(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this is what I'm learning!! We just have a garden view outer building booked, and were trying to get the closest to a lagoon/TP view with the standard room.
Saw a video review recently where a couple in Boca Chica had a garden view but if they looked out to the right they could see the lagoon and Contemporary. They were north facing rooms I believe. I would think it’d be difficult to see MK with a garden view room though.

Yeah this is what I'm learning!! We just have a garden view outer building booked, and were trying to get the closest to a lagoon/TP view with the standard room.

Yeah with a Garden View it's going to take a Pixie Dust upgrade to get a view like the pics you posted. The Garden Views in Boca Chica are on the opposite side of the hallway as the rooms with the views you posted. You'll be looking at the courtyard or courtyard pool.

Yeah with a Garden View it's going to take a Pixie Dust upgrade to get a view like the pics you posted. The Garden Views in Boca Chica are on the opposite side of the hallway as the rooms with the views you posted. You'll be looking at the courtyard or courtyard pool.

Drat! Curse you TP for making me think there were some super-special garden view rooms :rolleyes2

so with our booked stay for June 9-23rd of 2020, I was curious besides the views, what are some of the most important factors in room selection. I understand that you can't be guaranteed a room. I just want to position myself with view booking, and room request for the best opportunity.

so with our booked stay for June 9-23rd of 2020, I was curious besides the views, what are some of the most important factors in room selection. I understand that you can't be guaranteed a room. I just want to position myself with view booking, and room request for the best opportunity.
It's all really subjective, everyone will want something different that's more important to them, but I always love an upper floor. Those upper floors have just a bit better view and can make even a not so compelling view a little bit better since you can see up and over stuff that might block views on the lower levels. They also tend to be quieter, in my experience anyway. I've only ever stayed CL at GF and always request my room with them rather than sending it through TP like I do for other resorts, but I usually get at least really close to the room I requested if not THE room I requested (which actually usually happens at GF for me for some reason, I get really lucky!)

I know it's early but the ADR's just opened up for New Years and I'm trying to plan out the afternoons :) -
Is the Gingerbread house at the GF open on Jan. 1? Everything I can find says its open til Jan 1 but I seem to recall being there a few years ago and it wasn't open on the 1st.

Returned home from our 6 night stay at The Grand Floridian and it was truly MAGICAL.

This was our engagement trip and staying at the Grand elevated the expierence and story. It was the best trip ever. There is a lot I want to say.. so I’ll keep it short and sweet.
I don’t think I have to tell any of you how beautiful the Grand Flo is.. we stayed in Sago cay and our room was perfect. Great friendly staff and you can just feel the magic there. It was amazing.

I can’t imagine staying anywhere else on property now.. I’m in love.. with my fiancé of course.. AND the Grand Floridian resort and spa!

Does anyone know if you can bring your own s'more stuff for the camp fire? We have food allergies.

Returned home from our 6 night stay at The Grand Floridian and it was truly MAGICAL.

This was our engagement trip and staying at the Grand elevated the expierence and story. It was the best trip ever. There is a lot I want to say.. so I’ll keep it short and sweet.
I don’t think I have to tell any of you how beautiful the Grand Flo is.. we stayed in Sago cay and our room was perfect. Great friendly staff and you can just feel the magic there. It was amazing.

I can’t imagine staying anywhere else on property now.. I’m in love.. with my fiancé of course.. AND the Grand Floridian resort and spa!
Congrats!!!

Congratulations!!!:cheer2:

The GF is a great resort, glad you had a great time! Congratulations on your engagement :wizard:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter