(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter finished her senior dance recital last night
She graduates today at 1pm
the other kids finish school on Thursday
And then Saturday - GF here we come!

I’ve started packing. It’s only going to be in the 50’s (yuck!) this week here so we won’t need any shorts.

I am so excited to be back!!!

I’ve started packing. It’s only going to be in the 50’s (yuck!) this week here so we won’t need any shorts.

I wear a dole whip magic band . So if you see me say hey! I arrive Thurs and heading to rpc for a sparkling! Ds has 2 exams left for community college and will be done Tues. Ds and dh arrive Saturday.

I get 2 days with dd who lives 5 hours away from us. We wear coordinating Lilly Pulitzer outfits at WDW. We have been matching since she was little. (We don’t do this at HOME! Just WDW)

Feels good to have everything wrapped up , doesn’t it? Get packing!

I saw Pete’s Twitter Feed a few days ago when he was at the Grand Floridian. He was tweeting about some problem with his Magic Band and how he was not able to enter his room. He tweeted that three hours later, they still had not fixed it. You could tell he was boiling over.

It is interesting that he had a good experience at the Grand FLoridian Cafe. I have had some really awful experiences there, so I hope it is really better.

Here is a link:
https://twitter.com/petewerner

Eek :mad:
That seems more like an IT/Tech problem and it could happen at any resort so I wouldn't hold the GF responsible for that.

I remember there was a poster here on the DIS (I forget her name) but she would take any opportunity she could to bash the GF.
Her complaint was that her family ate at 1900 Park Fare and the lobby was so crowded they didn't have anywhere to sit while they waited for their buzzer to go off. So because of that she won't even step foot onto GF land :sad2::rolleyes1. ....If I'm wrong about that please correct me if you remember.....
But that's what happens when your ADR is at the same time the restaurant opens for dinner

Congrats to your DD on her graduation! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

His Grand Floridian podcast hasn't been released yet.

I've been looking forward to his Grand Flo rant for a week now. I don't have any feelings about that resort one way or another - if I could afford it, I'd rather stay at Boardwalk or Yacht Club - but I do love me a good Pete rant! While he can be hard on Disney sometimes, I appreciate the fact that he has a high bar, especially for the resorts that cost this kind of money. He might give a pass to All-Star that he's not going to give GF. He calls a spade a spade.

Having said that though, since Grand Flo is the "flagship" WDW resort, it does sort of cast a shadow on the Disney parks when they let service at that resort slide. I hope they take notice and step it back up.

Does anyone have a favorite bldg. when staying in a garden view room? Our first stay we were in Boca Chica - nice view of the courtyard pool but we were really close to the elevators and it was very noisy. Our next couple of stays were in Sugarloaf - loved our room. The only request I ever make is an upper floor but would love to hear anyone's experience with any of the other bldgs. TIA!

Does anyone have a favorite bldg. when staying in a garden view room? Our first stay we were in Boca Chica - nice view of the courtyard pool but we were really close to the elevators and it was very noisy. Our next couple of stays were in Sugarloaf - loved our room. The only request I ever make is an upper floor but would love to hear anyone's experience with any of the other bldgs. TIA!
I’ve had Sago a few times. It feels far when it’s hot to get to/from pool. However to get to the bus or lobby it’s quicker.

If I got to choose I’d want BPK for pool access (it’s in between both) and close to lobby and path to Poly.

2nd choice Conch because I haven’t had that building yet and it’s close to my fav Transportation, the boats.

I have to say SL is almost worth the up charge for cl just for building convenience. It seems close to everything!

i have been daydreaming about my day alone tomorrow at gf for months now. Dd was arriving late at night due to 6pm flight after work.

Hmmmm says mom , I think I will mail her a ME sticker JUST IN CASE:rolleyes1

When it arrived she called me and asked why did I send? I said well you can just ask if you can work from the hotel . They are letting you Friday maybe if not a busy week they will Thursday too.

Besides I got you first class for you flight to mco because it was only a bit more than main cabin and includes your bag/almost same $. It also includes FREE SAME DAY FLIGHT CHANGES!!!

So we now both land at 9am tomorrow and I have a whole extra Disney day RPC with my dd. :cool1::cool1:

Sometimes you have to make your own :wizard:

i have been daydreaming about my day alone tomorrow at gf for months now. Dd was arriving late at night due to 6pm flight after work.

When it arrived she called me and asked why did I send? I said well you can just ask if you can work from the hotel . They are letting you Friday maybe if not a busy week they will Thursday too.

Besides I got you first class for you flight to mco because it was only a bit more than main cabin and includes your bag/almost same $. It also includes FREE SAME DAY FLIGHT CHANGES!!!

So we now both land at 9am tomorrow and I have a whole extra Disney day RPC with my dd. :cool1::cool1:

Now that's a veteran move right there! Nice work!

Hope you both have a wonderful time!!

Like trisha, Big Pine Key would be my choice (I love Boca Chica, too). The only downside to BPK is some of the rooms have a view of the back of the pool house, but you can request a high floor to possibly avoid that. With that said, I don't think that view is all that bad as it's actually better (IMO) than some standard/garden views at other deluxe resorts ;).

Sounds like a great time! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

I’ve had Sago a few times. It feels far when it’s hot to get to/from pool. However to get to the bus or lobby it’s quicker.

If I got to choose I’d want BPK for pool access (it’s in between both) and close to lobby and path to Poly.

2nd choice Conch because I haven’t had that building yet and it’s close to my fav Transportation, the boats.

I have to say SL is almost worth the up charge for cl just for building convenience. It seems close to everything!

No surprise...thats some great planning!! Have a magical time!!pixiedust:

Sorry I should have multi-quoted...

We love Sago, I love the location for getting breakfast in the morning. We also love BPK definitely in the center of everything, but there is that problem with the back of pool bar. If you ask for high room you sometimes get a turret room and I am not a fan. I love the ceiling, but I don't like the balcony closed in. Best part of the whole situation is...no matter what your at the GF.:flower1:

We loved SL and wish I could upgrade on this trip - sadly though, I can't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter