it- ask. Even if you don’t know if something is possible at least ask- worst they can say is no. With Gluten free we’ve had amazing things offered and had a bag of allergy free cookies thrown at us lol!

ETA RPC is one of the CLs that was middle of the road for a gluten allergy. They didn’t go above and beyond, but they also didn’t just have a few prepackaged snacks and call it a day. They were a little better on our latest trip in June, I think they offered to make some specific GF offerings but that always takes quite a while so usually we opted to choose from what was GF from their regular options that night.
Thank you so much! I will do as you advised when we arrive. Fingers crossed all goes well. 😄

We are staying at GF for 3 nights/4 days, first time EVER guests. We have an early morning arrival flight, landing at 8:50 EST and at GF by 10:30 AM. That night I want to attend the MVMCP from 6-12. Worst case scenario, we don't get into our room until after 3 PM. Was thinking about renting a cabana for a few hours so we could rest up before the party starts. If not a cabana, maybe lounge in a shady spot near the pool. No plan B at this time for if there's bad weather. Any suggestions for a plan B?
Also, what is the best way to get back to the resort after closing down MK after MVMCP?

We are staying at GF for 3 nights/4 days, first time EVER guests. We have an early morning arrival flight, landing at 8:50 EST and at GF by 10:30 AM. That night I want to attend the MVMCP from 6-12. Worst case scenario, we don't get into our room until after 3 PM. Was thinking about renting a cabana for a few hours so we could rest up before the party starts. If not a cabana, maybe lounge in a shady spot near the pool. No plan B at this time for if there's bad weather. Any suggestions for a plan B?
Also, what is the best way to get back to the resort after closing down MK after MVMCP?

Hopefully you'll be in your room by 3:00. I think 95% of the time, that is what happens. For a Plan B, if you can't lay by the pool, you might just try to relax to *some* degree in the Enchanted Rose Lounge or Gasparilla's Island Grill. I know it's not ideal, but you can just sit and try to rest up a bit. We also had an early arrival, like you, and didn't get our room until close to 3:00 (we had a BIG 5PM dinner booked at Citricos). We just ran around all day basically (Target run, Disney Springs run, etc). It was a long day!!

As for getting back to the resort after MVMCP, I believe the boat is the fastest way. We did MVMCP on the first night (only stayed until after the fireworks). The line for the boat was crowded and it was raining so I opted for the monorail and that took FOREVER. My DH and DD took the boat (although they left about 20 minutes before I did) and they said it was really fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter