(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, new here to this thread. Staying at the YC then need to move on, thinking of moving to the GF . Found rooms in the outer buildings .

Which would you go for, not alot in the price:
Standard Lagoon view or
Deluxe garden view

Only for 3 nights, 2 ad 2 ch (need day bed). Is the lagoon view better over the size of the deluxe room?

Thank you.

I agree with others that standard rooms are plenty big, but if you think you might want/need the extra room, the deluxe would be nice as well. I don't think there are any bad views at the GF, so the garden view would be just as nice (IMO) as the lagoon view. Have a great trip :wizard:.

My husband and I have just booked a stay at GF for my birthday in April in a theme park view room. This is our first trip without the kids and first time staying at a deluxe.

Congrats on booking your first GF stay! The GF is amazing, you will love it! Hope you have a great birthday trip and enjoy the GF :goodvibes.

RPC loversprincess:: We’ve reserved an RPC deluxe queen room. I’ve researched the room category and already know our room number requests/desired layout. I notice they’re all close to the lounge and/or opening to the lobby. Would you choose a standard room since that would enable us to request to be farther from the lounge and lobby for more quiet, or is the extra space of the deluxe room worth it? I also notice that some of the room views may not be so great???
We aren’t ‘park commandos’, so we will spend some time in the room.
Thanks so much in advance for your input!!! :earsgirl:
P.S. Will also post on CL thread.

RPC loversprincess:: We’ve reserved an RPC deluxe queen room. I’ve researched the room category and already know our room number requests/desired layout. I notice they’re all close to the lounge and/or opening to the lobby. Would you choose a standard room since that would enable us to request to be farther from the lounge and lobby for more quiet, or is the extra space of the deluxe room worth it? I also notice that some of the room views may not be so great???
@Dispro1 stays in them often. I have visited and seen them. I believe the ones in rooms ending in 22 will be quieter.

I would keep that room (22) because I love that wall of rooms. However it may be quieter with a std. It depends on when noise bothers you and what kind of noise.

For example, the band can be heard with rooms by atrium but thats only at night until 10p.

There would be more foot traffic in a std from xx13-19 because all the TPV people will walk past. So hall traffic all hours.

Hope that helps but ask if need more.

Last edited:
@Dispro1 stays in them often. I have visited and seen them. I believe the ones in rooms ending in 22 will be quieter.

I would keep that room (22) because I love that wall of rooms. However it may be quieter with a std. It depends on when noise bothers you and what kind of noise.

For example, the band can be heard with rooms by atrium but thats only at night until 10p.

There would be more foot traffic in a std from xx13-19 because all the TPV people will walk past. So hall traffic all hours.

That's very helpful @trishadono , thank you! :goodvibes

@trishadono , just saw your edit. I would prefer that beautiful GF band ‘noise’ over people noise any day!

Had hoped to get a quick weekend trip to the GF with a terrific DIS friend..and super poster around here @trishadono ...but unfortunately I wasn't able to get away....boo..hate it when that happens...so Wishes please send lots of pictures...needing a GF fix for sure....:thumbsup2...
@dispro not Disney related but have a fab tropical vacay!!
Hope that everyone is having a terrific Tuesday!:earsgirl:
With us? I am sure we will overlap again :chat:

Wishes have a great trip!

For my family of 5 the deluxe room was a great place to unwind. If it were just my husband and I then I probably wouldn’t spend the extra $$ on deluxe. We will be staying standard this year and will probably miss it but never really notice it to be any less quiet in any room over the other.

For my family of 5 the deluxe room was a great place to unwind. If it were just my husband and I then I probably wouldn’t spend the extra $$ on deluxe. We will be staying standard this year and will probably miss it but never really notice it to be any less quiet in any room over the other.

Thanks for your input! Have a great upcoming trip! :goodvibes

Hi, new here to this thread. Staying at the YC then need to move on, thinking of moving to the GF . Found rooms in the outer buildings .

Which would you go for, not alot in the price:
Standard Lagoon view or
Deluxe garden view

Only for 3 nights, 2 ad 2 ch (need day bed). Is the lagoon view better over the size of the deluxe room?

Thank you.

Just stayed in a 4th floor deluxe in Boca Chica. Loved having the extra space and seating area. It has an extra tv also. I liked our pool view, too.

I'm seriously considering an AP and would like opinions on whether or not the discounts on the monorail resorts have been good enough to justify the AP perk of discounted rooms. I know the discounts aren't across the board the same percentage, but are they plentiful? If I get an AP, this might be the "year of the Mouse"!

I'm seriously considering an AP and would like opinions on whether or not the discounts on the monorail resorts have been good enough to justify the AP perk of discounted rooms. I know the discounts aren't across the board the same percentage, but are they plentiful? If I get an AP, this might be the "year of the Mouse"!
AP discounts for GF are usually really good, like 30-35%. But they are very slim to none for the Poly or Contemporary.

I did a random search for dates in March and the AP discount for GF was 35%, Poly and Contemporary was 20%.

Last edited:
AP discounts for GF are usually really good, like 30-35%. But they are very slim to none for the Poly or Contemporary.
Thanks for that honest reply. I read a poster's comment about a 40% discount at the GF for summer but it might have been for GF CL. That's the kind of discount I'm looking for! I'm not against the EPCOT resorts, or AKL, for that matter, but MK is my favorite park, so I would be majoring on staying in that area.

Thanks for that honest reply. I read a poster's comment about a 40% discount at the GF for summer but it might have been for GF CL. That's the kind of discount I'm looking for! I'm not against the EPCOT resorts, or AKL, for that matter, but MK is my favorite park, so I would be majoring on staying in that area.
The AP discounts for April 28 to June 30, 2019 are 40% for GF and 20% at Poly and Contemporary. :)

Any chance you can go memorial weekend? I have 2 nights SL and 2 nights RPC. The AP rate was a good one.

Rachel GB, we would agree with Trish's summary. Our favorite Deluxe rooms are the xx22 rooms. Their irregular shape, double balcony and fun views have sealed their favouritism for us, no matter the band noise each evening. We have stayed in the xx20 rooms in several trips to the GF. Whilst comfortable and with a view of the Courtyard Pool, we found the various noises to be unfavorable. The Third Floor room is next to the games tables. During our stay in that particular room we found that children get up very early to play checkers etc. They don't place the checkers quietly, but slap the wooden game pieces on the table and create a lot of clatter in the wee small hours. The Fourth Floor xx20 room has the constant traffic and extraneous noise associated with close proximity to the Lounge. So, as Trish has mentioned, it depends on the noise type with the Deluxe Queens. Each of this room type is very comfortable; each has its own negatives, too. Whatever room type you choose, I hope you have a lovely stay in our favourite neck of the woods.

The Third Floor room is next to the games tables. During our stay in that particular room we found that children get up very early to play checkers etc. They don't place the checkers quietly, but slap the wooden game pieces on the table and create a lot of clatter in the wee small hours.
I'm so laughing at the kids with checkers :rotfl:

Rachel GB, we would agree with Trish's summary. Our favorite Deluxe rooms are the xx22 rooms. Their irregular shape, double balcony and fun views have sealed their favouritism for us, no matter the band noise each evening. We have stayed in the xx20 rooms in several trips to the GF. Whilst comfortable and with a view of the Courtyard Pool, we found the various noises to be unfavorable. The Third Floor room is next to the games tables. During our stay in that particular room we found that children get up very early to play checkers etc. They don't place the checkers quietly, but slap the wooden game pieces on the table and create a lot of clatter in the wee small hours. The Fourth Floor xx20 room has the constant traffic and extraneous noise associated with close proximity to the Lounge. So, as Trish has mentioned, it depends on the noise type with the Deluxe Queens. Each of this room type is very comfortable; each has its own negatives, too. Whatever room type you choose, I hope you have a lovely stay in our favourite neck of the woods.

Thank you for your reply!:daisy: Band ‘noise’ is okay with me! It’s people noise that I’m not as crazy about! We live in the country and are used to quiet, so it’s a bit of an adjustment to be at Disney and we do seek a quieter room. The xx22 rooms sound wonderful and are exactly what we would request, however, I’m worried we may get ‘stuck’ with xx19/xx20 rooms. I guess we are wondering if we should book a standard room instead of a deluxe for a chance of a quieter room... If we could guarantee a xx22 we would choose that! However, I know requests are just that, a request that they may not be able to meet. What do you think? Thanks so much!!!

Oddly, noise from the hall like people walking or kids running does not bother me.

Conversations or crying children from a connecting door drives me nuts.

Music or boat horns I adore!

So when people ask about noise it's hard to answer :confused3

I appreciate your help. I’m good with the music!:goodvibes People noise drives me nuts! As mentioned above, we live in the country where it’s super quiet, so Disney is an adjustment and we seek a quieter room if at all possible. I know that 4/6 deluxe rooms wouldn’t be quiet choices, so that makes me nervous. Although there’s a gamble on noise level with the standard rooms too, I’m sure. We had a TPV room at RPC about a year ago, so those were sort of out of the way. I’m sort of anxious to figure this out while availability is still there!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter