(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: is there a waiter/waitress at either pool at the GF? (or cabana boy/girl?)

There is at the quiet pool at the Polynesian and it was so nice to relax and order a drink and have it brought to you. Do they do this at the GF too?

Thanks

The main pool (beach pool) definitely does! They have menus you can order from! We only spent maybe 15 minutes at the other pool, so I’m not sure about that one. Maybe someone else can help you with that one.

First ever GF stay this December for 10 nights. So excited!!! This has been our dream resort since our first Disney World trip. Does anyone have any opinions on Citricos vs Narcoossee's? We're thinking about eating at the resort for our arrival night dinner.

We have dined at both restaurants and both are nice. You could look at the menus to see if you have a preference. Narcoossee's has a more casual atmosphere than Citricos. It tends to be noisier and seems to have more children dining there than at Citricos. Narcoossee's has nice views, though.

First ever GF stay this December for 10 nights. So excited!!! This has been our dream resort since our first Disney World trip. Does anyone have any opinions on Citricos vs Narcoossee's? We're thinking about eating at the resort for our arrival night dinner.

We love Narcoossee’s! We try to go once a year! The filet is excellent, I love their moscato and I love their bread and butter lol :-) Good luck deciding!

Question: is there a waiter/waitress at either pool at the GF? (or cabana boy/girl?)

There is at the quiet pool at the Polynesian and it was so nice to relax and order a drink and have it brought to you. Do they do this at the GF too?

Thanks

Yes, both do. At the quiet pool, they actually walk around while your in the pool and ask if you need a drink and bring it you without stepping out of the pool!!!!!!

Arrived yesterday and stayed RPC for the first night. Took a photo of where they moved the band for the refurb.
JhseCI9.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve eaten at all of the restaurants at GF, my second favorite is Narcoossees - it’s a last night tradition for us to eat there irrespective of where we’re staying (favorite is V&A.) I enjoy the views over the water, service has always been outstanding, and I like the food there.

Last might i was reading about the Mizner’s changes and caught the part where the 2nd floor balcony is getting incorporated into the lounge.

When staying elsewhere I usually pop to the lobby and head up for that always empty balcony for a peek of the grounds.

So I’m starting to warm up to the change. Sitting with a drink out there would be lovely:cloud9:

I can't help with the restaurants, but wanted to say I hope you have a great time and enjoy your first GF stay :wizard:.

Arrived yesterday and stayed RPC for the first night. Took a photo of where they moved the band for the refurb.

Hope you are having a good time and are enjoying RPC :).

I know I'm in the GF thread so I can imagine the answers I'm going to get, but I'm asking anyway. :P I'm looking at a weekend trip, and my options are GF, Poly, Wilderness Lodge, and AKL. I'm leaning towards GF or Poly because they're on the monorail line. I've always wanted to stay at Poly but GF is actually cheaper for the dates I'm looking at! So, sell me on why I should stay at GF over Poly. No kids but I'm a sucker for a good pool (normally I stay at Yacht/Beach if at all possible) and adult beverages. :disrocks:
Go with GF. The Poly pool is always crowded to a fault.

The GF never called my name until recently. I can’t for the world of me figure out why I suddenly have a desire to stay here, but the GF is calling and the call is strong. I hope to do 7 or 8 days in July 2020, assuming that Disney renews the military discounts for next year.
For me, I always feel my most relaxed at the Grand. And that keeps me coming back. Relaxation is what my vacations are all about. I love this resort.

Staying at the GF in october. I am not wanting to make a dining reservation the first night. Thinking of doing dinner in one of the lounges with just my husband and I. I know california grill is an option for that, do any of the GF restaurants have lounges like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter