(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they still want you to eat there.......:rotfl:

They give us strawberry soup...which I’m still hit and miss with.....

I love me some pecan sticky buns.....

The little bacon and egg things.....

Rice crispies.......

Etc........:thumbsup2

I can’t even look at that ‘soup’. Ew.

Allergic to pecans.

Rice Krispie treats all day.

...and Mimosas.

How cold does the refrigerator in the room get? Just curious if it will keep milk and other food stuffs cold enough. It’s been awhile since we have been on property but it seems in the past the “refrigerators” were more of a cooler type - just keeping things cool like drinks and other non perishable snacks. TIA!

It keeps my wine cold, so it’s good IMO :D

Just watched a Dis-unplugged video and Pete Werner went off on the GF!!!!!! I mean freaking MAD!!! I love their videos and I the all the people associated with the programs, but I can't imagine I am going to agree with that ever he's going to say. I can't wait until he released the review, this is second time he mentioned that there's one coming.:sad2::scared:

Its in the very end of yesterdays video:surfweb:. Let me know if you watched it.:scared1:

Just watched a Dis-unplugged video and Pete Werner went off on the GF!!!!!! I mean freaking MAD!!! I love their videos and I the all the people associated with the programs, but I can't imagine I am going to agree with that ever he's going to say. I can't wait until he released the review, this is second time he mentioned that there's one coming.:sad2::scared:

Its in the very end of yesterdays video:surfweb:. Let me know if you watched it.:scared1:

Oh no. What the heck could have been so bad?!

Last edited:

No idea but he's doing a great job of getting folks to listen/watch, isn't he, LOL
In full disclosure, I don't. Watch or listen
I already know, I never agree with any of his reviews. Wonder if that means I will disagree with this one, which will mean I don't care for GF (which I know I don't already but am staying there anyway cause DGD wanted too and the AP rate is cheap) LOL

We have not been to Disney World in years. I just finished booking a week at the Grand Floridian for this coming October. I love, love, love this resort and can't wait to see what changes have taken place in the last five years. Right now I am so excited I can hardly type

How exciting! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:

I will be curious also but more than likely won’t sway my opinion. When I hear folks with less than desirable visit reviews of the GF (or better yet opinions of the GF when they never have stayed there) the selfish part of me actually enjoys them thinking if it can keep people away from the GF the less crowded it will be for me!! LOL!!

Does every room here come with a balcony you can sit outside on?
Almost all. There are a few that don’t, mostly special rooms like turret or king deluxe as AFAIK. I wouldn’t worry about getting a room without a balcony or first floor patio (that look just like the balconies at this resort since they are enclosed) unless you are booked in king deluxe. If you happened to get no balcony just ask if they can assign you a different room.

Almost all. There are a few that don’t, mostly special rooms like turret or king deluxe as AFAIK. I wouldn’t worry about getting a room without a balcony or first floor patio (that look just like the balconies at this resort since they are enclosed) unless you are booked in king deluxe. If you happened to get no balcony just ask if they can assign you a different room.
Thanks!!!

I saw Pete’s Twitter Feed a few days ago when he was at the Grand Floridian. He was tweeting about some problem with his Magic Band and how he was not able to enter his room. He tweeted that three hours later, they still had not fixed it. You could tell he was boiling over.

It is interesting that he had a good experience at the Grand FLoridian Cafe. I have had some really awful experiences there, so I hope it is really better.

Here is a link:
https://twitter.com/petewerner

I saw Pete’s Twitter Feed a few days ago when he was at the Grand Floridian. He was tweeting about some problem with his Magic Band and how he was not able to enter his room. He tweeted that three hours later, they still had not fixed it. You could tell he was boiling over.

It is interesting that he had a good experience at the Grand FLoridian Cafe. I have had some really awful experiences there, so I hope it is really better.

Here is a link:
Poor thing. How tragic
That's not the resorts fault so I sure hope he did go off for just that

Here is a link:

Bless his heart (you know what that really means) I'm positive the problems he experienced aren't exclusive to GF though. I read a TR that the person had those similar problems at Poly earlier this year.

Bless his heart (you know what that really means) I'm positive the problems he experienced aren't exclusive to GF though. I read a TR that the person had those similar problems at Poly earlier this year.
I had that problem once at the Villas at GF. But it could be because I had about 50 Magic Bands active at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter