(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went in January in 2016 and never wore shorts but I don't remember the temps. I wore capris and sweaters and also never went in the pool and didn't really see anyone either, just a few crazy kiddies. I guess I am going to need my largest luggage...:rotfl2:

How long are staying for? The weather the following week looks good too with the exception of Sunday but its too early to tell.
Sat to tues am.

I was there in mid jan 2016 as well and it was cold that year. I wore jeans most days with highs only 68-70 I think. It was that damp cold kind a weather. I go often in Jan because the rates are great!

Just bring layers. I will wear a sweater in the morning and stuff in my bag as it gets warm. At night I start without and pull it out of my bag as needed. I also roll up jeans to make caprisl or roll down to cover ankles if chilly. Luckily the "end" of your trip has the better weather .

I know I have been HOT when it's 75 if it's sunny, midday shorts n a T kind of weather.

Have a great trip and hope to see your posts when you have time.

Sat to tues am.

I was there in mid jan 2016 as well and it was cold that year. I wore jeans most days with highs only 68-70 I think. It was that damp cold kind a weather. I go often in Jan because the rates are great!

Just bring layers. I will wear a sweater in the morning and stuff in my bag as it gets warm. At night I start without and pull it out of my bag as needed. I also roll up jeans to make caprisl or roll down to cover ankles if chilly. Luckily the "end" of your trip has the better weather .

I know I have been HOT when it's 75 if it's sunny, midday shorts n a T kind of weather.

Thanks so much for all the info.

I still have a few days left around here, but I'll definitely share what I can when I get back.

I went in January in 2016 and never wore shorts but I don't remember the temps. I wore capris and sweaters and also never went in the pool and didn't really see anyone either, just a few crazy kiddies. I guess I am going to need my largest luggage...:rotfl2:

How long are staying for? The weather the following week looks good too with the exception of Sunday but its too early to tell.

Sat to tues am.

We were there for a few weeks Dec 2016 and into Jan 2017. Our weather ran the gamut - the first week was warm to hot, but the second, which included tickets for a Christmas Party, held a frosty front. Fortunately, we packed for all eventualities. I packed bikinis and used them. I also packed polar jacket, sweaters and jeans. I'm sure that I looked just like the Michelin Man during the Christmas Party. I'd never come across a bitter cold like it before. Well, they say travel broadens the mind ... and the hips. The cold also means that we indulged in more hot cocoa and rib-sticking dinners than our previous trips to the Mouse. The airline placed 'Heavy' tags on our luggage. I hope they had their backs insured! :D

We were there for a few weeks Dec 2016 and into Jan 2017. Our weather ran the gamut - the first week was warm to hot, but the second, which included tickets for a Christmas Party, held a frosty front. Fortunately, we packed for all eventualities. I packed bikinis and used them. I also packed polar jacket, sweaters and jeans. I'm sure that I looked just like the Michelin Man during the Christmas Party. I'd never come across a bitter cold like it before. Well, they say travel broadens the mind ... and the hips. The cold also means that we indulged in more hot cocoa and rib-sticking dinners than our previous trips to the Mouse. The airline placed 'Heavy' tags on our luggage. I hope they had their backs insured! :D
Yep I've seen it 40's one day and 70's the next. Jan you really need to watch the weather lol.

Its a quick trip without the kids so we head out early, I think my flight out is 10:15 am:scared1:

We get there Tuesday morning, I am trying to figure out what to pack. Any suggestions?

How fun! I'm working on my first trip just DH and I. With the great AP discounts that just came out, it's hard not to plan a trip...lol. Nothing booked yet as I'm still trying to decide on the resort, but hoping to have something booked by the weekend. Have a great trip! :yay: :wizard:

Hey guys! Did anyone happen to do CL for the 4th last year? If so, I was wondering if they had a special menu out for the occasion. Thank you!

Cabana Rental:

Rental Cabana amenities include:
. Two padded chaise lounge chairs
. Two padded straight-backed chairs
. Plush towels
. 22 inch LCD television with cable access and optional earphones
. Ceiling Fan
. Mini refrigerator stocked with complementary sodas and water
. Complimentary fruit basket
. Private dining and poolside massages are available at an
additional cost.

A half day is $110.00+ tax, and is from 10am - 2pm OR 3pm - 7pm
A full day is $185+ tax for 10am - 7pm

Credit card needed to reserve; 24-hour cancellation policy; weather-related cancellation less than 24 hours, no fee, but any other reason and your CC will be charged.

Call 407 WDW-PLAY to reserve.

the following info contributed by CoachBagFanatic on 1/10/2012: "The cabanas can be rented 180 days out and all you have to do is give a CC # just to hold the cabana. You pay when you check in for the cabana. Last time I remember we were able to charge the additional cost of the cabana to our room."

Hi! You may want to update this section, when I called I got sticker shock, because I went in expecting prices in the price range quoted above

The full day cabana at the Grand with an annual pass discount is $272, The full day was Approx $310 dollars without a discount

You have to pay in full the cabana at time of booking, refundable 24 hours prior to reservation

Cabana Rental:

. Plush towels
. Ceiling Fan
additional cost.

Credit card needed to reserve; 24-hour cancellation policy; weather-related cancellation less than 24 hours, no fee, but any other reason and your CC will be charged.

the following info contributed by CoachBagFanatic on 1/10/2012: "The cabanas can be rented 180 days out and all you have to do is give a CC # just to hold the cabana. You pay when you check in for the cabana. Last time I remember we were able to charge the additional cost of the cabana to our room."

Hi! You may want to update this section, when I called I got sticker shock, because I went in expecting prices in the price range quoted above

The full day cabana at the Grand with an annual pass discount is $272, The full day was Approx $310 dollars without a discount

You have to pay in full the cabana at time of booking, refundable 24 hours prior to reservation

Prices can vary by season also.

Last edited:
Hey everyone....what weather app or website do you use thats the most reliable when preparing to pack?
I like to look at a few and see if any of them are close to the same...if so, I go with that...but typically accuweather and weather.com. I will say that weather.com seems to be more pessimistic than accuweather, particularly about rain!

I like to look at a few and see if any of them are close to the same...if so, I go with that...but typically accuweather and weather.com. I will say that weather.com seems to be more pessimistic than accuweather, particularly about rain!

Thanks, I've noticed that...lol

Hi, new here to this thread. Staying at the YC then need to move on, thinking of moving to the GF . Found rooms in the outer buildings .

Which would you go for, not alot in the price:
Standard Lagoon view or
Deluxe garden view

Only for 3 nights, 2 ad 2 ch (need day bed). Is the lagoon view better over the size of the deluxe room?

Thank you.

Hello fellow GF fans!
Wanted to wish Wishes a wonderful trip to the Grand! Safe travels..Looking forward to pics. :goodvibes

Cabana Rental:

. Plush towels
. Ceiling Fan
additional cost.

Thank you for the cababa update...it's been a while but I will get in touch with our GF thread hostess k&a&c'smom and ask her if she can do some updating..

Hi, new here to this thread. Staying at the YC then need to move on, thinking of moving to the GF . Found rooms in the outer buildings .

Standard Lagoon view or
Deluxe garden view

Only for 3 nights, 2 ad 2 ch (need day bed). Is the lagoon view better over the size of the deluxe room?

Thank you.

I would say the lagoon view...the rooms are already pretty spacious..(although the deluxe does have a nice bit of extra space and a 2nd tv)....and the LV is very lovely...and even if you can't see the sights..you can hear the sounds of the MK..and see high fireworks too..I suggest requesting Boca Chica! Hth..

Had hoped to get a quick weekend trip to the GF with a terrific DIS friend..and super poster around here @trishadono ...but unfortunately I wasn't able to get away....boo..hate it when that happens...so Wishes please send lots of pictures...needing a GF fix for sure....:thumbsup2...
@dispro not Disney related but have a fab tropical vacay!!
Hope that everyone is having a terrific Tuesday!:earsgirl:

View attachment 373728 View attachment 373729 View attachment 373730 View attachment 373731 View attachment 373727 View attachment 373727
Did you actually try to book for your dates? I say that because often what I would have wanted wasn't available so my back,up plan was the best after all.

I did a 2 br and the 2nd bedroom is the same except for the door. It really is different look than the standard gf rooms.

. I just had a studio at poly and they are similar layouts,

1 queen bed, 1 soda sleeper and then a flip down bed. I'll try to get pix for ya.

The villa area is close to the beach pool and quick walk to main building. It's also close to poly with the pathway,

I did run my dates to check availability which is how I discovered how deep the discount would have been. Oh well.... I'm sure that we will love it. If not, we will know for next time.

Thank you for all of the pictures!!

Standard Lagoon view or
Deluxe garden view

Thank you.

I would choose Lagoon view. We were upgraded on our trip from standard to a Lagoon view, corner room. It was absolutely the highlight of our stay at the GF. The rooms are already a nice size (we had tons of luggage, a crib, 2 strollers, us and 2 children in our room). Just absolutely amazing views that literally made our stay there all the more impressive.

Standard Lagoon view or
Deluxe garden view

Thank you.

I see now you said you need to use the day bed. I might go for a larger room if that were the case. Hard choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter