(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
One week from tomorrow we will finally arrive for our first GF stay! I have been posting here since I booked the trip. I am the one who planned this trip to coincide with the one year anniversary of my father's death and just celebrated my son's Bar Mitzvah over the weekend! I am EXHAUSTED but super excited for this trip. I still have a crazy week to get through and a weekend away next weekend, then bring on GF! Can't wait to experience this beautiful hotel.

I just returned from my first ever stay at GF and absolutely loved it. It was my wife's dream resort and we were finally able to make it happen for her. I wasn't nearly as excited as she was but my family had a great time there. The grounds are so nice and we were incredibly fortunate to get a castle view room even though we reserved a Garden view. The pool area was a lot of fun and having Citrico's and Narcossee's so close were really nice. We spent 4 days here, at the Poly and at Art of Animation and even with the biggest price tag this was our best value for our stay.

Also, to the person who was asking about the tie-dye. It's done at the Beach Pool as others have said. It states that you have to be a resort guest to enter, but I was never asked once on our stay to scan my band despite an employee handing out towels at the entrance when we entered. It is done under the pavilion where the restrooms are located. My daughter participated and really enjoyed it. They suggest waiting 3-7 days before washing the shirts. We washed her's on day 4 and it came out great.

One week from tomorrow we will finally arrive for our first GF stay! I have been posting here since I booked the trip. I am the one who planned this trip to coincide with the one year anniversary of my father's death and just celebrated my son's Bar Mitzvah over the weekend! I am EXHAUSTED but super excited for this trip. I still have a crazy week to get through and a weekend away next weekend, then bring on GF! Can't wait to experience this beautiful hotel.
Thr Grand Floridian will do exactly what you need for this well deserved trip. As the pages of life turn, the Floridian has always been there for our family putting us in a place that is as good as it gets. You understand once there. This holiday season begins early at the Grand! Bet you will be already planning for your return trip. Send us pictures of your adventure!

The GF is a great place to wind down, I hope you have a nice relaxing trip! :wizard:

I just returned from my first ever stay at GF and absolutely loved it. It was my wife's dream resort and we were finally able to make it happen for her. I wasn't nearly as excited as she was but my family had a great time there. The grounds are so nice and we were incredibly fortunate to get a castle view room even though we reserved a Garden view. The pool area was a lot of fun and having Citrico's and Narcossee's so close were really nice. We spent 4 days here, at the Poly and at Art of Animation and even with the biggest price tag this was our best value for our stay.

Glad you had a great time. The GF is a wonderful resort with beautiful grounds and a relaxing atmosphere :goodvibes.

Thr Grand Floridian will do exactly what you need for this well deserved trip. As the pages of life turn, the Floridian has always been there for our family putting us in a place that is as good as it gets. You understand once there. This holiday season begins early at the Grand! Bet you will be already planning for your return trip. Send us pictures of your adventure!

I agree, you really don't "get" the GF until you're there (at least I didn't). I used to see the GF as "stuffy", but that all changed once I finally stayed there. It really is a great resort :).

I agree, you really don't "get" the GF until you're there (at least I didn't). I used to see the GF as "stuffy", but that all changed once I finally stayed there. It really is a great resort :).[/QUOTE]

On our 1st visit to the Grand Floridian as it opened 30 years ago, I made a pact that we would find a way to return periodically (though not as much as Trish Donno does!) We do miss our greeter, "Richard" but we get the idea that he is still there pointing us
to enjoy the ambiance in the lobby as well as the early morning walks around the property grounds. A trip to the magic kingdom, while nice, doesn't complete the experience without being a GF guest!

For you GF "Regulars". What is the first thing you usually do once you check in? We arrive probably noon-ish next Tuesday and are staying CL in SL. I figured we would check out the lounge, get a bite to eat and then walk around the grounds a bit. We have FP at MK beginning at 4 pm , but I am not in a hurry to head to MK, especially since it will be a late night for us (staying until close). Ideas of things we should do? Pool? Wander around the grounds?

I would definitely go to the main building to soak in the atmosphere - check out the gingerbread house, take some family photos in front of the Christmas tree and do a little window shopping. Then around 3:00 pm I would head to Mizner Lounge where I would (hopefully) listen to the lobby pianist while enjoying some adult beverages.

For you GF "Regulars". What is the first thing you usually do once you check in? We arrive probably noon-ish next Tuesday and are staying CL in SL. I figured we would check out the lounge, get a bite to eat and then walk around the grounds a bit. We have FP at MK beginning at 4 pm , but I am not in a hurry to head to MK, especially since it will be a late night for us (staying until close). Ideas of things we should do? Pool? Wander around the grounds?

Go down to the boat dock and take the boat launch ride to the Magic Kingdom. From that dock make the short walk over to the Contemporary and take the boat to the Fort Wilderness lodge. View the grounds, then return to the Contemporary, and hop the mono rail back to the GF. This leisurely tour will allow you to get your bearings especially if your room is not ready.

On our 1st visit to the Grand Floridian as it opened 30 years ago, I made a pact that we would find a way to return periodically (though not as much as Trish Donno does!) We do miss our greeter, "Richard" but we get the idea that he is still there pointing us
to enjoy the ambiance in the lobby as well as the early morning walks around the property grounds. A trip to the magic kingdom, while nice, doesn't complete the experience without being a GF guest!

Richard is definitely missed :(.

I think walking around the resort is a great idea. The grounds are beautiful and relaxing and would be a nice way to wind down from traveling :).

We usually have a bite to eat, check out the hotel a bit and then walk over the Poly. Grab a dole whip, walk around the shops and then you can always grab the monorail from there to MK.

Have a great time!! How ever you choose to do anything its going to be magical.

I like to have a champage! It goes great with the soup thats put out from 11:30-4P.

I like to get settled in my room. Scones are 2:30 and again good with champagne or tea. Its easy to go back and forth. I prefer my FP starting at 6p so I can eat at 5p but you can come back anytime 5-7 for the appetizers. Then back before 10 when the desserts will go away.

I tend to graze all day long at SL. We also love the courtyard pool. You can take adult beverages from the lounge out there and sit IN THE WATER with it too. That pool allows it. One of my fav things is to sit with palm trees and enjoy my drink and pool time.

NO, I don't drink all that everyday lol I mix up my FUN;)

Go down to the boat dock and take the boat launch ride to the Magic Kingdom. From that dock make the short walk over to the Contemporary and take the boat to the Fort Wilderness lodge. View the grounds, then return to the Contemporary, and hop the mono rail back to the GF. This leisurely tour will allow you to get your bearings especially if your room is not ready.

Yep I love to do that too. This time we are at WL and will meander to GF to visit next weekend.

LOL, I have only really been doing GF for about 5 years. I have friends that have been going every year for decades. I would have loved that!::yes::

I like to have a champage! It goes great with the soup thats put out from 11:30-4P.

I like to get settled in my room. Scones are 2:30 and again good with champagne or tea. Its easy to go back and forth. I prefer my FP starting at 6p so I can eat at 5p but you can come back anytime 5-7 for the appetizers. Then back before 10 when the desserts will go away.

I tend to graze all day long at SL. We also love the courtyard pool. You can take adult beverages from the lounge out there and sit IN THE WATER with it too. That pool allows it. One of my fav things is to sit with palm trees and enjoy my drink and pool time.

NO, I don't drink all that everyday lol I mix up my FUN;)

Yep I love to do that too. This time we are at WL and will meander to GF to visit next weekend.

LOL, I have only really been doing GF for about 5 years. I have friends that have been going every year for decades. I would have loved that!::yes::
The more we are around the WL, the more we enjoy it. The lobby fireplace and the grounds make for a Yellowstone Old Faithful Inn experience. We were guests during the grand opening at Wilderness Lodge and our son just ate up the surroundings. Time to return there too! We await your usual thorough appraisal of the WL! (Not trying to hi-jack the thread as the GF and the WL make a great pair)

Last edited:
The more we are around the WL, the more we enjoy it. The lobby fireplace and the grounds make for a Yellowstone Old Faithful Inn experience. We were guests during the grand opening at Wilderness Lodge and our son just ate up the surroundings. Time to return there too! We await your usual thorough appraisal of the WL! (Not trying to hi-jack the thread as the GF and the WL make a great pair)
Watch the cl thread then, I'll post there.

My ds always loved the rock cases. We ate there often when the inlaws had the RV at the campground.

It's a fun resort to explore and have only stayed there twice. Looking forward to it!

Christmas must do for me is visiting gf and wl lobbies :)

Isn’t it beautiful? It’s such a relaxing resort. I can sit in the lobby by the fireplace all day. 5 days away from going back!

4 weeks from today and we'll be arriving for our RPC TPV stay. It's been a couple of years since our last RPC stay and needless to say, we can't wait to get back lol.

RPC is wonderful! Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

I agree! WL is one of my favs as I love the lobby with the huge fireplace :goodvibes.

Christmas must do for me is visiting gf and wl lobbies :)

:thumbsup2

Isn’t it beautiful? It’s such a relaxing resort. I can sit in the lobby by the fireplace all day. 5 days away from going back!

It is very beautiful and relaxing :cloud9:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter