(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to one of the podcast shows yesterday (I think it was the dining show - a review of the Grand Floridian Cafe). In it Pete mentioned that the GFC was wonderful, but the resort is an anomaly because of how good the GFC was and how bad the rest of the resort was. He didn't actually say it that way, he alluded to it and said we would have to wait for the review. I wonder what happened? I'm really curious, and wonder if it was really terrible or just something that wouldn't really bother me but happened to get under his skin? I'm hoping for the latter.

Hummm... curious to know now.

I listened to one of the podcast shows yesterday (I think it was the dining show - a review of the Grand Floridian Cafe). In it Pete mentioned that the GFC was wonderful, but the resort is an anomaly because of how good the GFC was and how bad the rest of the resort was. He didn't actually say it that way, he alluded to it and said we would have to wait for the review. I wonder what happened? I'm really curious, and wonder if it was really terrible or just something that wouldn't really bother me but happened to get under his skin? I'm hoping for the latter.

I know I saw that too. I am curious, but I don't think anything anyone says can turn me!:goodvibes

Hey guys! Has anyone eaten at Gasparillas? Just wondering how the food is. I have to make ADR’s for November in a couple weeks and I was thinking of maybe skipping a table service and going here for a lunch or early dinner one day. Food looks good, based on the videos I’ve watched. Thanks!

We have lunch there pretty often because we love pool days. The menu is limited but everything is fresh and delicious. They are also very accommodating to make something different for you.

I know I saw that too. I am curious, but I don't think anything anyone says can turn me!:goodvibes

Me either!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have lunch there pretty often because we love pool days. The menu is limited but everything is fresh and delicious. They are also very accommodating to make something different for you.

That’s great to know!!!! The food does look really good! I’m definitely going to add that to our list, and we still haven’t tried 1900 Park Fare, which we’re going to try as well!!

Hi, everyone! Has an opening date been released for the new BBB in GF? Everything I read says 'summer' but doesn't give an actual date.

How cold does the refrigerator in the room get? Just curious if it will keep milk and other food stuffs cold enough. It’s been awhile since we have been on property but it seems in the past the “refrigerators” were more of a cooler type - just keeping things cool like drinks and other non perishable snacks. TIA!

How cold does the refrigerator in the room get? Just curious if it will keep milk and other food stuffs cold enough. It’s been awhile since we have been on property but it seems in the past the “refrigerators” were more of a cooler type - just keeping things cool like drinks and other non perishable snacks. TIA!
We’ve been able to keep milk and perishables in the fridge at every Disney resort we’ve stayed at with no problems! If they don’t get cold enough it’s a problem with the fridge or the ventilation around it.

Cold enough to be fine. You aren't going to freeze anything but it's cold

We had an issue last year when we stayed at the VGF. Our studio refrigerator did not really get cold, it was more like a chiller than a refrigerator. Sadly, we did not realize that it wasn't getting cold until after dinner and by the time maintenance got back to us there were no working units at the hotel. We ended up putting our items in an ice bath in the sink (which ended up being a whole other drama as the ice machine nearest was not working and the one a few floors down was empty). That trip had a series of unfortunate events that were less than Disney, but were rectified in time. The head of housekeeping contacted me to discuss the issues after our trip ended and we didn't let any of the issues put a damper on our trip.

So, the moral of the story is to check your fridge out when you arrive in case there is a problem so if can be addresses ASAP.

We had an issue last year when we stayed at the VGF. Our studio refrigerator did not really get cold, it was more like a chiller than a refrigerator. Sadly, we did not realize that it wasn't getting cold until after dinner and by the time maintenance got back to us there were no working units at the hotel. We ended up putting our items in an ice bath in the sink (which ended up being a whole other drama as the ice machine nearest was not working and the one a few floors down was empty). That trip had a series of unfortunate events that were less than Disney, but were rectified in time. The head of housekeeping contacted me to discuss the issues after our trip ended and we didn't let any of the issues put a damper on our trip.

So, the moral of the story is to check your fridge out when you arrive in case there is a problem so if can be addresses ASAP.
If this happens, 90% of the time, you can crack open the cabinet door that houses the fridge (so air circulates better) and it will get colder. We take a tissue and fold it up and put it in the corner so the door can't close and just leave is cracked open ever so slightly. Makes a world of difference

At least this is the mini-fridges. Not as sure regarding the Villa equipment since it's regular size fridges, right?

My group arrives on the 25th!!!

Yesterday I had to sign a bunch of papers.....I signed them all 5/20.....
So I guess I’m a little excited to get to Disney!

I watched a few videos today, and it seems like they have a lot of food options. I LOVE LOVE LOVE breakfast, so this is right up my alley. I can do without the characters here, but I’m sure my kids will enjoy pictures.

Many of the food items seen in the CL come from 1900......:thumbsup2

So why don’t they bring up the French toast, bacon and potatoes then?! That would make my morning!! (Alongside a mimosa, of course!) :laughing:

Because they still want you to eat there.......:rotfl:

They give us strawberry soup...which I’m still hit and miss with.....

I love me some pecan sticky buns.....

The little bacon and egg things.....

Rice crispies.......

Etc........:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter