(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I meant was, I'm afraid that with the Star Wars opening, Disney will be so confident of people booking for it that they will cut back on discounts. I plan on booking with a good discount and am wondering if you have gotten the same, perhaps in August?
I still haven't experienced FOP and will do that in early May.
I looked at the Labour Day room discounts from my TA and they were the highest I’ve seen. I wouldn’t count on good discount in Aug.

Planning our daily itinerary for our next GF stay :cloud9:. We want to do a particular activity right before the Princess Promenade. I’ve always read they have it every day but Tuesday, but on a trip a month ago we were at GF on a Thursday and were told they don’t do it on Mondays and Thursdays! Does anyone have any info on this so I can plan my days accordingly? TY so much! :thanks:

We will be staying at the villas for the first time this September. I am wondering what time we need to leave our rooms in order to make it for MK rope drop? About how little nw does monorail transport and boat transport take to/from MK.

Morning Everyone!!

Also, for everyone here that loves the smell of GF. We all kind of decided that Bath & Body Works Eucalyptus rain smells pretty close to that fantastic scent....well, its back in stock for summer. Going today to load up!!!!:cool1:
I think I will ask for that for Mother’s Day ! Thanks for helping my husband shop!

Just booked a lagoon view for May! Is there a certain building/floor I should request?

Upper floor (no dormer) in Boca Chica would be my request for lagoon view. I had a wonderful lagoon view room last summer that I could see the castle from if I turned left :cloud9:

Awesome, that’s what I was thinking. I’ve been looking at different lagoon views on Touring Plans, all beautiful!
Thanks for your reply!

Boca Chica! Our favorite place!
I like the upper floors, but last time we were on the ground floor. It was nice not having to use the elevators. The view was still great!

Yes! Another vote for lagoon view Boca Chica. By turning left, we could watch Happily Ever After fireworks from the balcony. And you can also see electrical water parade go by.

We will be staying at the villas for the first time this September. I am wondering what time we need to leave our rooms in order to make it for MK rope drop? About how little nw does monorail transport and boat transport take to/from MK.

The monorail ride itself from GF to MK is quick. Maybe 5 min or less? But if you just miss one, you may have to wait awhile on the platform for the next train to arrive. I’d rather be early than rushing and late to rope drop, so I left the room about 50 min before park opening.

Enjoy your trip!

Just booked a lagoon view for May! Is there a certain building/floor I should request?
OT, but how was availability for May? Was this reservation for May 2019? Would like to stay first or second week. I don’t think its necessary to walk for the month of May is it? Sorry I’m a dvc member so asking about dvc rooms.

As an update on pool cabana prices, I was able to book one for our arrival day. They offered an AP discount with it and the final price for the whole day (10 am - 7 pm) was $270.60. I had read that DVC members get a 15% discount, but apparently they will offer that to AP holders as well. I did not know that. We are 84 days out and arriving on a Wednesday.

As an update on pool cabana prices, I was able to book one for our arrival day. They offered an AP discount with it and the final price for the whole day (10 am - 7 pm) was $270.60. I had read that DVC members get a 15% discount, but apparently they will offer that to AP holders as well. I did not know that. We are 84 days out and arriving on a Wednesday.

That’s wonderful to know! I had no idea, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter