(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are several great places, off the boat dock is nice, by the marina near Gasparillas is also fun, music is piped in also.

If you’re staying in a room with a view towards MK that can also be a fun experience also.

View attachment 376887

For some reason I love this view, especially with a glass of Bailey’s on the rocks.....:thumbsup2
Or grand marnier.

Do the Cabanas have shade? Some times I am seeing pictures of an actual Cabana and other times it looks like a big lounge chair? Also if you have used a cabana was there a location you preferred. Have a 2 year old with us

Last edited:
Do the Cabanas have shade? Some times I am seeing pictures of an actual Cabana and other times it looks like a big lounge chair? Also if you have used a cabana was there a location you preferred. Have a 2 year old with us

The cabanas are shaded. There are lounge chairs around the pools that can be used that are not part of the cabana. I wish I was sitting in one now.

Good Morning Everyone!!

Unfortunately I am back from my surprise adult only Christmas gift from my DH. On Christmas morning my DH surprised me with a trip to the GF. To be honest I didn't think he knew how to book the hotel, dinner and Fastpasses. His job has always been airfare, but with the help of my kids he did an amazing job.

When we checked in on Tuesday afternoon we didn't get our room, so we went to visit the front desk and she informed of some major pixie dust. We were upgrade to RPC, and to top it off I finally got a king bed at the GF. We honestly don't love RPC, we really love the grounds and also feel that we don't appreciate them while in RPC, but it was so cold the first two days we more then appreciated breakfast without going outside. A dis friend was in contact with me while I was there and suggested trying Sugar Loaf because she feels the same way. After over 20 visits you would think I would have thought of this....lol

The hotel unfortunately was beyond packed with convention people. We couldn't even step inside Mizner's lounge and even if you could it was the loudest I ever heard it. The cast members informed us that the GF takes advantage of conventions more in January then when we usually travel since its such a slow month due to the constant changing weather and the kids in school.

As for the parks every ride we were looking forward to was down and I mean down.....like for the day. They gave us 24 hours to return so it kind of turned our plans around but me made the most of it. Everything was pretty quiet and relaxed otherwise, but I think after two visits in January I am ready to move on to different month. We're going back with the kids the end of September to the beginning of October if everyone's schedule works. We went that time once before without the kids and I think they'll love it.

I am missing the planning for now, can't wait for March when the next 180 days hit.

We book cabanas all the time due to my daughter needing time in the shade. Cabana #1 gets the most shade and has the most room on the side closest to the stairs to the bridge. Cabana #4 gets the most sun and has a little extra room closest to the restrooms. There is lots of shade inside and you can close the curtains completely or slightly. If you have any other questions I'll try to answer them.

Good Morning Everyone!!

Unfortunately I am back from my surprise adult only Christmas gift from my DH. On Christmas morning my DH surprised me with a trip to the GF. To be honest I didn't think he knew how to book the hotel, dinner and Fastpasses. His job has always been airfare, but with the help of my kids he did an amazing job.

When we checked in on Tuesday afternoon we didn't get our room, so we went to visit the front desk and she informed of some major pixie dust. We were upgrade to RPC, and to top it off I finally got a king bed at the GF. We honestly don't love RPC, we really love the grounds and also feel that we don't appreciate them while in RPC, but it was so cold the first two days we more then appreciated breakfast without going outside. A dis friend was in contact with me while I was there and suggested trying Sugar Loaf because she feels the same way. After over 20 visits you would think I would have thought of this....lol

The hotel unfortunately was beyond packed with convention people. We couldn't even step inside Mizner's lounge and even if you could it was the loudest I ever heard it. The cast members informed us that the GF takes advantage of conventions more in January then when we usually travel since its such a slow month due to the constant changing weather and the kids in school.

As for the parks every ride we were looking forward to was down and I mean down.....like for the day. They gave us 24 hours to return so it kind of turned our plans around but me made the most of it. Everything was pretty quiet and relaxed otherwise, but I think after two visits in January I am ready to move on to different month. We're going back with the kids the end of September to the beginning of October if everyone's schedule works. We went that time once before without the kids and I think they'll love it.

I am missing the planning for now, can't wait for March when the next 180 days hit.

We book cabanas all the time due to my daughter needing time in the shade. Cabana #1 gets the most shade and has the most room on the side closest to the stairs to the bridge. Cabana #4 gets the most sun and has a little extra room closest to the restrooms. There is lots of shade inside and you can close the curtains completely or slightly. If you have any other questions I'll try to answer them.
What a great time for an upgrade! Not having to deal with crowds and "lounging" is a great way to keep warm.

I have a SL-RPC split booked for Memorial weekend. I do enjoy both for different reasons.

OH my dh wouldn;t have even tried .Thats what dd23 is for lol. His own concierge:rotfl:

What a great time for an upgrade! Not having to deal with crowds and "lounging" is a great way to keep warm.

I have a SL-RPC split booked for Memorial weekend. I do enjoy both for different reasons.

OH my dh wouldn;t have even tried .Thats what dd23 is for lol. His own concierge:rotfl:

What a great trip and great time of year! I missed sitting by the pool, we could have the last two days but we just never got around to it. We were going to add a night since Saturday was going to another beautiful day before the weather turned again but all the weather reports for home made us nervous to stay and it turned out to be rain!!! We should have stayed and that would have been a pool day for us.:sunny:

I love the breakfast and the wine at night is good, but I prefer vodka and my DH is scotch snob (takes why the trip to Mizner's). Otherwise I really try to stay away from it all, the truth is I am perpetually on a diet and even though I let myself go a bit while on vacation its just too much food around. I wish I can say I have better control but those scones are deadly and then when I come home I furious with myself. I do so much better in an outer building with limited resources...lol.:rotfl2:

My DH had plenty of help from DD21 and DS24, but the idea was all his. I am so happy that I told him I didn't know what I wanted for Christmas and he had to come up something on his own.:wizard:

I had the most amazing experience staying at Grand Floridian over the weekend. We were upgraded to the Victorian Suite! It was my first time staying in club level, and I'm a bit spoiled now since this was the nicest room I've ever been in! We got to the hotel around 3pm and they told us our room wasn't ready yet, which was odd since they usually are around check-in. They didn't even mention that we were upgraded, I noticed when looking in the app that the room category changed, they just said we had a really nice room. I had never heard of this suite before and had to Google it lol. I wonder how much it actually costs a night, the only information I could find is that its a couple grand. Best Pixie Dust ever!

Good Morning Everyone!!

I'm sorry so many rides were down, but I hope you had a great time overall. Have fun planning your next trip :wizard:.

Mine wouldn't either...lol. My DH would have no idea where to even begin :laughing:.

I had the most amazing experience staying at Grand Floridian over the weekend. We were upgraded to the Victorian Suite! It was my first time staying in club level, and I'm a bit spoiled now since this was the nicest room I've ever been in! We got to the hotel around 3pm and they told us our room wasn't ready yet, which was odd since they usually are around check-in. They didn't even mention that we were upgraded, I noticed when looking in the app that the room category changed, they just said we had a really nice room. I had never heard of this suite before and had to Google it lol. I wonder how much it actually costs a night, the only information I could find is that its a couple grand. Best Pixie Dust ever!

Congrats on the awesome upgrade! Glad you had a great time :goodvibes.

Awesome!:daisy:

That’s wonderful! Hope you had a great trip!

Good Morning Everyone!!

We love a cabana day. There is something to be said for being naughty once in a while! It is well over 100 degrees down here today. A day like this and a cabana day goes from naughty to necessity! :D

What a treat! Now that's an upgrade!

A while back, we had the lovely good fortune to be taken on a tour of the 5th Floor Suites. The Victoria Suite was gorgeous then, I'm sure that it would be stunning, now! :cloud9:

We love a cabana day. There is something to be said for being naughty once in a while! It is well over 100 degrees down here today. A day like this and a cabana day goes from naughty to necessity! :D

What a treat! Now that's an upgrade!

A while back, we had the lovely good fortune to be taken on a tour of the 5th Floor Suites. The Victoria Suite was gorgeous then, I'm sure that it would be stunning, now! :cloud9:
If you want to see pictures, I posted some in a dining report.

Quick trip to Disney with an AMAZING Upgrade

Congrats on the upgrade...That's some fabulous pixiedust:

We have been taken on tours of the suites as well. It is my dream to be in the Walt Suite one day! :cloud9: It would be hard to leave it for too long. I bet that would be a trip when the parks were definitely not a priority!!
That's a fab suite we were pixiedust: that suite on one of our last trips ( we has AP's so we took a bunch of quick trips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter